Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I haven't posted for over a year

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 05:42:40 )

So... Um... What's up? What have I missed?

Also, the last thing I really posted was a test layout for an art shop I never made on here. Not sure if I will be opening an art shop, but if you guys are interested in my art, just check my samples here on toyhouse.

Other than that, I hope you are all doing well. I'm kinda curious to if anyone I used to talk to is still here.

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 08:43:32 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

Hi there c: Welcome back! I remember you! I just returned after a long time away as well. It's good to see that this place hasn't lost its heart or its touch!

It seems like a lot of people are popping back in lately. It's almost like a Voltra family reunion

// AI-COM : return // end of line

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 09:07:46 )

@Vii: Hey! And yeah, I remember you too. :) I used to post in your hangout thread all of the time before it was locked. Fun times! :D

Ah, seems like a plan to me. :) Wonder if anyone else I know will pop up in here now. xD

I will say that I do like the change they made in avatar dress up, though it took me a bit to find the skin and hair since its considered to be an "event" item.

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 09:17:24 )

@DragonicKittens: Hopefully! Just gotta keep sending out those vibes. I'm not sure what vibes, but whatever everyone's been doing seems to be working. xD

I kinda struggled with the inventory a bit too. I'm not proud to admit I almost thought some of my items had vanished until I realised they had to be manually moved to the dressing room. Serves me right for not reading the Inventory announcement until day 3

Alright so I'll make some sweet potato casserole for the potluck. Who's bringing tamales?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 09:21:30 )

@Vii: Lol, sounds like a plan! I'm sure if I announce to my friends that I'm opening my comms here, they will come back to hang out. Though If I do open up a shop here, it will most likely be the same on what I'm doing on Gaia.

Oh my, I guess I'll have to check out my invo later, but it seems like everything I had is still there. (Unless I traded it to a friend who was active, but oh well.)

I'll bring those! Do you like beef, chicken, pork, or bean? Also, should I bring Fluffy with me or have him stay home?

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 09:30:39 )

@DragonicKittens: I always forget that Gaia is still really active. It's been a while, but the last few times I visited, I couldn't keep up! It seemed like there were a dozen different item releases / sales / events at any moment, and the forum feed literally never stopped moving lol. But it's honestly good that ol' faithful is still flowing strong even almost 20 years later. That place is an absolute time capsule. (I'm definitely visiting after writing this post.) I still adore the item style, though trying to keep track of them is hopeless at this point. xD

Yeah some items might still be hanging out in your inventory; it does display everything that's already in your dressing room as well though so it may take some fine combing.

I'm all about the bean but it couldn't hurt to have variety for everyone else!

And Fluffy is ALWAYS welcome!

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 09:41:49 )

@Vii: Yeah xD I only went on to request art for my bday, but I didn't get any hits. But its still active, but it is in its dying stages. Trying to sell artwork on there is completely nuts though, so the only way I can is to do PWYW, but its not really worth it. Items and values are probably still nuts, so don't be surprised. And I also adore the item styles as well as the various recolors. I think my favorite color pallet still is anything Starry, Galaxy, or rainbow in nature.

Makes sense to me, though I think I'll be doing that much later.

Then I'll bring it all! :D

Fluffy will be happy to see you! <3

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 10:20:35 )

@DragonicKittens: Holy COW it just keeps getting crazier! The daily prize reward was like 500 million? I knew they tanked their economy but I didn't realise just how bad it's gotten. At this point there has to be some way they can just...knock a few zeroes off everything across the board? xD

Just spent way too long fiddling with my avatar (again) and of course saw more pretty items I just need even though I only log on once a year lol. I really wonder what it's like behind the scenes. IIRC Gaia has a big headquarters building and everything.

The best part of it all is seeing some of the same splash pages / graphics they've used since the beginning.

I've missed Fluffy! I'll have to grab my acid-proof slicker though. c':

I didn't realise how late it's gotten. I'd better head to bed...looks like I'll be sleeping in tomorrow! Have a good night! I'll catch you tomorrow hopefully! :D

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 17:17:37 )

@Vii: Wait till you see the item market. (: Its much much worse lol. And to knock a few zeros off, go to your account settings > general settings > change it from gold to platinum. There is a conversion chart somewhere online so you know how much things are in gold to plat, but I don't really remember what it was. I can tell you that 100k plat = 1tril gold. I only know that since I have that amount, but 1til means nothing to some people.

Yeah... XD I know the feeling. I'd love to get some of the new rainbow items, but its just not worth buying the GC since its all in RIGs. Plus trying to buy the items will be a nightmare.

Yeah lol, I don't really get to see the splash pages anymore since I'm always logged in, but its still cool to see. :)

For sure! He's gotten much bigger, but he's still the loveable xenomorph we all know <3

Its all good, I ended up going to bed not long after I replied to you. I hope you slept well. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 03:55:44 )

@DragonicKittens: hey long time no see! (A year)
I’m still around as I always will be. How have you been?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 04:49:07 )

@Totalanimefan: Damn! That is one rainbowrific avatar! Looks like I'll have things to quest for now. TwT

And yeah, its been a long time. :)
I've been good, got up to 200 follows on twitch recently and that's going good for me at least. :)

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 08:24:07 )

@DragonicKittens: Ohhhhh I'd seen mention of Platinum at one point and wasn't sure what they were talking about but it allll makes sense now. I wish we could turn back and start over. c': (Come to think of it, Subeta's probably getting pretty bad too.)

