Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Detective Conan (Case Closed) 1,000th episode!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 01:14:36 )

Wiki link to anime

Some of you might remember the series from when it was on Adult Swim in the 2000's. Tonight is the 1,000th episode of the anime! They are redoing one of the original cases, Moonlight Sonata Murder case, in celebration. Crunchyroll link to ep 1000

If you guys have watched Conan, what did you think about it? When did you watch it?
If you never watched or read the series I highly recommend it. I can't think of a series with a better first chapter or episode.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 01:16:48 )

I've been watching the series since I stumbled upon it in middle school in 2004. I loved how if you wanted to, you could try and solve the mystery. I also thought that it was really well written, and even 1,000 eps in and about 98 volumes of the manga I still love it. I've both read and watched pretty much the whole series and I used to lend out the books to friends all the time. The characters are great too. I think the manga might end soon actually. Even though it's been going on for 25 years.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 01:34:05 )
Oh boy, I used to watch very few episodes (not that I can remember any of it since my memory is quite bad lol) of Detective Conan when I was a preteen in 2007 though I wasn't quite interested somehow. But holy moly, 1000th episode? I have to admit that's astonishingly impressive.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 05:18:27 )

@ChiffonOrange: yeah it’s really really popular in Japan. It’s a household name.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 08:57:32 )
@totalanimefan: Ah, that makes sense. *nods* I can see why it gained a lot of popularity when it first came out or rather as time passed by.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 09:58:46 )

@ChiffonOrange: yeah it’s really good. And I don’t know if you got a bad dub like we did in the US. The Japanese version is much better. ^^;

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 12:12:25 )
@totalanimefan: I never watched English dub tbh so I might not know whether it's good or not. The only dubs I've watched as a preteen (and well as in my early teen years) are Cantonese and Malay dubs (both of them are in different channels though). I only watched Japanese version of only one episode lol (Then again, I'm not too sure if I can dedicate myself to watch all of them since they have too many episodes to catch up :vanora_sweat: )

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.