Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Heaven is Empty

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 02:32:50 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Ash stood over his foe, glaring down at the man, an eerie silence overcoming the meadow that had previously been their battleground. He was covered in cuts and wounds that seemed to glow an almost ethereal gold... but it looked almost like tarnished gold. His black and red hair was a mess, and his hands were covered in black flames that seemed to coat his fists with an unnatural darkness. He narrowed his eyes somewhat, before gritting his teeth and looking unimpressed.

What was he unimpressed with? The seeming attitude of his defeated enemy.

The man was burned. Severely. He had grievous injuries all over him, burns that looked like they'd never heal, and darkness creeping all over him. The blade he'd been using, the one that had caused so many wounds on Ash, lay broken into pieces off to the side, and the halo that had been atop his head was now cracked and shattered, slowly crumbling away now. Yet he looked back up at Ash, a cocky smirk on his face, and painful chuckles emitting from his throat.

"What's so damned funny!?" Ash demanded.

"You... you pawns would never understand." the man spat back. "You don't care. You're happy to be under someone's thumb. Doesn't matter who." he said further. "But it doesn't matter. Change will come. And you'll be forced to accept that fact that SHE is pointless and useless!" he declared.

"JUST GO TO HELL, ALREADY!" Ash yelled angrily in response, as he coated his right hand in all his darkness and flames, and slammed it as hard as he could into the man's chest. As soon as he did so, the man choked in pain and agony... before starting to laugh, almost maniacally. His body seemed to turn into an inky black and dark purple substance, as the halo crumbled small particles, turning into a small yellow crystal, and the puddle seeped into the ground, leaving nary a trace. That's what happened when a Fallen Angel was defeated and killed; they went to Hell and became a Demon.

Ash then sighed heavily, picked the crystal up, and turned towards a nearby tree at the edge of the meadow. He walked towards it, as a strange swirling portal appeared on it, which he just strolled through, the portal closing behind him. He found himself in a room that looked almost like a reception area, but there were no other doors that led anywhere else. There were some chairs about, what looked like a large monitor with a black screen on the far wall with a female elf-like figure staring at it, and what looked like a mail tube that shot upwards into the ceiling of the room. He looked at the crystal in his hand, before starting to walk towards the tube, though there was a bit of a hobble to his step.

"Damn it." he muttered to himself.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 02:40:04 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
She looked over to him, her green eyes bright, as was expected. She was a wood elf, and green eyes were part of that equation.

"... you ok?" She asked, concern in her vboice as she made her way over.

"You really look like you got the short end of a deal."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 03:15:29 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash looked over towards her, and was about to say something, before pausing.

"I... well... I don't know." he finally said. "I shouldn't have had that much of an issue with that Fallen, but as you can see, he really did a number on me." he told her. "...still won, though." he added, showing her the crystal.

"But something was... wrong." he admitted. "I mean... the whole time I was fighting, and... for a little while, come to think of it... something's been... off." he told her further. "And I'm not sure WHAT." he said further. "I just feel like something is... wrong. Like something is off-balance or some crap. And for the life of me, I can't put my finger on it." he continued.

"...and how he was at the end bothered me." he then revealed.

"Whenever I dispatch a Fallen, they either beg for forgiveness, even though they don't mean it, or they act angry. Like they're being dealt a shit hand, and they hate everything. Which... well, they usually DO." he mumbled.

"But this guy just... laughed. He acted like this was some great victory, even though I sent him to Hell."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 03:24:54 )

"Maybe he was just one of the rare ones." She commented.

"Over the years I've been dealing with them as part of the Harmony, I've encounter a few rare specimens where they were happy to be killed, as they know what Hell will do to them." She continued.

"Some get upgraded, after all. Hell, one of the liaisons between hell and Earth was a fallen before becoming a decently high level demon. Hell, she's an archdemon, if I recall correctly." She added with a shrug.

"However, the way you put it, it sounds like he was far cockier than usual."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 03:52:02 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Maybe I'm overthinking it?" Ash muttered, before shaking his head.

He then placed the crystal in the end of the tube, and it shot up through the ceiling. He watched it go, before sighing.

"So." he mumbled.

"Any word on our next assignments?" he asked. "I know we usually know a little in advance." he said.

He then looked at the monitor, and bit his lip slightly.

"...and I don't like how that looks dead."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 03:57:30 )

She shook her head.

"Nothing so far." She told him honestly.

"It's been awfully quiet for a few days now, I admit." She added as she made her way to one of the couches in the room and sat down.

"It's something that is.. rather concerning, I admit. Especially with what you mentioned, the whole sense of imbalance. I feel it too, and I wouldn't be surprised if the others are in the same boat."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 04:27:14 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash watched her go to the couch and sit, before scratching his chin a little.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"The fact that this doesn't seem to be a 'me' thing is concerning." he admitted.

"What the heck is happening?" he wondered, making his way to the monitor and staring at it for a few seconds, hoping it would come alive with a message from Emelie.

But it didn't.

He then sighed heavily, and walked back over towards the woman.

"I don't like this." he said. "He seems FAR too victorious for this to be coincidence." he told her. "But I really hope I'm making this out to be more than it is."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 04:32:34 )

"Agreed." She told him.

"I really hope that this is purely. ...just her taking an unexpected break. It's happened before." She commented.

"However, I get the feeling it isn't. I hope I'm just being paranoid." She paused here, sighing, heavily.

"And I really am hoping this doesn't turn into dark ages version 2."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 04:52:36 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash's eyes widened a bit at the last statement.

"Oh my." he said. "That would be a disaster, to say the least." he commented.

"But you're right, she HAS taken breaks before, and has just gone uncontactable for a bit." he admitted. "But... I dunno, for some reason I just have this feeling that there's metaphorical storm clouds a-brewin'." he told her.

