Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Pandora's Echo

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/9 08:26:04 )
Forgive, O Lord, my
my little jokes on thee...

"Thank you." Ty responded.

"Seriously. Thank you." he repeated.

"What I was going through was... miserable." he told her.

"I literally felt like I was wasting away, and nothing would satiate me." he said.

"It was... horrifying, to understate it." he muttered.

"Thankfully, I can... well... come back from it. Again and again and again."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/9 11:22:35 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Is that really such a good thing?" Hazel asked before sighing.

"... do you just want to sleep through this?" She then asked after a moment or two.

"If you do, you know I can grant it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/9 21:44:37 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

Ty paused as she said that.

"I..." he stammered.

"Hm." he muttered.

"I admit, that is a... VERY tempting offer." he said. "To be able to just... sleep." he went on. "Sleep and not feel the pain of wasting away." he continued, before pausing.

"Hold on." he then said.

"When you say 'sleep through this', is that meaning that when I come back I'll be awake, or still asleep?" he asked. "I don't want to trouble you with just... re-applying sleep every time I... er... 'wake up'." he reasoned.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/9 21:58:26 )

Hazel shrugged.

"That's the thing. I have no idea." She admitted.

"Your death might reset it, however, it would possibly slow down the withering away." She added honestly.

"I can't say for certain, however."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/9 22:14:41 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

"I'm willing to try." Ty responded.

"..." he was then silent, before sighing.

"But. A number of things." he told her.

"If a big decision needs to be made, don't feel you need to do it yourself. Wake me up, or kill me to reset the sleep if need be." he stressed.

"Yes, I'm withering. Yes, I'm in a bad state. Yes, I emotionally and mentally crumble if you're not around me. But damn it, I'm still in charge, and I refuse to be 100% useless." he declared.

THIS was the Ty she knew, and to see him be the way he was without her there was... heartbreaking, honestly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/9 22:21:15 )

Hazel was silent for a moment before smiling softly.

"Don't worry. I will do as needed. I am not one to take charge, and you know that." She told him.

"I will do as need be to have you deal with the important or crucial things. However, I will be fielding a lot of it myself to stop you from suffering so much." She continued as she got to her feet and made her way over. She closed the distance befween them, turned the chair he was sitting on to face her and holding a hand out.

"Come on. You need to get to the bed yourself, I can't move you. You know that." She commente.d "I'm stronger than I look, but you'd likely just be dead weight, and awkward."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/9 22:50:58 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

Ty merely nodded in response.

"...yes." he said.

He then took her hand, and rose to his feet, holding onto it as securely as he could, but she could feel the shaking.

The two then made their way to the bed, and he sat down on it... before he fell back into it.

"Comfy..." he mumbled.

"Does little to ease the pain..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/9 22:53:04 )

"I know." Hazel said with a sigh.

"You good?" She asked. After he nodded and confirmed it, she leaned over him, gave him a light kiss, and let her mana do the work. It didn't take long, either.

After he was out for the count, she sighed and just made her way to the door, locking it. She knew it wouldn't be a good idea for her to leave, he wasn't immune to nightmares or night terrors, and she really didn't want to risk them for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/9 23:15:33 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

No sooner had she locked the door, she heard something.

Something that was muffled, but she could clearly make it out. It was a song. A ringtone, coming from Ty's cell phone, which in his coat pocket, draped over one of the chairs in the office.

I'm the boss, I'm the boss,
I'm very very sorry for your loss!
I'm the boss, I'm the boss,
And just in case I didn't get my point across,
I'm the boss!

It chimed out from the device, and even though Hazel couldn't see it, she had a VERY specific idea who was calling. So, she picked up the phone and answered it.

"...Hazel?" Hal asked when he heard the voice.

"Where's Ty?" he asked further.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/9 23:18:13 )

"Sleeping." Hazel answered as she took a seat at the desk, as she was standing right there.

"..... not doing too well, either." She added with a sigh, a heavy sigh.

"Hal... shit's gotten real here, so to speak."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/9 23:38:07 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

Hal was silent on the other side for a moment, before sighing. Heavily, as well.

"Great." he said.

"I admit, I didn't expect things to be going marvelously there, given what Angela's told me, and given what I've been seeing out here with my own eyes, and hearing on the news." he said further. "However, the fact that you've stated that Ty's not doing too well, and that 'shit has gotten real' there, does NOT fill me with any more confidence." he went on.

