Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Feeling defeated

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 23:28:15 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

May or may not even respond if this even gets responses because *social anxiety* and might be too afraid to reply back.

Anyways i just feel defeated by life overall. I know others have it way worse.
But whenever we do zoom meetings with my mom i always leave more traumatized because her meds for pain just
are not helping her anymore so she's practically begging for it to stop, because covid, i can't see her or help her.
and idk how long i can keep doing these zoom meetings. she's either sleeping or in so much pain and its very painful to just sit and watch.
and nothing helps her during those times either or pain meds take either too long to kick in or they just don't work anymore for her.
She had a stroke about 10-11 years ago, she also suffers from a mild case of MS, and she has Dementia.

And life wise, i feel im just drifting. I don't feel like socializing to anyone, and i know my art is no good and lately feeling
should i even keep pursuing art anymore since a huge goal for me is to kickstart a freelance digital art career like having my own Etsy shop.
I probably will always draw because it's a huge part of me and my life.
But lately...it feels like i have nothing and idk if my work is worth anything or anything i do is worth while.

I know i could just "find a new hobby" but i don't even know if i have the mental power to dive myself into something new.

just feel like right now, i have nothing.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 07:55:44 )
hey, To be honest I can't tell you that I know exactly how you feel or what you are going through but all I can tell you is to keep pushing, my great grandma has MS and seeing her in pain and not being able to walk was hard and it took so much out of me to control my feelings but I know that one thing that helped me was art so maybe that can be your escape too. My great grandma has dementia and I know that can be hard too but again, having that escape from everything else will make it 10 times better. I am not here to tell you what to do, I just saw this and felt like you needed some advice and this is the best I can give you. I really hope that you continue to pursue art or whatever you dream of, and I know seeing your family in pain is hard but things will get better I promise you. Also, you may feel like you have nothing but maybe there is something right in front of you that you just aren't seeing yet, your life will get in order and hopefully you can see your mom happy and not in pain once again. I wish you the best of luck!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 20:46:06 )

I'm sorry that you are going through such a tough time. I don't have any advice except that you should also make time for yourself. I know there isn't much to do or look forward to right now, but maybe think about the future (in a positive way). Right now life sucks, but it won't last forever.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 23:23:58 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: its fine im kinda used to it lol.
been dealing with this sort of stress since i was about 14.

Future is kinda iffy for me since im so confused if i can pursue my art career.
but hopefully there is something i can think about.

@mads: thank you for your kind words.
tho i don't really think art is a coping mechanism anymore for me. not right now anyways
art is very stressful for me lately since it's the only job i can get where i can work safely from home but its been very hard for me to
enjoy whatever i create since social media just sucks lol i kinda been feeling im just failing at life a lot lately. lol.
I might just be super overwhelmed.

i don't feel this is something i can really run away from or distract myself from anymore cause we do zoom meetings every friday and i just can't look forward to them because i know 90% of the time it won't be a good one. cause my mother is also with hospice and has been since late 2019. so im kinda just waiting when that final shoe to drop so to speak.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.