Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Born to Die

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 05:02:37 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Mackenzie was silent for a moment.

"I may not have power, but the language I speak, and you ... kind of know, does." She started

"I can help you just... forget all I dumped on you?" She asked, her voice curious. "If you'd prefer. If not, that's fair and fine, just.. the option is there."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 05:22:52 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Levi scratched the back of his head a little, before shaking his head.

"...no." he said.

"No, I want to make sure I spend as much time with Ally as possible, and... just be with her." he told her.

"Not to be morbid or a nay-sayer, but... I'd like some time with her should this go belly-up." he reasoned. "And not be thinking 'wish I hadn't spent more time at the office'... if that makes sense." he went on.

"Besides, even if you DID make me forget, after this brief reprieve, they'll probably go on about it." he told her.

"Better I retain than relearn."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 05:28:13 )

Mackenzie was silent for a moment before laughing.

"very true. Chances are that now that I'm in the damned building, they'll.... be vocal. If it gets to the point you can't deal with it, let me know. Just... keep in mind I can't shut them up too terribly much. It will cause problems for you mentally if you come to rely on it, or if it's too frequent." She told him.

"But I could probably scare them into submission too. For a little bit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 05:50:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The last statement seemed to unnerve him for a bit, but he cleared his throat in response.

"I'll remember that." he said.

"For now, I'll enjoy what you've given me for the time being." he told her.

"Also... I know not to rely too heavily on gifts from The Elders." he continued. "Even with the best intentions, the mortal mind cannot handle them. Even one like mine, that is exposed to them." he reasoned.

"...and to say I'm exposed to them is... only technically true." he went on.

"From what I know, I can fathom, like, a fraction of a fraction of an exponent of a decimal point of a-" he started to say, before pausing. "Well... you get my point."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 05:52:07 )

"that I do." Mackenzie agreed with a nod.

"Anyway... we cool?" She asked.

"Or you gonna flee in terror anytime I turn a corner?" followed with a chuckle.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 06:16:50 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"No, no, we're good." Levi assured her.

"I think I'm going to mention to agent Sharp about my time off now." he told her further.

"I assume he'll believe me seeing as... you're involved?" he asked.

"Yep." Mackenzie responded.

"Cool, thanks." Levi said.

"I'll... uh... I guess I'll see you later." he then said further.

"Thanks again for the moment of peace I have right now."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 06:19:01 )

"He should believe you, at least." Mackenzie commented, thinking about it.

"can't deny the slim chance he won't. However, if you tell him I told them to shut up for a bit and I think you'll have 24-48 hours of silence, you should be good." She added.

"Also, you're quite welcome. Tis the least I could do, since I know it's my fault that they're so loud at the moment. Or at least were."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 06:39:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Fault is a strange thing." Levi responded.

"Yes, you caused it, but... well... I'm not sure I'd 'fault' you for it." he told her. "...but not I'm talking in semantics and being pedantic." he commented. "Comes with the territory when words are what you deal with, and you need to make sure things are worded JUST right for public consumption." he reasoned with a small shrug.

"Anyway, yeah, I'll leave you be, now." he continued, making his way to the door.

"And I have to say, now that I know your real deal, it's refreshing." he commented.

"Hearing them shut up because you told them to is... satisfying."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 06:42:10 )

Mackenzie just laughed.

"Someone's gotta do it." She commented, referring to his wordsmithing.

"And yeah. I love how they largely listen to me, because if they don't... that's problematic." She continued. "As far as they know, I could just give the planet to the other side, and they aren't too interested in that."

"Now, get going. I'm sure I'll see you around."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 07:02:34 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Levi chuckled.

"See ya." he told her, before leaving.

He closed the door behind him and paused for a moment, taking a small breath and making his way to Sharp's office. Once there, they had a brief conversation, and he made his way back to the media relations department, where he walked over towards Ally and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey." he said when she turned around.

"Wanna... go out for dinner tonight or something?" he asked.

"Somewhere fancy and nice?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 07:04:21 )

Ally was silent before just holding a finger up. She saved what she was working on, paused the music she had going and pushed the headset she had down off her ears and head before turning to face Levi.

