Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Help & Support what am i supposed to do here?

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/20 10:58:48 )
before i ask my question, let me preface this: i know this is a broad question. there's a million answers to this very basic question, but i'm genuinely curious.

i have a few other questions, so here's a list of them down below. also: please specify which question you're answering! i know that's a weird request, but it's just so i know which questions are being answered.

1. is there a main storyline or lore i'm supposed to be following? if not, are the npcs just here to enrich this site?
2. how do i gain volts aside from having a shop or interacting on the forums? is there a way to gain volts through another source?
3. are there quests i'm supposed to do?

i should've asked these right when i joined, but i never really got the chance to do so.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/20 17:06:38 )

@scarabee: have you ever been on an avatar site before? The storyline/lore is told through events; we have about 5ish a year. You can read the old events here (https://www.voltra.us/forum/view/55) and we are due an event literally any day now.
Those are the only ways to earn volts currently, though we will be getting some mini games soon.
No quests, but there are tasks/contests/etc during events. Vibrance Day, which is the next event, is usually pretty fun!

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/20 17:21:06 )
@sunny: thank you, and yes i've been on avatar sites before. it's just that my first genuine avatar site experience (dappervolk) already had a storyline out way before i joined, so my experiences over on that site and this one are a lot different. over there is a lot more grindy and whatnot, and over here... there's not much for me to do, so that kinda was disconcerting at first. sorry if it was a dumb question, it's kinda my fault for not reading through the past event logs.

i'll be waiting for vibrance day to come along though! it sounds like an interesting event.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/20 17:22:32 )

You can also gain volts by offering up your art if you can do that.

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/20 17:57:26 )
2. I think if you play the jigsaw Game you can earn volts

And hii~

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/20 18:11:57 )

@scarabee: it wasn't a dumb question :) it's good to ask for clarification!
Vibrance Day is my favourite event tbh, I love the flowery vibes :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 06:37:21 )
@miss sandman: i have, but i've never received any volts from playing it, and hello to you too!

@bioshock: i see. i do remember the thing about having "mule" accounts, so i understand what you mean by that. and if i'm not wrong, this site is still growing, so there's not a ton of things to do here.

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 10:21:34 )
@Bioshock: oh thats surprising... I hate jigsaw so i never played it sorry!

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 10:22:24 )
@scarabee: bioshock just told me its just giving Event currency sorry!

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 12:24:59 )
@miss sandman: it's okay! everyone makes mistakes, and for the longest time i thought i was playing the jigsaw game wrong, lol.

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 17:40:22 )
@scarabee: hehe i hate jigsaw i never played it.... It was just logic to me *rubs chin

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 23:16:43 )
@Nephila: wait really? well, i guess we'll have to wait and see if the blackjack game ever pops up here. i guess for the time being i'll be setting up an art shop, since it's my only way atm of making any volts. i'm okay with the idea of making an art shop since one: i get paid and two: i get to draw more, but then i'll have to figure out prices and set deadlines and whatnot so BLEH i'm admittedly very screwed!

@miss sandman: i get that, jigsaw is very infuriating if you don't have the patience. and i don't have the patience so >>:( i torture myself with jigsaw.

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 06:51:25 )
@scarabee: yes xD just yes..... I never would torture myself with jigsaw i also hate it in rl

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 07:27:28 )
96% completed... Please wait while we load the contents of this comment.

@nephila: i do, but it's an old account i rarely use. i still have access to it though, and it's coccineous-sclerae if you're curious to know! i can probably set up something with you and your alt, but keep in mind that i can take a while to make a full drawing. i'm a lot more familiar with just doing sketches, so i might not be able to do anything too fancy! ^^;;

@miss sandman: oh my god same. the only time it was fun was when i was little and had this special puzzle set that i could color with felt markers! now that was a fun experience.

@bioshock: aw man. well, vibrance day is coming up, so we'll have something to do soon! but in the meantime, i might set up a shop as i said prior.
Comment posted! Thank you for your patience.

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 09:01:52 )
96% completed... Please wait while we load the contents of this comment.

@nephila: i actually wiped the account. i didn't post much anyway, since i never actually made that many finished pieces to post. i could post there nowadays, but i just kinda lost interest at the time. :( sorry!
Comment posted! Thank you for your patience.

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 09:05:34 )
@scarabee: i never had such a thing ;A; the only jigsaw i enjoy making was an Gothic one!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 02:11:16 )
@scarabee: making volts goes pretty fast when you find a place to chat that you like :) a good conversation doesn’t even feel like you’re working for it and before you know it you have volts. I’ve surprised myself before when I got chatting haha events are a really great time to chat too since there’s more people around and fun activities to do.
We’re still a small site so the main thing to do is just hang out and chat with people, which can be really fun sometimes! I’ve made several really close friends from my decade of avi sites haha.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.