Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 07:31:53 )

after thousands of years of trying, I am finally getting ready to move out. again. i'm currently forced to take a break because 1, i have work tomorrow and 2, i'm out of tape. but tomorrow is my last night in this house and i am so ready to get out of here... if only it weren't such a hassle to actually get all my stuff together. i sure hope we sell tape at my store.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 13:41:14 )
Oh, that's exciting! I hope things go well for you... and that you find some tape! :3 Good luck with the move.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 04:39:46 )

thanks y'all ;v;

grandma managed to dig up a little bit of tape in the house; hopefully it'll be enough for the remaining few boxes. unfortunately, there was a delay with one of the u-hauls, so i guess i'll be here another night--but without most of my stuff, including the food... smh

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 07:01:34 )

Moving is so mentally and physically tiring. I hope you can be done with it soon.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 17:03:25 )

Ava; thanks! I have no idea why one came on time and the other was delayed; I assume the town my friend lives in was understaffed or something.

Total; Same.. I haven't slept much the past few days, so maybe this delay will be a good thing. I can get some sleep in before I have to hit the road tomorrow lol It's been especially exhausting cause I had to work a lot up til today. We went to our closing, which was a long and tiring trip, then came back and immediately had to get back to work while also juggling moving stuff. Not looking forward to having no job/insurance, but I could sure use a break.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 07:28:39 )

@Ava: We currently live an hour apart from each other, so we each ordered a U-box (they deliver a box to your house, you fill it with your stuff, then they take it to the nearest facility, and from there they deliver it to the closest facility to your destination; then you can have it delivered to the new house from there, unless you prefer to pick up your items from storage yourself).
I had no issues with mine; they came and picked up my stuff today, so I'd have been ready to go today... but my friend's was delayed and won't be coming until tomorrow afternoon, and also didn't offer a packing help service like mine did. So she'll have to pack it herself, and how early they arrive + how long it takes to pack the U-box will determine whether we're able to get on the road and move tomorrow or if we'll be delayed yet another day, because she still has to pick up her work equipment and we don't know if we'll be able to make it there before the site closes.
So we've already been delayed one day and we're pretty much stuck waiting to find out what our next step is as we go along tomorrow.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 18:54:52 )

Looks like we'll be delayed yet another day since the U-haul is so late. But at least tomorrow there shouldn't be any reason for another delay...

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/24 07:01:47 )

@Ava: aye, at least it's done now. Just gotta wait for her to get her equipment tomorrow morning and we can be on our way.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/24 14:10:42 )
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Good luck with the move! ;v;
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/25 14:10:06 )

@KittyBeary: thanks!

@Ava: We've actually had the keys for a few weeks now! We couldn't move right away due to work, but we're here now so it's all good

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/25 19:05:36 )
Count Trashula:

Total: Same.. I haven't slept much the past few days, so maybe this delay will be a good thing. I can get some sleep in before I have to hit the road tomorrow lol It's been especially exhausting cause I had to work a lot up til today. We went to our closing, which was a long and tiring trip, then came back and immediately had to get back to work while also juggling moving stuff. Not looking forward to having no job/insurance, but I could sure use a break.

I never sleep very well. All the stress plus you are in a new place when you are on the other side of it. You would think that you are so tired you would sleep at night, but you don't lol.
How are you doing now?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 02:47:08 )

@Totalanimefan: still not getting much rest tbh but at least we're getting things done ;v;

@Ava: most of our stuff is going to be in the u-haul until a little over a week from now. for some reason the u-haul box isn't being delivered until then. so for now, we're just camping out in the living room and living out of suitcases and whatever we packed in the car or got at the store. not much furniture but there's a mattress and a couple of end tables and beach chairs. we didn't have much furniture to begin with so we'll have to buy some over time.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 03:48:35 )

@Count Trashula: It's either one or the other that this stage, do you want to rest? Or finish it? haha

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/27 02:37:24 )

@Ava: We'd like to move again eventually since we're in a townhouse and would prefer a "real" house with a yard and a little more space and privacy. But we will probably be here for the next several years, at least. So we do have some decorating ideas in mind, but it may be a while before we can really put much consideration into it. We're gonna be very tight on money for a while since I had to leave my job to move and pretty much all our savings that didn't go into the down payment is going to have to go toward furniture, appliances, and other things we don't have.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/27 02:39:27 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, pretty much. I just hope they bring my stuff to the house soon so I can actually have my own bed. maybe then I can get some sleep...

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/27 18:55:14 )

@Count Trashula: I hope you can too. Maybe tonight?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 14:15:02 )

@count trashula: OMG, congratulations on moving! I read a bit through the earlier conversations to see what I missed. Are you excited to be moving or dreading it? Why are you moving? Is it a nicer area? Is the house nicer? How does it smell? Lol!
I just recently moved ~2 years ago and I'm going to be moving in another ~1 year. It is so stressful, but my job actually pays for the entire move, provides the shipping company, and movers come and pack everything up for me. I'm superr privileged I feel bad even saying it. Regardless, packing, moving, and organizing is always stressful. I feel like I always lose the scissors, always run out of tape, my sharpie runs out of ink, and I pack something that I meant to leave out to carry with me. It's a fun time lol, but always such a great feeling to be in your new space.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/29 10:50:13 )
Good luck on moving! I’m also in the process of packing so I know how exciting it must be for you! ^^

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.