Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ~ * Starglow Cavern * ~ Come Freeze With Us!

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 20:54:08 )
@Totalanimefan: No need to apologize at all, it's not your fault I didn't sign up soon enough ;)
I think I have 4 pairs, so I should have plenty! Thanks for the offer though ♥

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 21:00:43 )

@Alchemists Fire:
I found a really neat gray lipstick a few years ago but couldn't find a lipliner to go with it, and I know from experience funky lipsticks, especially darker ones, have a tendency to 'spread' if they're not contained, lol. I never did wear it much and it's probably no good now.

My then-stepfather once (I was into my 20s by this point and home for a visit) took my backpack and purse--both skeleton-themed--and threw them in the stone fire pit outside because apparently bones are evil. 🤦‍♂ He broke one or two of the glass charms on my purse in the process. And he actually banned skeleton/skull imagery from the house!! He nearly had kittens the time I came in the morning after a concert still wearing monster makeup (because the band was Lordi, who are monsters, and I dressed up). Apparently I was a horrible person for exposing my brothers to death and "demonic" imagery (it's not like I was letting them listen to it and the makeup was nothing they wouldn't see on Halloween!). These days he'd probably be upset about my ankh necklace because "SYMBOL THAT ISN'T THE CROSS IT MUST BE SATANIC!!"

God I want to dye my hair rainbow so bad, but that's an expense I'm not sure I can justify, lol.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/24 06:38:32 )
@CooperationIsKey: Ooh, grey sounds neat, that's not a lip colour I see very often at all! I've never learned the art of lip liner, but I feel like I should xD But then again I don't know the first thing about doing makeup, so I also don't really spend the money on stuff xD

Ugh, that's awful, I'm so sorry you had to face that. Broke the glass charms too, how rude. And into your 20s...what the hell right did he have to even touch your stuff! Grrr, that makes me so mad!!!

The last time I got my hair done rainbow it was twice as much as the first time I had it done, but at least the next time I get it done I will be able to afford it...just don't know if I'm allowed to have funky coloured hair in my current job...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/24 13:16:41 )
@alchemists fire: Oh no, I'm sorry if I didn't saw your post just now since I got distracted by my daydreaming ahahaha... ^^;;

Ah I see! Roleplaying as your own OC is fun sometimes and that doesn't matter as long as you're having fun while enjoying the rainbow font lol

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/25 03:32:46 )

@Alchemists Fire: Right? I was excited to wear it and then I never really did, lol. I don't know much about makeup either, I just know lipstick tends to have a cleaner edge if you use a liner. Also it doesn't seem to spread around as much; I've seen people wear black lipstick who ended up with all around their face kind of gray after a few hours, lol.

Yeah, that's just the tip of the iceberg with him. I was staying over at their house once, around the same time, my early 20s, and my mom had given me permission to watch television for a while even though the rest of the family was going to bed early. It wasn't loud or bothering anyone, but stepdad came downstairs for some reason, found me watching tv, and screamed at me because how dare I not go to bed at like 8 like they had. So I went and sat in the guest room bored out of my mind instead. I should have just gone home tbh.

Ah, yeah, jobs can definitely complicate wanting to color your hair. :/

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/25 10:57:53 )
@ChiffonOrange: Not to worry, I sometimes go a couple of days between checking for notifications and then I have like 7 replies to track down xDD
I'm just worried using the rainbow font thing all the time when chatting would be annoying and also hard to read for some people, Plus depending on what site theme different people are using it may not show up as well. I'm using one with a black background, so it's great for me, but it might suck for someone using the default or a lighter colour.

It also suits one of my other OCs better, and I haven't bought anything to dress as her yet xD

@CooperationIsKey: Yeah, cleaner edges sound like a really good thing. I think what always bothered me when I wear darker lipsticks is the huge contrast between the lip colour and the inside of my mouth when I'm talking.

