Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I went for a bike ride - 18 miles total!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 02:22:53 )

I rode my electric bike (ebike) lots today! You still have to petal but there is a small battery that helps you up hills or go faster if you want when you petal.
The weather was a bit on the hot side. 88F when I was starting out and sunny, but at least on a bike you make your own breeze and the trails have lots of trees. With the 'E' part of my ebike you don't have to work as hard to get around and it was a lifesaver today.

Anyway, I rode 2 miles to a local bagel place I love. Then rode to the paint store to get some samples, but they were out of the small containers T_T
Then I had to ride about 7 miles to the nearest Trek bike store because my husband (who was with me, I don't ride alone) had a recall on the petals for his bike.
The ride there was all on a trail (well, two different trails) and it was nice. We started by a small river and then came to another trail that was by the main river but with more open space and less urban. The Washington monument and Lincoln steps looked so beautiful from across the water.
By the time we got to the bike store I was far too hot but, happy to be inside. We waited for the bike to get fixed up and then decided to spend some time in the neighborhood. We got lunch and then walked around. When we got to hot again we hung out in a cafe for about 2 hours.
By then it was 6pm so even though the sun hadn't set it was cooler outside and the sun wasn't beating down on us anymore. We were riding home and my husband suggested a favorite pizza place to stop by on the way home. We got off the trail about half way and had some amazing pizza! We finished dinner and rode the rest of the way home just before and during sunset! It was beautiful.

I feel great after all the exercise, I'm not too tired at all because of the ebike. It also felt great to be out and absorb the beauty that is nature. I wish everyone could experience this. I feel like I've never lived in an area with better quality of life.

TL;DR I have an ebike, and I used it to safely ride around trails today while doing errands. I wish everyone could have the same where they lived.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 16:32:29 )

@KDA Drew: It's so true. There is something about riding a bike that makes you feel in the moment. And I don't know why that is? It's different than walking and very different from diving. Is it the speed? Lack of metal between you and the outside? Feeling the wind? I'm not sure. It's very nice.

My ebike is awesome. I'm glad they are becoming more commonplace. They are more expensive than a non-e commuter bike, but like duh. Maybe you could find a 2nd hand one. It's much easier to go from place to place and you sweat less. But I would say that you would need a good lock or two. You wouldn't want someone taking a nice bike like that.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.