Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Poe's Event Thread

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 21:07:09 )

Please ping!! I am a busy mom and tend to get lost~

@Totalanimefan: Lol It's definitely fun.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 00:13:19 )

@PoeticTorment: Wanna chat here instead of your hangout thread while the event is going on?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 00:13:55 )

I studied a bunch like I said I would and I had dinner. I might get through a bit more of the reading material cause it's a lot.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 03:28:53 )
@PoeticTorment: How's your day been? :3
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 04:06:00 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, that works for me!
Oh. Sounds like you've been busy. Was your dinner good?
And good luck with the studying. :)

@KittyBeary: It's been alright.
Did some housework and hung out with my kiddo all day.
How about you?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 18:12:40 )

@PoeticTorment: I had leftover Thai food. :)
Studying is going ok. I wish I had a way to make the info stick more. I feel like I’m reading things over and over and then I still can’t recall what I’m reading lol
How are you today?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 19:01:17 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh, that sounds good. We don't have a Thai place here in town so I don't get it often. XD
Oh, yeah. Probably feels like an endless loop. Taking a break and trying again later was the only way I ever figured out how to beat that.
I'm alright! It's carshow weekend so it's pretty loud today. I think I'm gonna relax as much as possible and stay inside.
I don't care for the motors reviving.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 20:47:32 )

@PoeticTorment: thanks for the advice about taking a break when it’s just not sticking. I took a break this afternoon and then came back to it and it was sticking better. ^^
I’m not really a fan of car shows either. Plus Idk about big crowds yet ^^;
Too bad you don’t have a Thai place. For some reason we have a ton of them near me. We have more Thai places than all other Asian type restaurants combined. Weird but I’m not complaining lol

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 21:43:55 )

@Totalanimefan: Not a problem. Glad it worked. *^*
Yeah, it's one of the few events that are popular here.
I went ahead and went for a bit but I avoided people and kept a distance.
Oh, that's lucky. We're a small town so we only have a few food places. XD
I think the only time I miss the city is for the food.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 16:19:39 )

@PoeticTorment: Sorry I missed your ping ^^
That and the air show was really popular in the area I grew up in, in FL.
What kind of food can you get from your small town? And what's good?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:41:08 )

@Totalanimefan: No worries there. I've been busy trying to get info on the assisted living place for my grandma and trying to figure out what to do about who has been trespassing on our property. Friday they opened our gate and slammed it, Sunday they banged on the windows, and last night they messed with the pickup.
Yeah, we have a small air show for the minis. It's nice watching them fly.
We have two home-country food places (good), two amercian/mexican places (both ok), pizzahut (too greasy), taco mayo (good), and sonic (ok) for the big ones. An Asian place that it's only open on specific days during school hours (they are the coffee place too) So I go to it often. (very good) XD
Then there's a pastry shop that does a meal of the week but they are really pricey... (not good)
Including the gas stations, there's a mini subway (okay) and hunts brothers pizza (very good). And one of them sells really good country fried foods!
And the grocery store sells hot meals to go. (good) There's also a health smoothie/juice bar that opened recently but I haven't been there yet. *^*;

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:46:15 )

@PoeticTorment: Someone has been trespassing!?! OMG That's awful! You should really call the police. That's not funny. Maybe get a video cam to record them?
I hope you can find somewhere safe for your grandma to live too.
The Asian place and the coffee place sounds good. Sonic is only ok, but I do LOVE their tater tots. I could totally go for those right now lol

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:57:01 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah... Where's pretty sure it's either my SO's sister "trouble" (the one we had to fight for our home with) or one of her friends.
Our biggest issue is no real proof. It's like awful pranks with no mess and I haven't been able to catch them on video yet since it's always at dark. :/
Thanks. She's thinking about staying in the town she's at now cause they allow one pet and she needs her support animal. (small dog) Otherwise, she'd move to our town cause they have more staff on hand but they don't allow pets so she doesn't want too.
Yeah, their food tends to be really great most of the time. I've only had it once where the food was too salty. And the coffee is always good. They let us mix in any flavor we want so there's like snickers flavor, caramel apple, ect. I love their dark mocha with coconut rum and their chocolate chai is awesome.
Yeah, my only issue with sonic is we can't go since "trouble" works there and I don't want spit in our food.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 22:00:41 )

@PoeticTorment: I thought it might be her too, but I didn't want to assume. Lots of crazys out there.
Of course you don't want family drama, but I wouldn't want her to hurt your kid either. He seems to have lasting trauma from her.
Your cams don't work in the dark? The one I set up does. If not, what about a motion sensing flood light? That would work and then the camera could get them.
Those are sound really good! I don't drink coffee but I love tea. ^^ Chai included lol
Oh I see. Sonic is not worth it for that. So I can see why you don't go there.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 22:15:06 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, we don't want to point fingers. We just don't know anyone else who has an issue with us, she is the only one who hates us. That's why we hadn't done anything yet until we could get proof but it's slowly getting worse. So I'm going to file a report with the police and just ask them to drive by in the late evenings. I've already given my family a heads up cause she's been spotted driving by and going onto their property as well. (She really scared my sister's neighbors kids) And they very accurately described her. I'm not sure if they called the police though.
Nope. I need to look into game cams or lights like that for sure. Our biggest problem is affording it and I just took over the budget to fix that issue. So hopefully I'll get it all fixed soon so I can grab some cause all we need is a bit of proof... *^*;
They really are. Though I'm not sure there's any tea? I think it might just be chai flavoring in coffee. XD
Yeah. I really miss getting the cherry lemonade and chicken sandwich. It was my go too but it's not like I can eat much gluten anymore anyway.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 22:44:07 )

@PoeticTorment: A police report would be a good idea. Please stay safe. I would hate for you or your son to get hurt.
I understand, who has the extra money for that. I could cost a lot more if you have to fix what she breaks ^^;
Normally Chai is a tea based drink, but you can get a dirty Chai, which is still the tea but with a shot of espresso. That sounds like a good sandwich! Do they have gluten-free bread?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 23:05:18 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I figured a paper trail is a good thing so if something does get damaged I'd have something. *^*;
I'm really trying! We're taking a lot of precautions since I don't want kiddo more traumatized. :/ I go out and walk the property with a very bright light often during the evenings. (Only when SO or neighbors home) And my SO has been checking everything too. We'll be getting the privacy fence finished soon so it'll be harder for them to get in the yard and sneak up. And we put a lock thing on the gate so it's more difficult to open. Oh, I know! But living paycheck to paycheck doesn't really leave anything for cams or lights. I'm getting things set up so within the next two-ish weeks, we should have enough for at least a set of motion lights! My SO really doesn't know how to budget, he's so used to paying all in one go, and with a kid, you can't do that.
Ah, must be a dirty chai then. I know chai flavoring tends to be pretty popular here so I figured it didn't have to be tea. XD
Eh, it's Sonic so they don't have gluten-free options yet. At least they didn't? It's been several months since we've been able to eat there.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 15:42:14 )

@PoeticTorment: yeah of course. I know you are doing your best. I’m just giving advice, I’m not judging you at all. ^^ sorry if it came off that way.
I hope it all works out and she leaves you alone.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 16:57:28 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh, I didn't feel like you were at all! Sorry.
I think I just needed to rant... It's been a stressful while. XD

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:02:37 )

@PoeticTorment: Ok good. It's like with text you never know how you come across.
It must be so stressful for you, and then you feel like you have to protect your son and your property too. It's just a lot.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.