"So. What's going on?" he asked.

"What is happening there, and what's happened to Ty?" he asked her further.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/9 23:42:11 )

Hazel paused a moment, debating how to word this.

"Well, firstly, we are almost completely out of food in here." She told him honestly.

"It's just... rotting away. Completely inedible." She added. "So most of us are going with little food, but thankfully there aren't THAT many people in the building at the moment overall." She paused a moment, thinking about it, and glancing over to Ty.

"... Tyson's also dealing with withering away within a day, I think. Even killing him doesn't eradicate that. It resets it, but then he withers away again."

"so... he's asleep at the moment, yes I put him to sleep, so that he's not suffering too terribly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/10 00:06:52 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

She could tell that Hal was stunned to hear this. Stunned to the point of a moment of silence.

"...so the famine's affecting supplies there." he said.

"That pretty much all but confirms there is SOMETHING more to this." he told her.

"Let alone Ty withering and starving to death on repeat." he went on, and she could hear and anger and concern in his tone. It was clear this was stressing him out, and rightfully so.

"Damn it, maybe I should return right now." he then said.

"Or get back there ASAP, anyway." he clarified.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/10 02:10:59 )

Hazel was silent for a moment.

"It's going on out there too?" She asked.

"I haven't really been keeping up on the news and whatnot, haven't really had much of a chance." She added.

"Do you think you'll be affected by anything so far?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/10 02:31:45 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

"Cattle herds worldwide are being decimated." Hal said.

"Depression and anxiety are running rampant, with cases cropping up everywhere, it's... the world's in a bad state." he told her.

"And I don't know if I will be." he then said.

"I'm not... really susceptible to most diseases, though I HAVE been taking extreme precautions to make sure I don't catch Ouroboros." he assured her. "And I haven't been feeling much different... though some of my old tendencies want to rear their heads again." he admitted, referring to the cruel trickster nature of a djinn.

"But I'm holding up." he said.

"What about you?" he asked. "You, personally." he clarified.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/10 02:36:10 )

Hazel was silent for a moment or two.

"I'm actually all right." She told him honestly. "Aside from the slight stress from everything going on, of course." She added.

"But... I'm all right. Mentally, physically... I"m all right. When I'm nearby Tyson, he's faring a lot better too." She added.

"I think it's my mana."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/10 02:58:10 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

"...which proves that this is completely unnatural." Hal responded.

"Not that nobody isn't already thinking that, but this pretty much confirms it." he said.

"If Ty's down for the count, does that mean YOU'RE taking up command?" he then asked her.

"Effectively." Hazel replied, before telling him of the arrangement Ty and her had made before she made him sleep.

"I see." Hal said.

"Do you want me to come back here and retake control?" he asked.

"Or do you think you'll be able to handle this?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/10 03:07:32 )

Hazel paused, not even considering that for a moment, considering it. Seriously considering the answer of the question, actually.

At least she was until the PC chimed, a notice for a message through the intenral chat.

"Oh, hold on a tic. There's a message from the medwing, probably relating to Lunet." She said with a light sigh as she cliced to open it.

"And since it's likely pertaining to her, and I know you've a vested interest... well.... I'm sure you can see where I'm going with tha.t" She added before starting to read the message. As she did so, she was silent, perhaps too quiet for Hal.

"..... Oh fuck." Was all she said, her voice quiet before shaking her head and returning to the phone call.

"No. Don't come back. that damned virus attacks mana, you're a being OF mana.... that really wouldn't go well at all." She told him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/10 03:39:20 )
Forgive, O Lord, my

"I'm aware." Hal responded.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Has something more happened?" he asked her further.

"The medical bay should be under quarantine, has something happened in regards to THAT?" he then asked even further.

All the while, he was getting... quite anxious.

It seemed something big had happened, and he wanted to know WHAT.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/10 03:46:55 )

"Angela just messaged.... well, Ty..." Hazel commented.

"Seems the virus is spreading down there now." she told him honestly.

"Message stated that there are now 6 people, basically everyone that was in there, down for the count. Angela's starting to feel quite horrible as well. The only one largely unaffected, it seems, may be zeke."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.