Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I did it! - Applied to an online University - Part 1

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 17:29:18 )

I've been thinking about going back to school for a while. It's been 8 years since I was a full-time student. I got my AA degree and then did two years in England, but it wasn't enough for a BA.
I tried to go back in 2018 while also working and then I also was looking to buy a house then, and it was just too much to juggle. I quit after a year. (Plus my major wasn't right for me)

This time around I'm doing Business Admin Management. Which sounds like a boring degree, but it's what I've been doing in the real world. Various office worker type jobs and I always felt like maybe I should get the piece of paper from school, and maybe I should just use my experience to get a job.

Then I moved to DC and this region cares a lot more that you have a BA than CA does. I am motivated this time and I'm currently not working so I can focus on my studies! It is an accredited University and it's all online. I think online school at my own pace will be better for me this time around. I'm hoping that I can finish in one year after they apply my AA credits. If not I'll just aim to finish it when I do.

I applied for the Uni today and now I need to send the school my transcripts (which I already emailed my old school about) and also apply for the FAFSA. I don't think that I will get anything, but it will allow me to apply for scholarships.

July 12th Update: My old college got back to me today. I filled out the form for my transcripts. They said it could take 5 business days + 2 weeks. I hope not. I hope they will just send them electronically. I don't want to wait to find out how many classes will get accepted.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 17:54:58 )

Total this is great news! I'm so happy for you! Good luck, I know you're going to do awesome!
@Totalanimefan:

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 18:04:46 )

Ok FAFSA applied for. ^^ Now I'm just waiting on my old school to email me back.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 18:27:18 )

@sunny: Thank you so much! And I bet you this is going to be hard, but not harder than British Uni. That was hell lolol

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 21:34:49 )
Nice, nice. Good luck. :)

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 21:37:21 )

Awesome, good luck!

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 21:46:31 )

@Totalanimefan: lol I know right?? XD it will be tough, especially since you've had a long break from school, but I'm sure you'll do great. You got this!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 22:06:56 )

@Shark: Thank you <3 I did all I can do for today so I thought that I would start some online studying now. It's at your own pace instead of taking the time to go to school the same days of the week. You do one class at a time and then when you are finished you move into the next one. I'm thinking if I study a little bit now it might help. I have the time since I'm not working at the moment.

@CooperationIsKey: Thank you <3 Please see above lol. I'm actually going to FL in Sept to see my family so I hope I will be able to find the time to study, but I think I will. And I could always study on the 2 hour flight down to Orlando.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 22:08:20 )

@sunny: Thanks! Yeah I left British Uni in May 2013. I was so done with learning. It was a lot on my brain and that year of school was hard for me for outside reasons. This one is 100% online so I don't have to worry about traveling somewhere or being at a class a certain time. I think that will be nice. See the post above for more details lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 22:15:45 )

Good luck total!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 23:02:25 )

@vengeance: Thank you <3 Although this means I won't have as much time for Voltra. That part does make me sad lol

Donator — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 23:25:36 )
Congrats and good luck! I'm proud of ya
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/9 02:49:56 )
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Good luck! :D
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/9 04:17:12 )

@Glume: thanks. That means a lot to me.
@KittyBeary: thank you! I might need it lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/9 12:37:56 )
@Totalanimefan: Congrats and good luck, Total. I'm sure you'll do well :3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/9 16:42:54 )

@Wildfire: Thank you so much. I feel a little ashamed that I didn't already have it, but there was too much going on in my life my last year of college and I was too poor anyway. Then I got married, and then I moved to CA and there was just never any time or money before now. And it's never too late to start something again. I'm going to tell my family that I am going back to school once I'm signed up for classes. I'm waiting on those transcripts still.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/9 17:05:15 )
@Totalanimefan: There's zero reason to feel any shame about not already having a degree - a lot of people don't. And life happens. You are probably much more ready for the classes etc. now than you were a few years ago and you have a better real understanding of what the degree, the classes, the experiences, etc., all really mean and why you're doing it. You'll be great. :3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/9 18:21:22 )

@Wildfire: Thanks. ^^
True. It's a business degree and I've worked in a lot of workplaces over the last 10 years. It will help me with this degree :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/9 18:43:17 )
@Totalanimefan: And you know it's what you want to do, right? So you'll be skipping over that "I'm not 100% sure, but I'll pick X" thing...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/9 19:03:10 )

@Wildfire: Yes I do know what I want to do. My last full time job was as a Contracts Admin. I would like to do that again. I've been applying for jobs and getting the interviews, but I think the lack of a BA is holding me back. ^^;

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.