Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Nerdtropolis

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 18:06:24 )
Do you want to talk over your favorite Pokemon? Do you want to share your favorite myths? You been reading good books? Then this is the hangout for you.
Pokemon
Mythology
Books
Movies
Video Games
And More!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 22:16:28 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Hello! im a big nerd... geek... whatever lol and im feeling talkative so ill just ramble on ab some of my favorite stuff.

So my favorite pokemon is Sylveon, they have been ever since i was a kid and first saw them. Wich is actually very suprising! I used to dispise everything pink and girly (highly likly has to do with me being trans and not realizing it and just not wanting to apear feminine) but Sylveon always was special to me. I never played the games (shame on me i know) but i loved the show and i collected the cards.

My favorite serie is Atla, Ive rewatched it several times and im still amazed by its glory. My favorite movie is Howls Moving Castle. I dont exactly know why but i got atched to it when i went trough a bad time and i let the movie play on loop for an entire week lol. Ive also been listening to the Audio book, while i know how the character are difrent i love both versions deeply. Im planing on getting a few tattoos, Howl would be on my left arm and Sophie potentially on my right + Id love to have the scarecrow and Calcifer somewhere too lol.

I play dnd almost every sunday (last sunday was canceld but the next sundays should be fine). I play a pink tiefling sorcerer named Wendell, his mission is to save his sister who was kidnapped by a vampire lord. He also has a "son" wich is a glowshroom brought to life by pixie dust and rain lol. It dosnt have a name but the group calls it wendells son. Wendell also can summon undead and has a main guy he summons wich is a pink skeleton called bob who wears a flower crown. My dudes nickname is "twink" bc hes the shortest and youngest. I honestly wasent planing on playing such a character, my original plan for him was to be more serious but he turned out to be the comic relief lol.
Ive also played some other characters for one shots. A himbo minotaur with only 1 braincell called Artrox and a tiefling tinkerer called Alcyone who everyone dubbed "al capone", it dosnt help that i tried to give him a new york type accent lol.

Due to lock down i havent really been able to do much but ive started on a new cosplay. Its my own character tho (Wendell the pink tiefling i play with!). Another person from the group is also gonna cosplay their character and the DM is gonna be one of the npcs!

Ive also recently finsihed the Demon Slayer anime and movie and really liked it. It reminded me alot of blue excorcist tho.
And ive got a few episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen left to watch... wich also reminds me of Blue exorcist... hmmm
I love Blue exorcist tho, it was one of my first anime i watched

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 23:13:54 )

My favorite Pokemon is probably Umbreon (which is my buddy pokemon in Pokemon Go!), though I also really love Shaymin, probably because I adore hedgehogs. :D

My biggest nerding out probably is on Sea Monkeys, Isopods, and various other little invertebrate critters. I don't have any Sea Monkeys at the moment but I do have two colonies of Isopods! :D (and a culture of springtails as well)

I'm also a plant nerd, and have a bunch of them around my room as well.

As for video games, I really love Minecraft, and recently I've picked up Don't Starve Together for the first time in ages as well. I like my sandboxy survivally type games.

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 05:20:12 )
@GoblinsAndTea: I think that Sylveon is awesome! I played Pokemon Y, so I have experience with that Pokemon. I myself am mostly lost in your animes, but I think Wendell is an interesting character. Maybe we can share Ocs? I have a few that would be awesome to release on someone who isn't gonna RP with them... At least not right now.
Lemme know.

@CooperationIsKey: OMG, I love Umbreon! Particularly the shiny version. I don't know much on the critters or plants, but maybe I will learn a thing or two:-D. I haven't played Minecraft, but I have watched a bunch of videos.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 01:03:58 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Klo Tklarau: Share OCs? as just talk about them? Im always game to hear people talk about their characters! The otherday i watched several hours of somebody talking ab their characters in debth lol.
I also havent rpd since early 2016 and im not really intrested in it anymore sadly

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 01:07:07 )

I don't really rp myself anymore, but I have a ton of OCs I enjoy developing anyway. A bunch of them are adopted because I have a habit of falling in love with designs, but there's some I came up with in there too. You're welcome to have a look at my kids on my Toyhouse! :D

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 14:51:22 )
@goblinsandtea: Yes, I do mean talk about them:-). I have several worlds to explore, and I am sure you have a interesting cast...if Bob the skeleton says anything ( I am a necromancer).

