Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 20:44:42 )
I haven’t been able to use my laptop for a while now, its always been slow even brand new out of the box (now I know to send it back if that happens again but it was my first time buying a PC) and at this point it just refuses to work. Oh you want to put your password in so you can get to your files? Nah won’t even show you where to put your password, just look at your screensaver, it’s pretty!
That’s how it’s been going. And when by some miracle I am able to log on and get to my things, it takes forever and a day to open said things. Even the start menu to shutdown or restart takes forever to open. I’ve tried so many things to get it to run faster, more than I can count and more than once for most options. It never got better. So I haven’t been able to do anything that isn’t on my phone. Yesterday I hit my breaking point and just sat there and cried because it wouldn’t let me log on. We went to look at computers, and most of them were the brand I already had and I did not want that again, and the rest were expensive and out of stock so we left empty handed and back home.

Well, today my parents found the laptop we were looking at online, and saw that our store had some for pickup, so they bought it and picked it up and when I woke up it was sitting here waiting for me 😭 I can’t even describe the level of relief and gratitude I have right now. It’s been over a decade since I had something this nice and I can’t wait to use it and not have to deal with not even being able to log in anymore. I just wanted to share because I’m so happy right now!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 21:09:49 )

@Ruby: wow that’s amazing! Congrats on your new computer ^^

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 21:21:38 )
@Totalanimefan: thanks! It’ll be so nice to be able to do what I need/want to do and not have to worry about it not working :) and I can play games now too! So I’ll have to figure that all out xD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 01:46:41 )

@Ruby: that’s exciting!! What do you want to play?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 03:42:02 )
@Totalanimefan: I’m not sure xD a few people want to play minecraft with me so I’ll be learning all about that xD
Ive never played online games like these before (or like, PC games lol) just old computer games and console games. I’m excited to start :3

Any suggestions?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 03:58:05 )

Minecraft is awesome, and Don't Starve Together is a fun one too, though a bit difficult. :) Also Stardew Valley is a popular one right now! It's super cute and fairly low stress.

Please ping me!

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 05:27:30 )
@CooperationIsKey: oh cool, thanks! A friend of mine likes stardew valley.

I just realized I can play slime rancher so I’m excited for that now xD

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 08:44:01 )
@Ava: oof I hear you on that. I had a new MacBook about a decade ago, I loved it, and then the charging port fried itself and so I wasn’t able to charge it and it eventually died. My dad had an even older macbook so that became my computer and it got to the point I could only do one thing at a time or it would freeze my whole computer. Like if I was on a skype call, I couldn’t even check my other skype messages. My bf bought me the laptop I just replaced and it served its purpose, it wasn’t lightning fast ever but it would at least turn on and work properly for a while. Thats what I did all my art on because it was a touch screen. Now I have an ipad to draw with (although I haven’t gotten that far yet) and did most things on my iphone. But I’m so glad to have a fast computer again, and one I can finally game on. I still don’t know much about windows computers or gaming but I’m here to find out xD
Good luck on your laptop ventures. I highly don’t recommend anything Lenovo lol that’s what I just replaced and it’s not my first run in with this brand being crap lol the guys at the store were repping it really hard but I’m like no thanks. It was funny they were like “well if you buy it here they’re pretty good.” They didn’t have a follow up when I told them I DID buy it there xD

I got an Asus this time so we’ll see how it goes

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.