Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Child Proofing For My Cat

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 18:55:40 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I love my cat. I really do, but this cat is like a toddler and gets everywhere.

He has learned how to open all the bi-fold doors (see him here laying among the food)

He has learned how to somehow get to the very top of the cabinets. You are 16lbs sir you do not belong there!

And now he thinks that laying on the chair looking cute will get him table treats.

I have videos of him opening the lower cabinets trying to live with the pots and pans (Sadly none to share)

Have you ever had to child proof for your pet? I can't even imagine having to deal with a tiny human when I got this furry menace.(who I love dearly)

...If you wanna keep your head

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 20:21:24 )

Please ping!! I am a busy mom and tend to get lost~

Yep. Cats tend to do this often... (I have 3) Making sure they have hidey-holes and shelves/trees just for them helps greatly. If you can't afford to buy stuff then just get boxes, lots of them. Stack them and make a box fort that works well. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 20:26:19 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@PoeticTorment:

I think its because its a new apartment. He had no issue with the old place, and he still has his tree and cat towers around, he's just being a turd. My roommates cat doesn't even care she just hates everything lol

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 20:31:08 )

Please ping!! I am a busy mom and tend to get lost~

@Fading Kings: Ah, so he's in the explorer stage? That should calm down after a while if so.

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 03:16:31 )
Cats often do get into places they're not supposed to. My younger cat, Hazel is a tiny thing so she can squeeze herself into some small spaces. She's crawled under the couch before, gotten into drawers and crawled behind them before, and I had to duck tape a vent cover to the wall because it was loose and wouldn't stay put and that tiny crazy fool was crawling around inside the vents.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 17:16:16 )
Yes I agree this may just be an exploratory stage since it's a new location for them.

If it continues however, the only thing you can do is make a space for them to do whatever activity they're doing. My cat Tumbleweed loves to climb to high places so I make sure there's places he's allowed to climb. It generally keeps him off the kitchen counters though he'll still jump up there because he's an attention seeking drama queen. He won't do it if no one is watching though.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.