Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Born to Die

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 03:24:09 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Mackenzie looked over to Nate, pausing as she saw what he did. After a second, she just stepped up to him and leaned in close, bring her lips to his ear, then she spoke. He had no idea what it was that she said, but it seemed to almost 'turn off' his ability for the moment, but he could almost see the counter in the corner of his vision.

It would only last a minute, long enough for him to get his bearings, before she stepped back.

"Better?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 03:46:06 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Nate shook his head a little, before looking at her.

"Y-yeah." he said.

"A LOT better." he told her.

"Thanks." he continued, before pausing.

"I... I should go." he then said.

"Odds are I need you to be out of my line of sight before this... 'counter'... ends."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 03:48:14 )

"That... I'm not entirely sure. If you can brace yourself and not be caught off guard, since you know what is coming... You might be all right." Mackenzie told him honestly.

"However, you know your body, and ability, better than I do. If you think it's best to stay clear of each other for now, or forever, then I will do as you wish." She added.

"I do apologise for overwhelming you like that, though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 04:09:59 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"No, no, it's fine." Nate assured her.

"We didn't know this was coming." he said.

"I'll try to build up a tolerance and be able to brace myself, but it looks like you're injured." he then commented, noticing the blood.

"..." he was then silent, before thinking about it.

"Alicja, if you want help, I think I'll be okay around this woman now." he told Alicja.

"My mind's already starting to put up barriers and such, if that makes sense."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 04:11:58 )

Alicja nodded.

"Makes complete sense." She told him.

"Much like how you did when you first met Rebecca." She added. "and me, but for a different reason."

"So long as you'll be all right." Mackenzie commented simply.

"I'm reasonably confident that... Alicja, was it? Will be perfectly capable of taking care of my shoulder." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 04:32:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Having an extra pair of hands on deck is always useful." Nate responded.

"And I have some free time." he then said.

"Unless James is here." he added.

"He's out running an errand." Alicja told him.

"Then I'm free until he gets back." Nate responded.

"I need to ask him a question about the latest shipment we got in."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 04:34:05 )

"I need to ask you questions later, as well." ALicja commented.

"About what happened with him, I'm guessing." Mackenzie started.

"If I'm right, let's just say that... I have a very strong aura." was all she said as they headed off toward a room for treatment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 05:25:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

As the three of them walked, Nate sighed.

"That's one way to put it." he said.

"I'd state it another way, but... I don't want anyone around to panic." he whispered to Alicja.

"Let's just say her aura is... as familiar as it is unfathomable." he told her further. "And she just helped tone it down a little, in terms of how I perceive it." he added.

He wondered if she'd know what he meant. If she did, then that was all the better. If not, she'd talk to him privately later.

But this woman had an extremely similar aura to Rebecca and Levi.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 05:29:38 )

"..... Huh." was all Alicja said, and he could tell that it wasn't a question. It was literally just a 'huh, well, all right then. That's a thing' kind of 'huh'.

"Familiar, huh?" Mackenzie asked, her voice curious.

"I admit, that was unexpected." She added after a few seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 05:50:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Nate paused for a moment, and shook his head.

"This place is... unique." he said.

"We have all kinds here." he told her.

---

Levi just sighed as he sat at the end of the table, drinking some of the smoothie he had.

"....damn it." he mumbled.

"They're noisy today." he muttered further, taking a bit of his pizza.

"Maybe I should take the day off..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 05:55:48 )

He was debating whether or not to take the day off due to his connections, when he noticed that they were getting louder, and most certainly more agressive. Not in a fighting way though, more in a contact way.

It was almost nonsense to him though.

He could lamost understand them, and could definitely pick up on things that WERE being said, but he didn't get enough of a picture for any sort of understanding.

Meanwhile, Mackenzie was making her way through the room, weaving around the people, and making her way to get some food. She hadn't had much since getting there, but that was largely because she didn't have much of an appetite. ... however, her body was screaming at her for some food by this point.

