Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Got my second Covid shot

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 00:04:19 )

and boy did it knock me on my ass... Felt fine the day of, then when I tried to go to bed, it started. Chills so bad I couldn't stop shivering long enough to put a sweater on, followed by fever, nausea, and a severe headache that has endured all day long. Been taking Tylenol and that's helped a good bit, but now I've maxed out the doses and can't take any more today, so I really hope these issues calm down and continue to improve over the course of the day. I feel better than I was, even managed to eat something and can kinda sorta walk around now... but woof. I heard the second shot was supposed to be worse than the first one, but I was not prepared for this.

As a side note, I felt so crappy that I gave the cats all their food for the day at once. I didn't know if I was gonna be able to make it down the stairs again for their usual feeding times, so I let them graze today... and guess whose bowls are already completely empty only halfway through the day?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 01:14:50 )

@Count Trashula: It knocked me on my ass too. Good news is that tomorrow you will feel better and the next day after that back to normal

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 02:41:39 )

@Totalanimefan: I sure hope so. Thought I was doing better, but when the tylenol wore off it all came back. took more anyway; i cannot do this without it. =_=

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 04:12:11 )

yeah it be like that. my head imploded at like 3am after i had my second one. the whole day i was in pain and barely got out of bed. i drank so much water but was struggling cause i couldn't get up to relieve myself. it was hard.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 06:46:56 )

@Bonnie: damn.. that was what finally forced me out of bed lol. But I guess it's worth it to get this over with.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 07:01:52 )
I had the exact same first symptom. When I went to bed that night I also had really bad chills I could not go to sleep. So I took ibuprofen and it took care of the chills. Next day I just felt drained of energy and kinda sick, but nothing too bad, then the day after that I was back to normal. o_O

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 08:17:34 )

@KittyBeary: at least it went by quickly!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 16:43:38 )

post-vaccine day 2: Definitely feeling better, thank goodness. Still had to take something for the headache, which just did not want to go away. Feel kinda weak and shaky and off-balance when I walk around, but I can walk around, at least. No more nausea or body aches, no more chills and fever, though I do feel exceptionally sweaty. basically the whole "just getting over being sick" package, which isn't super fun but I'll take this over yesterday's baloney any day.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 16:50:16 )

@Count Trashula: yeah moving honestly helped me but it was so hard. Staying hydrated also helped. I didn’t eat much but I did have like apple sauce and jello and throwaway spoons so I didn’t have to get up much. But after that terrible day I just had aches and headaches which were more comfortable to deal with

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 17:04:59 )

@Count Trashula: Yeah I feel that. I think it's ok as long as it's just for like 24 hours. They wouldn't want you taking extra for days lol
How are you feeling now?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 19:10:19 )

@Bonnie: dang I wish i had some applesauce... i mostly ate cheetos yesterday lol it was the easiest thing to grab that didn't look like it would upset my stomach too much.

@Totalanimefan: Much better honestly... aside from having to take something again for the headache. hopefully it wont' come back again. >_>

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 20:50:58 )

@Count Trashula: I hope this will be the last time. And you have been drinking water?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/10 21:52:56 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, plenty of water.. So far it hasn't come back, and it's been around 8 hours, so I might be in the clear.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/11 00:08:01 )

@Count Trashula: tbh that would have been so good too. I wasn't in the mood to chew cause my head hurt that bad. I basically treated it like I gotten my wisdom teeth removed cause it was just easier.

my favorite applesauce is the mott's pear applesauce. it's soo good. but it's so sweet. However, I usually just get the no sugar added kind but when I want the sweetness I get the pear flavored one.

bloop

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/11 06:52:23 )
@Count Trashula: Yeah, I was thankful to be feeling back to normal by Friday(got the shot that Wednesday evening). My arm was still sore but not too bad.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/11 07:21:32 )

@Bonnie: I get that; I cannot tolerate headaches. :'^|
I like chunky unsweetened applesauce.. or cinnamon. I've seen the pear one around, probably had it at one point, but I haven't bought any kind of applesauce in a while...

@KittyBeary: I remember arm soreness lasting for a while from the first one, too. So far I feel mostly better but still getting intermittent spells of faintness/dizziness if I move around too much. Hopefully that'll be gone after tomorrow.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/11 16:56:43 )

@Count Trashula: I think you are good now. 14 days after your 2nd shot you are good to go. :)

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/11 17:39:30 )

I feel a little woozy today but I'm pretty sure it's because the damn cat woke me up after I'd only gotten about 4 hours of sleep. Thanks, cat.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 16:32:39 )

I think that time you could blame the cat instead of the shot lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 04:21:50 )
@Count Trashula: Hopefully that's gone soon. :c
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.