"Dinner?" She asked.

"I'm stuck here til about 7, but I'm game for after that, sure. Find a place and we'll just... go from there?" She asked, not sure what was bringing this on, nor what to expect.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 07:29:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Levi smiled when she said that.

"Cool." he said.

"THEY started to act up again, bad." he told her. "However, they quieted down a LOT, but Sharp says I have the next 48 hours off." he explained, leaving more worrying details out.

"So I figured we could go out for dinner. Haven't done so in a bit." he reasoned.

"I'll find a place and try and make a reservation." he then told her, looking towards his computer.

"You feel like having anything specific?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 07:31:22 )

"Good for the break, and good that you have a break." Ally said with a light chuckle.

"As fro where.... not seafood. I think I've had enough for last for a bit." She added. "You couldn't get enough for a bit,a fter all." She added with a smirk.

"So yeah, somewhere that even if you're getting fish, I can get something else, and I think I'll be good."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 07:55:52 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Eh-heh, fair." Levi replied, scratching the back of his head.

"I'm going to make sure the work I was doing is saved and such, and then browse for a place to eat." he told her, before going to his station, and Ally went back to the work she was doing.

About an hour later, in the medical bay, Angela had just finished up a report, when she felt Zeke's mana in the corner of her office. When she looked over towards him to greet him, she saw that his shoulder was red. And wet.

"Hey." he said.

"Mind looking at an injury?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 07:59:14 )

Angela paused a moment, but only a moment, before sighing.

"Apparently you were too cocky this time." She commented as she got to her feet.

"I told you to be careful. Those things are a bit on the vicious side." She added as she grabbed a medkit she kept in her office.

"Come sit. I should be able to do ithere."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 08:20:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke shook his head and sat down as she ordered him do.

"I wasn't being cocky this time!" he insisted. "I had it under control!" he told her.

"Up until I didn't..." he mumbled.

"At least I completed the assignment." he then said further.

"I... just... am losing feeling to a lot of things." he admitted, laughing nervously.

"If I were a straight human, I'd be in baaaaad shape right now."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 11:46:10 )

Angela didn't say anything before laughing lightly.

"Yeahhh their toxin is pretty nasty." She commented as he felt her mana coming from her hands while she started to clean and dress the wound.

"You'll likely be numb for awhile, but hopefully I can counter the overall sense effect." She added. "And quickly. because I'd say you're outta commission for a bit if I can't."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 21:54:48 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke groaned a little, but nodded slowly, so as not to move his shoulder any.

"Yeah." he said. "I mean, if I can't move my arm that well for a bit, whatever. I've had worse than that." he commented. "But getting my archangel and mage things back would be optimal." he told her.

"Means I won't be completely useless." he sighed.

"But hey, this COULD have been a lot worse." he then said. "It almost hit me in the chest, but I managed to deflect it with my sword, and it... well, travelled to my shoulder, instead." he explained.

"At that point, I... well... I realised I had to do a Hail Mary play, and... thankfully, it worked." he finished.

"...anyway, how are you?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 21:59:09 )

"Happy you didn't end up dead." Angela admitted bluntly.

"I know you're good, but you aren't impervious to damage." She added.

"this might hurt." She then said before dumping a little bit of something on his shoulder, on the wound. It sizzled with contact, and she knew it was possible that it would hurt. However, she also knew that the toxin could have completely numbed him to it. If he was numb to it, completely, that likely wouldn't last long though, as the mix was meant to clear out the toxins.

"Your shoulder will likely be useless for at leasta c ouple of days."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/16 22:23:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

She saw Zeke grit his teeth hard, and he sounded like he wanted to scream. But he didn't. All that came out was a decently loud growl and groan of pain, that lasted for about 5 seconds, before he exhaled slowly.

"...I've been more careful as of late." he told her. "I just slipped up." he said.

He then paused, and smirked.

"Or perhaps I just wanted an excuse to see the pretty doctor." he added, referring to the circumstances on how they came to know each other when she started working there.

"MAN did I ever come here beat up at times." he recalled.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.