Oof, I am so sorry you had to deal with that. I sort of do to a much lesser extreme, I'm in my 30s and my parents still try and coax me to come down for dinner when I'm doing things with friends, or my dad will wake up in the middle of the night, see my bedroom light on, and come upstairs just to tell me to "go to bed". I sorta feel like at 30 they shouldn't be attempting to "parent" as much anymore? IDK...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/25 15:39:15 )
@alchemists fire: That's understandable lol. And true about the rainbow font or any light coloured font as well, it all really depends on the user's preferred theme as you mentioned.

Ah I see, hope she'll get some more clothes sooner or later lmao

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/25 19:59:09 )

@Alchemists Fire:
They probably feel that if you live at home, you should still follow 'their rules'. Which is silly at your age, definitely. As long as you're not bothering them by being up late, why does it matter?

I think "parents gonna parent" regardless of your age, though. I mean I was in my 30s when I lived with my dad for a few months and he tried very hard to parent me as if I were a teenager. He would get really upset about things I was raised to do that were different from how he raised my little brother (my parents have been divorced since I was very young and my mom raised me) and honestly it was a bit weird sometimes.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 09:17:29 )
@ChiffonOrange: Mmhmm, I have to be careful with it cause I know some places have legibility guidelines, and I don't wanna make it hard for people to read my posts.

She'll definitely get some clothes and hair and stuff soon, I'm just kinda focused on the main 3 first =)

@CooperationIsKey: I love your rainbow avi so much! Ahhh, so colourful!

But yeah, you're very right. "Parents gonna parent" while you're under their roof. I'm in my 30s and still live with my parents, I've never lived on my own. I dunno how you wouldn't just be like "Dad, I'm 30" every time he did it...
It's weird that even though my dad retired before I even got my first job and that I'm now in my 3rd job and making a fairly decent wage that he's still sorta controlling over how I manage my finances. I know what I'm doing, I'm not spending beyond my means, and I'm not in debt, so why does he get after me about it?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 22:58:25 )

@Alchemists Fire:
Oh well thank you! I'm loving all the rainbow items we have here, it's great. :3

I had no choice but to live on my own; my then-stepfather threw me out shortly after I turned 18. Wasn't even allowed to move back home temporarily when I became disabled at 24. The man sucked, and I'm very glad he's out of my life. 🙃

Yeah my dad gets irrationally upset about the weirdest things. I once said "man if it were possible for me and socially acceptable I'd so grow a beard" (I'm afab but nonbinary) and even with this impossible hypothetical he started snapping at me angrily "NO YOU WOULDN'T" and I was so bewildered like what? Dude, unclench thy anus. XD He also thought I was an asshole (though obviously he didn't say it quite like that) because I was raised that people call/text ahead and warn people before just showing up at their house to visit. What I was raised to think as common courtesy, he thinks is rude!

Don't get me started on other people trying to control my finances. I appreciate my dad helping me get my finances sorted after my longtime roommate passed and I lost my apartment, but when I used a small amount of my food assistance for some foods for myself he got upset??

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 18:28:50 )
@CooperationIsKey: Rainbow items are awesome and I hope to be able to collect a bunch of them and make all sorts of fun rainbow avis ^^

Oof, that's just awful. I'm also very glad he's out of your life =)
Wait what, yeah you definitely call or text before just showing up, unless it's supposed to be a surprise.
Also, what is it with parents and privacy? Mine don't exactly read my diary, but my dad has this awful habit of knocking and then opening my bedroom door without waiting for me to give him the OK to come in...

*sputters* I...what...but....Isn't that what food assistance is for?

I feel like we need to mosey along to happier topics, haha, although it's certainly cathartic to whine about this stuff with someone else =)

Maple

Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 22:11:31 )

@Alchemists Fire:
Yeah, like all I bought was like, some almond butter and a couple apples I think? Like it's not like I burned through the whole amount and it was stuff I'd definitely use and was even healthy so I don't get what the problem was.

Parents are weird. Lol.

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.