Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Pandora's Echo

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 22:16:31 )
Forgive, O Lord, my
my little jokes on thee...

Nicolas nodded and grabbed the satchels again, putting them back in the smaller compartment of the backpack and zipping it back up. He then rose to his feet and looked at Hazel and Ty.

"Thank you." he said to the former.

"Godspeed." Ty told the two.

"Indeed." Nicolas replied, looking to Pandora now.

"Let's go." he told her, as the two left the room, shutting the door behind them.

"...so." he said. "Guess it was fate that had us both show up here. Literally, most likely." he commented.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 22:19:07 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Very possibly." Hazel agreed after a moment or two.

"But... I don't know what to make of all this, if I'm being honest." she added. "And I don't know if I [b]want to try and make anything of this."[/b]

"This is a headache waiting to happen." She paused a moment before shrugging.

"The mana I've seen around you for the past few days is fainter. Or at least was fainter last I saw."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 22:55:35 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

"...hm." Ty mumbled.

"Explains why I still feel crap, but not like I'm ready to keel over and DIE." he said, before pausing.

"Wait..." he then said.

"Maybe the medical wing is doing better now!" he realised.

"Not 100%, or even on the road to recovery, but maybe things have slowed down there!"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 22:57:19 )

"That is very possible" Hazel agreed with a nod.

"If nothing else, there's a chance that the spread has been slowed down." She added after a few seconds.

"Same with the kitchen. However, I don't know what kind of good the presence of the box here will have." she continued.

"For all we know, it could have kicked it into high gear... but the fact that YOU are faring better, does make me a bit hopeful."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 23:18:16 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

"...the box being here will probably be worse in the long run." Ty admitted.

"However, its presence here seems to have kicked SOMETHING into gear, which is initially helping us." he said.

"So... I'll be grateful for that." he mumbled.

He then sighed, and shook his head.

"I still feel like I'll melt into a puddle of depression and self-pity without you here, though." he then admitted.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 23:20:19 )

Hazel just smiled.

"Don't worry, I'm not leaving." She assured him.

"You and Zeke are the two that I would do the most for, and you know that." She added. "Hell, I'd say you two are the only ones I'd let legit order me around, now."

"Although I am still blinded at the moment, so I'm stuck here anyway."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/11 23:42:59 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

Ty looked over towards her and reached a hand out, placing it atop one of hers.

"I'm grateful for you, and TO you." he said.

"You're a lifesaver." he told her.

"I am... well, let's just say that I'm glad you're in my life." he went on.

"Can't picture this place without you, and you add so much to my own existence." he continued.

"You're... a very special friend, Hazel."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 01:57:11 )

Hazel didn't say anything, honestly had no idea what it was that she was supposed to say there.

---

They reached the door into the lab before pausing.

"Ah, right." She started, turning her attention to the one she was with.

"I do not know how much you know of the different manas in the world, but... I know you will feel hers. Don't focus on it or anything, she's a little ... defensive, actually."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 02:18:11 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

Nicolas raised an eyebrow when she said that.

"....uh... all right?" he responded.

"I'd ask for an explanation, but I get the feeling that it'd be better to just experience it." he commented. "And we really shouldn't waste time with pointless talking." he went on.

"Excuse me!" he then called through the door.

"We require entry to this area!"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 02:20:36 )

Pandora just laughed before stepping up to the locking mechanism. She scanned the card she had, as she'd been down there helping out where she could, so her visitor's pass was allowed access, before opening the door.

"Come on." she said.

"Hey! Kiah!? Ilias!?" she called into the lab as she stepped inside, wondering if Nick would feel the mana that she was referring to, feel Kiah's curse.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 02:44:11 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

Nicolas followed, and as soon as he stepped into the 'territory' of the lab, he was instantly aware of what Pandora had been referring to. He paused for a moment, wincing, before continuing.

"Far more potent than that barrier." he commented.

Ilias then poked his head out from a nearby door, and the dark circles under his eyes showed that he was suffering from a lack of sleep... which was probably the least of his problems at the moment.

"...Jane?" he asked.

"What's going on?" he asked her, seeing Nicolas with her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 02:45:51 )

Pandora waved.

"Hey. Firstly, name's Pandora." She told him. "Secondly, need you and Kiah to help out with recreating a lock and key from the remaining parts. Probbal ybe easiest to recast them." She then said.

