Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ~ Chasing Rainbows ~

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 06:05:30 )

Woo-hoo, quest thread time!

I'm a big fan of rainbows and colorful things, so to start out I'll be seeking out mostly rainbow items, but also commons in pretty much any nice bold color (I love having lots of options!).

Here we go!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 06:05:52 )

Hello, I'm Key! I'm 37 & my pronouns are he/she/they (I'm genderfluid). I'm a big ol' dork with too much time on my hands who mostly just wants to make people smile. I draw a little, game a little, and I love building websites even though I'm pretty terrible at it.

Sometimes I make videos for my YouTube channels—mostly fan stuff on the primary channel, and the secondary channel is my channel for my invertebrate hobby—I raise sea monkeys (brine shrimp) and isopods and hopefully more in the future (I really want bumblebee millipedes and a jumping spider)! I also am a plant parent, getting excited with each new leaf on my plants, lol, and I dabble in terrarium-building, scrapbooking, and collect a bunch of stuff (plushies, hedgehogs, rainbows, little vials with keepsakes inside, stationary...).

Feel free to ask me about my hobbies anytime; I love sharing them! :D

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 06:05:59 )

Specific items I'm currently after!

Crate Items

Rainbow Mesh (June '18 Crate)

Orb Items

Unique Frizzhawk (Common Orb Spring '19)

Unique Witch Hat (Common Orb Winter '19)

Knick-Knacks
n/a

Event Items
n/a

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 06:06:05 )

Stuff I have for trading!

(Nothing yet)

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 06:06:10 )

Received from kind Volties!
(In alphabetical order)

Berserker

Candies Glazing

Diamond Waistcoat

Gems of Wonder

Holiday Lights

Lucky St Paddy 2k18

Lucky St Paddy 2k19

Ombre Cherub Curls

Ombre Elegant Dress

Opal

Pride Cardigan 2k19

Pride 2k20

Pride 2k21

Surprise Party!

Swingin' 50s

Synthwave

Thirteen (x2)

Unique Bulky Knitted Scarf

Unique Curvy Legs

Unique Giant Pencil

Unique Long Sleeve Crop Top

Unique Oversized Mug

Unique PC Window Border

Unique Tights

Unique Thigh High Boots

Unique Unzipped Hoodie

Unique War Hawk

V-day 2k19 (x2)

Vibrant Floral Crown

Wonderland

Purchased or traded for~

(Nothing yet)

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 06:06:15 )

Awesome people who've donated to help me out! :D

LilMissKushy----------------------------Totalanimefan ----------------------------The Monster

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 06:08:22 )

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 07:19:20 )
@cooperationiskey: hi there welcome to voltra I sent u a couple of wee items 🌈 I have some isopods as a clean up crew for my giant African land snails .. I have dairy cow isopods .. also wanting a jumping spider I've joined some spider groups to get over my phobia is its my 2 year old daughter that wants the jumping spider 🤣 so I'm trying to build my courage up as they're really adorable but could I handle it jumping on me which is the question I keep asking myself XD

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 07:25:33 )
@cooperationiskey: hi there welcome to voltra I sent u a couple of wee items 🌈 I have some isopods as a clean up crew for my giant African land snails .. I have dairy cow isopods .. also wanting a jumping spider I've joined some spider groups to get over my phobia is its my 2 year old daughter that wants the jumping spider 🤣 so I'm trying to build my courage up as they're really adorable but could I handle it jumping on me which is the question I keep asking myself XD (OOPS SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 15:51:01 )

@CooperationIsKey: Let me know what you received and I'll see if I have any extras of the items you don't have yet.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 15:51:17 )

Oh also that art in your quest thread is really nice, did you draw it? ^^

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 21:18:49 )

@LilMissKushy:
Oh my gosh, thank you! You didn't want anything for these? o3o;

And oh man, I want Dairy Cows so bad, they're adorable. I have the same species--porcellio laevis--but I have normal ones, not any special morph. And yay jumping spiders! I know my isopods have actually helped me a fair bit with my fear of creepy-crawlies, to be honest. That and reminding myself that, at least here in the US, most spiders are harmless. XD Ooh, you have giant African land snails? Those dudes are like, super illegal here afaik. They're cool, though! I've only ever had an (aquatic) mystery snail.

fhjdsahfdjkls you added more to the trade while I wasn't looking omg

@Totalanimefan: I'll mark off what I got in a minute, and thank you! You guys are so kind. Let me know what/if you want for anything. :vanora_sweat:

And no, I didn't do the art, though omg isn't it awesome? I commissioned it from an artist friend of mine, Fioxis! They do the cutest stuff, and they were chill with all my details (all that rainbow lmao!). The resized version is a little sloppy looking but the full thing is on my profile if you want to see it. :3 It's my internet mascot, which is basically fictionalized me, albeit at a bit more ideal weight (I'm working towards it lmao), in one of my favorite outfits. :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 22:21:27 )

@CooperationIsKey: There is no rush. I'm about to go out for dinner tonight so I'll check the list after I get back.
It's super awesome! Really good piece! That's cool. There was a piece of art someone did for me on Solia way back in the day and it's my twitter icon and always will be lol
Losing weight is hard, but I know you can do it. Changing the way you view food and being more active and the keys to long term success. It's not about a 'diet' that you go on and go off of. It's about learning that everything in moderation. Sometimes it's ok to have a cookie, sometimes it's ok to have steak or fries. But it's about also having enough veggies and fruits, and being active too.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 22:42:43 )

@Totalanimefan:
I'm going to dinner tonight as well, lol, and will likely be out a bit later than usual for me, since we're not even getting there till around 7:30. But I'll update the list as soon as the trade's finished. :3

Thanks! I want to commission her again for a new piece of a different outfit but I also want to pay her a fair price and that adds up to a bit more than I can comfortably do at the moment, so I'm waiting and trying to save. (the whole mattress thing has not helped matters. :P ) I have another person I want to commission too but they've been MIA for a bit so I'm waiting to hear from them again before I bug 'em about it.

