Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boss Babe

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/19 11:34:08 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Desiree just shrugged.

"Here." She said simply before digging in her wallet. She pulled out a card, one that Vincent knew well, and wrote on the back of it.

One full ensemble, each. and signed it.

"Just go all at once, and take it to Mariana's, any of them should work." She told him as she held the card out.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/19 21:59:44 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Vincent accepted the card, almost dumbfounded, and looked at it. He saw that she had, indeed, written that on the back, alongside her signature. He could only stare at it at first, before looking at her.

"D... Desiree?" he stammered.

"Wait..." he muttered. "Wait, wait, wait..." he said.

"Hold on, you have a position of authority at Mariana's?" he asked. "And quite a hefty one, at that?" he asked further.

"But... how... I mean..." he then stuttered, before taking a small breath, and letting it out slowly.

"I assume this has to do with your sudden uptick in fortune?" he asked, more calm now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/19 22:01:02 )

Desiree was silent for a moment before chuckling.

"My Mother was Mariana Niell." She told him honestly.

"When she died, she left it to Deryck. And then he left it to me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/19 22:30:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Again, Vincent was stunned, before he forcibly brought himself back to reality.

"Right." he said. "I'm not sure what's more surprising; the fact that THE Mariana Niell was your mother... or the fact that your brother left the company to YOU." he told her.

"From all I know of him, that is... NOT something he would do. At ALL." he stated, before leaning back a little. "Unless there is/was more to him than most of us know..." he mumbled.

"Wouldn't surprise me. People, even the worst of the worst, can sometimes surprise you." he then admitted, scratching his chin a little.

"Are you certain there's nothing... sinister... going on behind the scenes?" he asked. "Not to make you paranoid, but at the moment, to say I'm cautious about this sudden information is... well, it's an understatement."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 02:23:01 )

"Everything does seem to be on the level. Even had a lawyer and Hal there with me to make sure it was, when ownership was actually properly passed to me." Desiree told him honestly.

"It made it less nervewracking, too." She added with a light laugh.

"However, yeah. Seems everything is on the level. which... is surprising, I agree. Deryck was a sweetheart before Mother corrupted him, though.'

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 03:09:43 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...he was, was he?" Vincent asked, a hint of skepticism in his tone... before he just sighed.

"I can believe that." he then said. "In fact, I'm more than willing to believe that." he clarified. "...I certainly hope his soul gets another chance, then." he then told her. "From what I know of such matters, which... isn't much, admittedly... if a pure soul is corrupted by others, then in the afterlife, it has a greater chance of seeing the error of their ways, and therefore getting a chance at redemption." he said further.

"Also known as reincarnation." he then stated.

"He was a human, so he would be reborn as another human." he said further, before pausing.

"But this is purely conjecture at this point. Redemption DOES take a while, from what I have been told." he lamented.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 05:05:15 )

"Yeah. I've heard that too." Desiree commented.

"For a chance at redemption, what happened, and how, is taken into consideration. Gregory told me that much awhile ago when I'd expressed concern about mother possibly being reincarnated." she explained.

"I know it's not common knowledge, either."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 05:25:02 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Hm." Vincent mumbled.

"Yes, I'm willing to bet redemption and reincarnation for your mother is... a pipe dream for her." he said.

"But if what you say is true about your brother, then he MAY have a much easier time." he went on. "Depends on if his soul can face that corruption, and defeat it." he shrugged.

"We really won't know, sadly." he lamented.

"Anyway, back to happier topics, I'm glad your life is on track, and in the fast lane." he told her sincerely. "If you ever still need anything, or want to confide anything, my door is always open." he reminded her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 05:31:52 )

"I appreciate it, Vincent. So so much." Desiree told him honestly.

"Is there anything you'd like to know, or whatever?" She then asked. "I wouldn't be surprised if you have questions. If you don't, that's cool too."

"I'm not sure what to talk about, if I'm being honest."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 05:51:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"....." Vincent was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"Just one more thing." he said. "And then we can enjoy our tea." he chuckled.

"From what you've told me, you are the owner and CEO of Mariana's, yes?" he asked, to which Desiree nodded in response. "That is an immense level of responsibility, to understate it." he commented.