"Oh, and thirdly? This is Nicolas... let's jusrt say that he's an old friend of mine."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 03:04:53 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

Ilias was silent for a moment, and though his expression didn't change too much, the two could tell that his brain was overloading a little from that information. He then cleared his throat.

"One moment." he told her, before stepping back into the room and looking at Kiah.

"Seems Jane has a real name." he said. "Pandora." he revealed.

"Also, we need to apparently recreate a lock and key from broken/remaining parts." he went on.

"And she has a friend with her. Says he's an old friend. Named Nicolas." he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 03:07:38 )

Kiah was silent for a moment as Ilias said all he did.

"... Pandora." She repeated.

"And we have to create a lock and key." She continued before sighing.

"......... This... everything here makes sense now." As she spoke, she got to her feet.

"You'd think the Greek one would have figured it out." She added with a smirk, and a light jab at him. There was no way that anyone could have figured out what was going on, after all. She knew that, but that didn't mean she couldn't poke him from time to time.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 03:51:58 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

Ilias just groaned.

"To be fair, even us Greek-oriented mythical creatures don't even know it exists." he said.

"...though I am not in a VERY elite minority that DO..." he realised, thinking about that fact, before shaking his head.

"Regardless." he said, poking his head out and again and gesturing for the two to join him and Kiah, which the two of them quickly did.

"Greetings." Nicolas greeted them.

"I am designated as Prometheus, though I have just been reminded my real name is Nicolas." he introduced himself.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 03:56:07 )

"So you're Pandora." Kiah said to the woman in question.

"Yes, I am." She answered.

"Did not know it until Nick arrived." She added, motioning to the man that sh'ed brought down there. Kiah looked over to him.

"..... I get the distinct impression that the very world is in trouble." Kiah commented.

"So, how can we help?" She asked, her voice curious, albeit a little curt. She wasn't stupid, and it was not hard to tell that she realised that there was a time limit, even if she didn't know what it was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 04:21:49 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

"To make a VERY long story short, I was attacked by fallen angels while transporting myself and the box to a designated rotating safe point." Nicolas responded. "They opened the box, and now its influence is spreading out throughout the world." he continued. "The box, when opened again, exacerbates the evil and trouble and strife in the world, slowly becoming a portal that the Bringers can come through." he explained.

"...the Bringers?" Ilias asked, stunned.

"Yes." Nicolas confirmed. "As it stands, Misery and Famine are running amok on this world. And very shortly after, War will emerge, and countries will enter conflicts over food and medical resources." he went on. "Once that happens, Death will shortly emerge, and the apocalypse will be fully underway, with absolutely NO way to stop it." he informed them further.

"And if we lock the box back up?" Ilias then inquired.

"Everything will begin to reverse itself, the Bringers will be sent back to their home dimension, and most people's minds will not remember this, save for a few, but they'll be the type to rant and rave about doomsday prophecies and blah blah blah." Nicolas replied.

"Long story short, the lock to the box, as well as the key to the lock have been shattered. Fix them, and this world-ending scenario goes away." he summarised.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 04:26:04 )

"I assume you have molds and such for us to use." Kiah commented.

"Because I'm reasonably certain that an artefact of such a caliber would not be something that could be duplicated without some sor tof guide." She continued.

".... that would likely just speed up the end of the world in this case, if I were to guess." She added with a shrug.

"Anyway, yeah. Do you have a guide, mold, something for us to use? Ilias and I should be able to make any sort of lock and key for you, but we need to know anything and everything for specifics needed."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 04:47:31 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

"I do." Nicolas responded.

"I'm surprised the fallen angels didn't take them." Ilias commented.

"..." Nicolas was silent for a moment, before clearing his throat. "Ah... well, short answer is, they can't." he told them.

"Do we have time for a long answer?" Ilias inquired hesitantly.

"It'll all be explained when you GET the molds." Nicolas told them. "But it requires Pandora." he stated.

"That explains more than enough." Ilias then said. "At least, why they couldn't take them." he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 04:52:51 )

"Yeah, I am needed." Pandora agreed with a nod.

"I'm the one who can tell you HOW to do what you want to." She added.

"Nick here holds them, but doesn't have the information. Meanwhile I can't touch them, but I do get the information."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.