It is hard, and part of my problem is I have an unhealthy relationship with food; I think I might genuinely have like a food addiction? It's something I want to work with a therapist on, and I'm trying to get in with a new therapist currently since I haven't seen one since the last time I moved and that's been... a few years now. >_>;;; Also I gotta find my "Silver Sneakers" card because I misplaced it (I'm not that old but I have it because I have Medicaid) because I can go to the Y for free with it, and that's only about a half mile away from me. Maybe I can start a habit of swimming regularly or something. I like swimming and I could definitely do to strengthen my skill.

I was doing really good before I moved to my current location; I lived with my dad for around six months and was walking a ton because he lives in this cute little touristy town, and I lost a ton of weight then (also his cooking was a lot healthier than what my roommate tends to push on me). Unfortunately this neighborhood isn't as nice to walk around in and my bad habits have made a rebound, as have my waistline. I'm determined to get back down at least to where I was; I loved being a size ten, and I was so proud (I've always been on the bigger side so 10 was downright slim to me!).

So I'll get there; I've done it before so I know I can! :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 04:26:29 )

@CooperationIsKey: no rush for the updates. I’m ok Voltra daily.

I know what you mean about the weight stuff. When I moved to England for school I would walk everywhere and I could pretty much eat whatever I wanted lol
Then I moved back to the US and I tried to get the walks in but it wasn’t the same. Then I moved to CA which is even more unwalkable and I started learning how to bake and I gained like 10 lbs in 2-3 months. Which make not sound like a lot but I’m only 5’2. I stopped baking (but still having small sweets from time to time like dark chocolate) and with that plus at home workouts from YouTube I lost the weight and then some. During the beginning of the pandemic obviously I wasn’t as active and a lost a ton of muscle mass and replaced it with fat. I still feel like I’m not as strong as I used to be but at least since the end of this winter I have been walking a lot. Last fall a bought a bike and I was riding it a lot. I did ride it a bit in the spring too.
I think a size 10 is great. Good luck on your journey and good luck finding a good therapist for you. I know you can do it ^^

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 07:26:01 )
@cooperationiskey: your very welcome and no I don't want anything for them just a wee welcome gift .. yes dairy cows are cute and they helped me with creepy crawly things as well .. I seen little baby ones the other day running about my tanks so cute .. yeah it's quite sad u guys aren't allowed them I'm in groups and it's sad to see so many Americans wanting to move just so they can have them lol it's fascinating to see how different people's garden snails are from all over the world .. snails are my hobby therapeutic to watch xD
I wanted mystery snails they're the big apple ones aren't they? We aren't allowed those in the uk :( don't get it though cus land snails are invasive as well and they aren't banned.. yes I did cus I remembered those things were rainbow as well xD enjoy 💙

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/20 01:31:19 )

@Totalanimefan:
Oh I'm terrible when it comes to carbs, and I love to bake. It's so hard to have willpower against it!

I wish I could balance on a bike. I've tried to ride a few times as an adult, most recently in Key West with my mom, but it was sooo hard to balance on it (I have pretty crappy balance even on my own two feet) that I was exhausted very quickly. I guess I need to practice, but bikes are so expensive. I guess I can "bike" on the stationary ones at the Y, though, lol.

Honestly I was pretty happy with size 10, yeah. If I could get back to that I'd be happy. :) And thank you! It only took six months' real effort to lose it the last time, so I know I can do it if I really try.

Also, since you asked specifically, I received Surprise Party!, Unique Long Sleeve Crop Top, Unique Curvy Legs, Unique Giant Pencil, and Opal. I updated my list, too. :)

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/20 01:37:32 )

@LilMissKushy:
P. Laevis (which Dairy Cows are) are super prolific in my experience, or at least I'm doing something right because mine certainly are! I love seeing the babies.

Yeah, I've seen other people sad about not being able to have giant snails too. They're neat, though I'm not sure I personally would choose them, lol.

Yeah, at least I think she was a mystery snail, she was a big yellow freshwater snail. I don't remember exactly what happened to her, but I think maybe my betta ultimately killed her. That's weird that those are banned in the UK even though the land snails aren't, but vice versa here. Laws are a funny thing.

Well thank you again! I'm excited. :3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/20 01:42:31 )

@CooperationIsKey: I just love baked goods so much. They are my weakness for sure!
Oh I didn't know that, I guess you could just ride the ones at the Y like you said. What equipment do you like to use at the gym?
You can totally do it ^^
Thanks. I'll take a look and see what you still need.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/20 01:50:07 )

@Totalanimefan:
Me too! Doesn't help that they're also fun to make, lol.

Uh, honestly I've mostly only really used the treadmill, lol. I'm extremely self-conscious about exercising around people and usually the other equipment cardio-type equipment is taken by older people already anyway lol. Hopefully as I get back into better shape I can find the nerve to branch out more.

And oh gosh, thank you so much! You don't want anything for these? ^^;

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.