Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Aye, I'm new here!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:08:54 )
Hello! I'm Freya, I started out on Gaia when I was much younger thus I've recently gotten nostalgic and re-registered there and discovered this site. It took me a little tiny bit to get used to the avi's but as soon as I started customizing I found it to be really enjoyable. I tend to be a lurker everywhere I go due to generalized anxiety but feel free to message me or friend me as you wish, I can't say I'll respond fast but I'm trying to be more sociable! My hobbies include coding (more-so learning coding), reading (books and manga), watching movies and tv as well as poor attempts at carpentry.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:14:09 )
@freyfrost: Hey there, welcome to Voltra! That's okay, I'm also tend to lurk on forums as well and also trying to be a bit sociable. Hope you enjoy your time on Voltra btw ^^

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:14:52 )
hey welcome! ^^

ooh coding is cool! I tried doing that and stopped after a week. xD little too much for me.

what kinda books do you like?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:21:39 )
@Freyfrost: Hope you enjoy your time here on Voltra :)
Don't see too many people into carpentry tbh that's really cool! It's so fun to work with your hands and fresh cut wood smells amazing lol; What do you like to build?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:25:32 )
@ChiffonOrange: Thank you! I'm excited to be here, it's a little less intimidating being on a website that's new to me tbh.

@Shark: I really love science fiction but even though I'm nearly 30 I still enjoy YA fiction, l'm trying to get into non-fiction but it just doesn't grab me like my fantastical stories lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:29:25 )
@freyfrost: You're welcome ^^ I see, the people on this site are welcoming and friendly to new and old users so no need to worry. :vanora_smile:

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:33:38 )
@McMoney: I've done a couple of tables and a bookshelf so far, I've just started using a router to do some fancy edges but I haven't done anything tongue and groove yet so that's my next goal.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:33:58 )

@Freyfrost: Welcome to Voltra! I'm another former Gaian, I joined there around '06 lol. I've really enjoyed Voltra since I joined last year. I always wanted to try carpentry, what type of projects do you work on?

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:47:07 )
@Freyfrost: oh same here! most of my favorites are YA. o:

I haven't read any non-fiction in a while, but I like stuff like Malcolm Gladwell.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:54:07 )

Welcome to Voltra! :)

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Admin — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 04:40:54 )
@Freyfrost: Welcome to Voltra!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 04:53:46 )
@Lilykin: I left Gaia around '07 or '08, I remember the vampires vs humans being the big thing at the time.

@Shark: Have you ever read Cirque du freak by Darren Shan? I think it's my favorite YA series. I looked at his Wikipedia page and Outliers sounds like a really good read, growing up very poor and chronically homeless but still having friends with very rich parents I've always wondered how a persons background sets them up for success in this world.

@Ark: Thanks!

@KDA Drew: That sounds awesome! Hopefully I'll have some cash to spare soon for premium orbs/crates.

@Vozzy: Thank you for the warm welcome!

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 05:43:22 )
@Freyfrost: I've not, what's it about? oh god, 12 books? I haven't read something that long since Pretty Little Liars.

Yeah all his books are easy to read and are super interesting. :3

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 06:53:59 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
"poor attempts at carpentry"
me my sophomore year of highschool lmao.
welcome to voltra! i like your avis style so far :o

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

Please ping me!

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 07:17:26 )
@Freyfrost: Hello there and welcome aboard!
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 15:52:29 )
@Shark: It's about a boy who goes to see a freak show and ends up stealing one of the performers trained spider, things happen and he finds out this performer is a vampire and because he stole the spider he has to leave his old life and sign on as his assistant and travel with the show. That's just the rough plot of the first book, it quickly increases the scale of the story and is one of the more interesting portrayals of vampires in books that I've seen for awhile. It's really good and pretty heavy at parts for a YA novel series. It even had a manga adaption but I don't know how many books it covers.

@milkshake: Thank you! I never got to do a high school wood shop class so I think that's what drew me to carpentry

@Fielkun: Thanks!

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 18:31:30 )
@Freyfrost: Hello and welcome to this site! Lurkkng is okay though
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 19:34:16 )

@Freyfrost: Hey welcome to Voltra! We are happy to have you. It's look if you lurk. Just know that this community is pretty kind and welcoming.
What languages do you code in? I tried to learn some languages but I feel like my brain isn't really wired well for it. My husband is a software engineer and he works mostly with Python.

Oh manga, what manga are you reading right now? ^^

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 22:43:24 )
@Miss Sandman: Thanks! I probably will lol, this is the most I've posted on the internet in a long time.

@Totalanimefan: I'm just starting out doing some web development, I have a friend who just started their own business and he wants me to build his website. I've got a pretty good handle on HTML and CSS, though I know they're not really programming languages. I'm learning java right now so I can add more functionality and then I can learn react to make it prettier. As for manga I'm actually reading the cirque du freak adaptation right now, I'm really enjoying it but before that I was reading ju jutsu kaisen and Ajin: Demi-Human. What about you?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 22:52:33 )

@Freyfrost: That's cool. How long have you been learning HTML and CSS? I heard Java is important and so is javascript for websites. Are you taking a class or learning online?

I haven't heard of that one. I'm reading One Piece, Detective Conan and I recently finished Fruits Basket. I don't read as much manga as I used to. I watch more anime now. I heard the JuJutsu Kaisen was good but it seems a little dark? Is that true?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.