"Do you feel up to it?" he asked. "Can you handle that level of responsibility?" he asked further.

"I'm not saying I doubt you, heavens no, but for this to suddenly be dropped into your lap would be overwhelming, in many different ways." he reasoned. "Will this interfere with your personal life?" he inquired. "And what of your magician performances?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 05:53:30 )

"My perfrmances... That one depends on if people look at me differently" Desiree answered.

"As for my life, nah. I'm good. Largely going to be hands off, as apparently that's how Derycj had it set up, and the company was doing brilliantly. Then again, he didn't have a stylistic bone in his body." She added.

"Oh, heads up though. When you go there.... The store is staffed entirely by hunters"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 06:13:14 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Vincent paused for a moment, almost flinching when she said that.

"...I see." he said.

"Now, I trust you, Desiree." he told her. "And you KNOW I do." he reiterated. "But please understand that the thought of entering a store staffed entirely by mana hunters is not something that immediately sounds... inviting." he continued.

"Can I have a little more... information about this?" he asked.

"If nothing else, so I can offer some reassurance to Rowena?" he said further. "I am NOT going to have this be a surprise to her, as she will NOT react to a sudden instance of being surrounded by hunters." he mumbled.

"I'll need something to assuage some of those fears."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 06:15:07 )

"They're all like Marcus and Dom" Desiree told him honestly.

"'Modern' Hunters, as they call themselves. They're perfectly all right with mana and can ignore the natural instinct to erase it." She added.

"Was quite a shock to myself when I first went, as well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 06:35:56 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Vincent let out a sigh of relief.

"Well, that does it for me." he said. "I'm fine enough knowing that." he told her. "Hopefully it'll be enough for Rowena as well." he then said further, thinking about it.

"You can also tell her that Marcus helped personally establish that hiring policy." Desiree then added. "And that they pride themselves in being a safe and productive place for Modern Hunters to make their living, while leaving the old ways behind." she finished.

"...and that should probably seal the deal for her." Vincent chuckled.

"She IS nervous and a little paranoid, but I do know her thoughts on Marcus. And even SHE feels he's chained himself to his past too much." he revealed to her. "And coming from Rowena, that's saying something." he said quietly.

"...your choice on whether you tell Marcus this, but if you do, you didn't hear it from ME." he then stressed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 06:40:10 )

Desiree nodded.

"I might. Although hes already realised that, I think." She commented after a couple of seconds.

"Considering he's actively seeking someone t talk to on a professional level? Yeah, reasonably certain I don't need to mention about Rowena's thoughts." She added with a light laugh.

"And if Rowena has a hard time with it, let me know. We can figure out something for that later."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 07:00:17 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Vincent nodded in response.

"Fair enough." he said.

"I'll let you know." he told her, before sighing quietly, and smiling.

"For now, let us have a now-congratulatory teatime!" he declared. "I don't know what sort of schedule you are on right now, but the tea should be steeped enough, and everything should be ready." he reasoned.

"So let us indulge in one of life's little simple pleasures." he suggested.

"After all, the finer things in life aren't always the pricier things."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 07:09:20 )

"No real schedule today" Desiree told him honestly.

"So let's properly enjoy this." She added. "Because rushing sucks."

And they did. They sat, chat, and enjoyed the tea and snacks for awhile before Desiree parted ways.

Sometime later, she was sitting on the couch when he phone rang. Upon checking it, she saw that it was the realtor that they'd been in contact with regarding a house. After that phone call, she made her way to where Jaden was on the balcony and poked her head outside.

"Yo." She greeted

"Realtor just called." She continued after a second or two.

"The homeowners are willing to accept our offer for the property in Scotland, if you want to go for it."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 07:43:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden looked back at her, paused for a moment, and smiled.

"Go for it." he said.

"Scotland is a beautiful country, nice and friendly, it'll be a wonderful place to raise a family." he reasoned, making his way over and standing before her, wrapping his arms around her waist and holding her close.

"...this is it." he then said.

"A new chapter in our lives, a fresh start in another part of the world." he told her.

"And right now... it's the greatest feeling in the world to be turning that page with you." he finished, as he leaned in close, and shared a kiss.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.