As she walked past Levi, she paused and backed up a step, turning to face him. She heard ... something.

Something called out to her, and echoed within his skull with such voracity that he couldn't think straight for a fraction of a second.

"You okay?" She asked, concern in her voice

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 06:19:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Levi didn't answer her. Not in a verbal way anyway. Not right away. Instead, she saw him grasp at the sides of his head, practically having a death grip on his hair, and hang his head a bit low.

"...I..." he stammered.

"Sorry... headache. Massive. Screaming headache." he told her, and she could hear the pain and tears in his voice.

"...ngh..." he mumbled.

"You... you should... probably get away." he then told her. "When I start to get headaches THIS bad... it's not a fun time for anyone." he warned her further... and she then swore she heard him mumble something else.

Something in a language that only SHE understood. It was... mostly nonsense, but she understood it. Thankfully, it seemed nobody else had heard him, and she could see him almost shaking slightly now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 06:24:35 )

Mackenzie was silent for a moment before stepping up to him and bending over so that her face was by his ear. She quickly, and quietly, said something that his brain couldn't properly process, but he knew what it was. It's was a case of 'I don't know the lingo, but I get the gist', if one was being liberal.

"Better?" She asked as she straightened up again, her voice curious, and actually a bit concerned for him.

"If yes, then you'll likely have peace for ... ehhh, between 24 and 48 hours, I think.'

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 06:49:40 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Levi was... stunned. To say the least. He paused for a moment, almost like he was listening for something... and then looked at her.

"They... they shut up." he said.

"They... actually shut up." he restated.

"Oh my good lord, THANK YOU." he then told her.

"They were screaming so loudly at me." he continued, and she saw the tear streaks down his cheeks.

"I felt like I was going to pass out."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 06:52:24 )

Mackenzie just smiled, softly, kindly.

"Good." She said.

"It's not something that I can do often, at risk for your own mental wellbeing, but... I could grant you this peace at least. Go do something you want to, take this chance. As I said, 24 to 48 hours of silence, make the best o fit." She added before turning to head off, not expecting anything from him. He thanked her, that was enough.

Especially since she realised it was because she neared him that they were so loud. She was ignoring them... so they probably used the next best thing. Which turned out to be a conduit.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 07:13:42 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Ah..." Levi started to say, before pausing.

"Wait, please." he said.

"Can we have a chat?" he asked her.

"Whether it be right now, or later?" he asked further.

"I... I have some questions for you, if that's okay." he told her.

"A few. Well... more than a few..." he then admitted.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 07:17:37 )

Mackenzie just chuckled lightly before looking back over to him.

"E28" She told him with a smirk.

"That's where you'll find me. For now, I need food!" With that, she turned and headed off. She was reasonably certain he'd end up showing up down there at some point, and since she realised the flavour the questions would have... she didn't think having that chat in such a public place was a good idea.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 07:41:15 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"All right!" Levi called back.

Mackenzie had gotten her food, eaten it, left the cafeteria, and had returned to her dorm, where she had been waiting for about half an hour, before she heard a knock on the door.

"Hello?" Levi's voice called through.

She just chuckled and made her way over, opening the door.

"Come in." she said, which Levi did.

"Hey again." he greeted her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 07:44:41 )

"Hello." Mackenzie said with a light chuckle as she closed the door.

"Did not take you long at all." She added. "I admit, I think I'm a little surprised."

"Have you spoken to your boss about time off?" She asked, her voice curious as they made their way to somewhere to sit.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/15 08:04:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Levi shook his head.

"No. Not yet." he said.

"I was going to after this." he told her.

"...mostly because I was too distracted. Like, I want to ask my questions and talk to you, and THEN speak to Agent Sharp about that time off." he explained to her. "If... that makes sense." he said.

"That, and I heard that he is SUPER busy right now, and probably a little stressed, so... I want to make lessen the chances I come see him at a bad time."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.