@cooperationiskey: I looked. I saw. Tell me everything about this Toyhouse site.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 23:25:21 )

@Klo Tklarau: Toyhouse? It's just a neat site with tools to let you make profiles and galleries and stuff for your OCs, and organize everything. It's pretty awesome tbh. I'm also slowly copying my character profiles into standalone web pages on my website, but it's kind of a pain to do so it's slow going.

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 03:33:57 )
@CooperationIsKey: Cool! I looked at the sign up thing and it mentions a invite code? Can you enlighten me?

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 03:53:25 )
Cool! I think that this might turn into a thread about sharing OCS XD.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 03:59:54 )

@Klo Tklarau: Yeah, despite being around for many years now the site is still in 'beta' I guess? So you can only join with an invite code. Though, it's easy to get a code; I think I just googled "Toyhouse invite code" or something like that and found a thread offering codes for free.

Please ping me!

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 05:01:00 )
This is way too difficult for my sleepy brain...
It suggested I have a friend who is on Toyhouse to poke around...
Sorry.
@CooperationIsKey:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:08:24 )
I think it became a viable alternative to hosting images after Photobucket made big changes. At least, with regards to hosting images that could be grouped together.

Ah, I haven't played Pokémon in quite some time, but I think my favorite was always Gyarados, and later I really enjoyed Tyrantrum. I'm afraid I've only ever played DnD one time in my life, and it was at the release of a new expansion at a PAX convention. I was completely out of my element, and the only survivor of the party because I consistently rolled poorly and evaded danger by falling down a poop chute; what a memory.

It has also been a while since I've read a full book for fun, but I started to read Dune last week and I'm really enjoying it so far. I didn't realize how rich the world was.

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:15:36 )
@jupiter: Welcome!
I too enjoy Gyrados and Tyrantrum!
As discussed previously, I played Pokemon Y. Tyrantrum was always my favorite of the Kalos fossils.
I love Magikarp, so I love Gyrados.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:24:18 )
Thank you for the welcome!

That poor fish always got a bad rap, but if you had the patience, Gyarados could take you to the top, hahaha. Ah, that's very exciting! I believe the last games that I ever played were Sun and Moon. It was always interesting to see who the new antagonists were, and it was an interesting feature to make Pokémon have different regional appearances.

Aside from that, I really just play sandbox/farming simulation games when I happen to have the time. Do you have any particular favorites for games?

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:34:34 )
Eh. RPG, sandbox, racing, fighting, Mario, it really doesn't matter to me.
@jupiter:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:40:37 )
I found a couple of indie games that I enjoyed, although I think they would be in a side-scrolling category. Basically, if it looks like a crappy pixelation job from the 80's and has zero instructions on how to play, I'm into it.

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:52:24 )
@jupiter: No tutorial? Risky. Reminds me of a meme about when you skip the tutorial, and it was this guy holding the shopping cart horizontally and throwing stuff in. Ha ha ha. Anyway, you like old games then?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:58:08 )
@Klo Tklarau: There's this one that I keep going back to called Kingdom Two Crowns. It's incredibly frustrating, but I still enjoy trying to figure it out. It's very much like pushing a shopping cart sideways. Each time I get a little further but I couldn't explain the mechanics even if my life depended on it, haha. I don't know if I enjoy an older-looking game for the aesthetics, or the nostalgia. Sometimes a game just kind of hits right and it's enjoyable to spend a few hours playing.

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 09:04:19 )
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

@jupiter:
I am evil. You are evil.
We're all evil.

Ping me. I don't bite.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.