He then sat down on the other end of the couch, and heaved a heavy breath.

"Bastard stole one of heaven's blades as well." he said. "I mean, when I defeated him and sent him to hell, the thing DID just turn into a regular-ass broken sword, but... he actually had a heavenly weapon on him."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 05:10:36 )

She paused, looking over to him.

"Yeah... that just means that either he was in Heaven, and managed to swipe it, stole it before he fell - maybe stealing it is what made him fall? - or perhaps is workjing with others who got their hands on it." She told him.

"And that, in and of itself, is concerning." She added before sighing.

".... might be worthwhile to contact the archangels. More specifically, Asriel." She added.

"She guards the vault after all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 05:30:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash paused for a moment, before nodding again.

"That's a good point." he said. "And a good ideas well." he told her.

He thought again, before nodding and looking at the ceiling, leaning back in the couch.

"I'll contact her in a few minutes." he continued. "Make my way up to their realm and seek her out." he went on. "But for now, I just want to relax and take a bit of a breather." he said further.

"Because man, he put up a heck of a fight." he said.

"Seriously, dude was fighting with PURPOSE."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 05:32:05 )

"That's alarming." She commented.

"They don't always, or even usually, put that much of a fight up." She added.

"If you're checking up, I'm going to start checking below. Maybe that demon I mentioned before will know anything." She added, sighing lightly as she got to her feet.

"Liaison and all... maybe. Hopefully. She might have information."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 05:52:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Sounds like a plan." Ash responded. "Hopefully she'll have some info." he said further, wondering who she was talking about. There were a few liaisons down in Hell, but very few were ArchDemons. He'd look into it later, but for now, there were more pressing issues at hand. Hopefully falsely pressing.

"Just be careful." he said.

"I know you're more than capable of taking care of yourself, and you've been down there many times, but... man, sometimes you come back with stories of barely making it back." he muttered.

"The demons down there... some of them... just don't seem to care about the balance." he said further, pausing again and thinking about it.

"...maybe they're former Fallen, and are still resentful..." he wondered aloud.

"Thoughts for later. For now, we should gather some info."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 05:54:16 )

"Oh, I know that she's not resentful." The elf assured him.

"She lives on the surface. So I don't have to be too careful." She added.

"One of the few in on the surface, that is."

"Anyway, Good luck talking to Asriel. Getting TO her might be a task, if Raphael or Michael are deciding to be ... asses."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 06:20:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Ash was silent again as she said that, before groaning.

"Uuuuuuuuuugh." he let out. "Yeah, that's fair." he said. "Sometimes they REALLY decide that they don't like us for... whatever reason." he remembered. "It's never come to blows though, thankfully." he went on.

"But thanks for the luck. I may need it." he finished.

Sure enough, about 7-8 minutes later, Ash found himself at the entrance to the Archangel's realm. It looked like an iron gate to one of those closed-off communities, and he knew that they'd all be alerted when he stepped through.

However, before he could step through, he noticed that there was one of the archangels, Raphael, close by, on the other side, glaring at him, though he couldn't rightly tell which one it was immediately. As he had been warned before, it was probably Raphael or Michael. This caused Ash to just sigh heavily, and shake his head, before stepping through.

"Stop right there, Harmony!" Raphael barked, hastily making his way over towards Ash.

"Greeeeeat." he mumbled, as the archangel approached.

"Scram! This is not your territory!" he ordered Ash.

"I'm just looking for Asriel." Ash responded.

"I don't care! Get out!" Raphael ordered him again.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 06:23:50 )

"Hey, Raph!" A new voice called as they neared.

"He's lookin' for me. Piss off." The darker looking woman said as she appraoched.

"Go find your brother. You're the one who said you know his hiding places after all. He probably fucked off witht he sword for some dumbass reason." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 06:44:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Raphael just growled at her.

"..." he was silent before shooting a sharp look at Ash, and then storming off, seemingly in an impotent huff. Ash just remained silent as this transpired, before looking at the woman that had joined him.

"Hello Asriel." he greeted her.

"Also, sword? Brother?" he then asked.

"Is something happening up here?" he asked further.

As he did, the battle he'd had earlier came to his mind... and the wounds he'd sustained from it seemed to throb a little, since it was now at the front of his mind.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 06:46:45 )

"Michael's missing. Again." Asriel told Ash honestly.

"He's done this before, and will likely be found, but he took one of the swords with him after knocking me out." She added, motioning to her black eye.

"I hate how up here? we're basically human." She added with a sigh and a light shake of her head.

"Anyway, what brings you around? Not often Harmony people come here.... mostly because of Michael and Raph."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 07:06:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash looked at her black eye and winced a little.

"Oooh, that looks a little on the nasty side." he said.

"But, anyway, I had to come up here." he told her. "Michael and Raphael be damned... metaphorically, of course... I needed to see if I could find some information. he continued.

"I recently fought with a Fallen, and managed to send him to Hell. However, he really seemed like he was fighting with purpose and reason, and not just hatred and anger." he explained. "And... well... he had a sword. A heavenly blade." he continued, gesturing to his body, and the faintly glowing wounds that still covered it. "...as these prove." he went on.

"I managed to break it, and it downgraded to a regular sword... now scrap, probably... but it was strange that a Fallen had such a thing to begin with." he reasoned.

"I came up here to ask if you had any info about it." he finished, though his mind was already seeing the connections that could be made here.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 07:08:12 )

Asriel raised an eyebrow.

"..... really." She said before sighing.

"Could be that Michael fucked off with one, and it was stolen, he could have given it to them, or a multitude of other things." She continued before motioning for him to follow her.

"I'll at least tend to your wounds."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.