Guess I'm diving back in to the rabbithole for another hour xD

Also congrats on hitting 200 Twitch followers! That's spectacular! 300 is just around the corner!

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 13:29:08 )

@Vii: Yeah lol, trust me, it makes all of the 0s go down, but from what I understand, people were super salty on that. Some people still use Gaia Gold over Gaia Plat since they don't like the fact that, "It makes my money seem smaller." It was all over chatterbox when they first introduced it. Yeah... DX I would say go for it, but from what it seems, it can be pretty hard for a noobie on Gaia to make mons unless they pay for GC or sell their soul to the art gods. If not beg. DX But with the gold gens they released, it got super hard to do anything on the site. They don't do it anymore, thankfully, but it really broke the economy on Gaia. I know the main thing on here to get volts is posting or selling items, so hopefully Voltra doesn't do something similar. It would completely break the economy, and that'd be super bad. Dx

Lol, good luck. Make sure you use this, you might need it.

Thanks! :) Yeah, I'm probably about 83 follows away, but I expect to at least reach that by next year. (I hit 100 last year.) I do get those people that follow and unfollow after, which is something that happens commonly on twitch it seems. Its probably gonna happen more now since I set my chat to follow mode only, follow age needs to be 10 minutes. ^^;; Its mostly to keep my community safe right now since there is a group of people doing "hate raids" on twitch lately. (I'm super protective over my community even though I may not know them well lol!)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 16:03:14 )
Congratulations on the Twitch following; that's impressive! I hope you keep doing what you enjoy.

I haven't been active on Gaia in a while, although from time to time I remember and happen to remember my login. I think most of the people I used to chat with have moved on to other platforms or just plainly moved on from forums.

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 16:26:00 )

@DragonicKittens: People are funny. xD I haven't swapped over yet as I only have like 10bil (absolute POVERTY!) but do have some items in the marketplace so we'll see! I do remember another friend telling me about the Gold Generators after my first Big Shock some years back; I'd visited for the first time since probably 2012,, when a billion was actually a lot of Gold. xD

I also found some RIGs in my inventory that I think have been around since 2009? And now I'm all nostalgic and sad about not being more active. xD Opened a couple of them last night hoping for some cash crops but nay. I think I'll just save the rest as keepsakes.

It's probably a bit frustrating to watch your numbers yo-yo like that :/ I'm not proud but am guilty of subbing and then unsubbing for coupons / promotions / exclusive stuff in Destiny; there was an emblem last year that could only be obtained by subbing twice, but I couldn't justify another subscription. |D But the emblem was purple and I nEEDED it....so yeah c':

What do you usually play when you stream? c: I'm gonna guess Warframe? :D

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 18:02:27 )

Gonna put my replies in spoilers since I'm replying to 2 people.

@blue:
Thanks! :) It took me a while, but I'm glad I have people that like to watch me. XD

Lol, I only decided to become active again since I'm just trying to find something else to do besides playing my games. So maybe opening a shop will help with that, but trying to price my art on there is a NIGHTMARE! DX

@Vii:
Lol, Yeah, that's pretty poor for some standards. I want to say that's about 10k plat, but I could be wrong. And you may have some things that are worth selling in your invo, but sometimes the market can be a pain. The gold generators really made a mess of things, especially since they just kept releasing RIGs around that time that granted them. I'm glad its over now on that.

Saving them for keepsakes are probably for the best since most don't really give anything of value it seems. DX its sad since you want to get a good item you see on the preview but it gives you hot trash you can't sell. DX

Yeah... It is, but there isn't much I can do on that. The most I can do is just hope for the best. Well... Subbing is much different from following on twitch mostly since it involves money. But I do tell my followers that subbing is optional and if they have to unsub, its completely ok. Subbing on twitch is just a away to give a streamer financial support. :) Plus some have some cute emotes you can use in their chat or other people's chats too!

Warframe is one of the games, yes. xD But I also stream my artwork a lot, either personal art to commissioned art. :) I stream a lot of Muse Dash too since its a pretty fun game to play, plus the music is enjoyable. I'm gonna try and see about playing Spirit of the North again here soon, but I got stuck on a puzzle I completed. The game didn't save itself after I completed the puzzle when I quit out. DX

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 18:15:31 )

@DragonicKittens: Thank you! There have been lots of cool items over the past year. If you want to know what’s equipped you can see that on my profile.
Wow that’s great! Congrats on that ^^

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 18:38:40 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, can tell. Really loving the lisa frank tiger astetic you are going for on your avatar! <3

Yee. :) Super happy on that lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 19:15:29 )

@DragonicKittens: thank you! That’s the look I was going for.

What have you been streaming?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 20:02:14 )

@Totalanimefan: Lol, nice!

Mostly my art work, Warframe, or Muse Dash. Sometimes it can be other games, but it really depends on if I'm in the mood to play those.
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.