Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Chronic pains! The worst.

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 21:55:56 )
I've had chronic stomach issues since I was a kid, its the worst thing ever. I had my gallbladder taken out in 2016 due to it failing, but even then I still have the worst stomach pains in the universe!

I usually have to take a little bit of pepto, pain meds and a nice heating pad on my stomach after, and it usually helps.

I also suffer from arthritis, but i have good pain meds and tiger balm for that :P

I'm writing this because I had another painful bout after eating something my stomach hates lol

Any one else here who have chronic stuff?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 23:23:52 )

@LordVehk: I have IBS and I can't ate onions at all. I can eat some dairy with a lactose pill. It really sucks. I can't have food too close to bedtime, I can NEVER eat onions, not even the powder and stress also triggers me (Like most) so yeah. I feel you.

What has helped me a lot is not eating as much processed food (think like TJ's or Whole Foods. America foods just have no much junk in them) and I think what has helped the most is taking a probiotic every day. I started that in 2018 and it made a world of difference. In 2020 I slacked, but I was only eating home cooked food, and I had the bacteria in me already. I still take it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 00:13:01 )
@Totalanimefan: oh definitely! My parents switched out of processed foods fo that reason. I need to start taking probiotics too, a lot of people recommended it.

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 01:19:13 )
@Ava: God yeah, I'm sorry your doctors were so shitty :( thats the worst mix ever

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 03:35:33 )
Uh oh. I think the storm that's rolling in is causing my arthritis to flare up!!! Egh.
Your friendly neighborhood Plague Doctor

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 04:10:25 )

Ouch, sorry you have to deal with all that! Glad you at least have something that helps, though I know that stuff never really fully goes away. I have Crohn's, so I'm in a similar boat with chronic digestive issues and joint pains. It's cost me a job before, and currently keeping me from going back to work after leaving another job for unrelated reasons. Trying to figure out what to do about the constant need for doctors, insurance, and money is an ever-present hassle... and of course, my biggest trigger is stress. [insert eye-rolling emoji here]

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 05:21:39 )

I have chronic pain (among other things) after a possible seizure in 2008 (the useless Emergency doctor told me it was 'just a panic attack'--yeah, a panic attack that left me permanently disabled??). Also developed balance problems, motor tics, and difficulty with math and general concentration. I had a little trouble with stress before, but absolutely cannot handle stress at all now (it triggers my temper and/or massive panic attacks). I lost my job, couldn't get another, lost my apartment and lived in my car a while. Things have improved since in my life but the cause of my sudden health changes has never been figured out and I still can't work.

Also fun is that it's aaall invisible (except sometimes people witness the motor tics) so people tend to write me off as lazy, which really hurts because I want to be productive. 🙃

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.