Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Trip

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 09:05:22 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Vicki nodded.

"That's... definitely something she's likely going to want to know." She commented.

"Hopefully, being a scout of sorts, she'll have some sort of idea as to where my twin is though." She added with a light shake of her head.

"Because... I admit, I"m worried about her. But at the same time, I have no idea if there's a way for me to know if she's dead and the mana transfer has happened in the past. I just... I doubt that's a physical thing... but it might be. No one actually knows."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 09:25:40 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash crossed his arms over his chest and thought for a moment.

"......hm." he mumbled.

"Wait..." he said.

"I... I recall Vic telling me that she would say if she felt anything." he remembered. "I don't think it'd be a physical thing, but... I think if the transfer had happened, you'd be dealing with empath-like abilities." he said further.

"I think that's what was deduced, anyway." he continued.

"So if you're not dealing with that, then the transfer likely hasn't happened."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 12:35:40 )

"Well, if nothing else, at least there's that." Vicki commented.

"I don't know if I could deal with Alice's empathy, myself." she added. "Bad enough I can see the past when I don't want to." She paused here, looking to her brother.

"... you think we could trigger something with that? Give me a means of seeing what it is that happened?" She asked, not sure if she really wanted to, but also realising that it would make things easier.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 22:54:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash shook his head.

"We're... like, 99% certain that wouldn't work." he said. "And when I say 'we', I mean myself, Vic, Alice... when she was still around... and Lindsay, when he was still here helping us." he clarified.

"The biggest reason is that your soul is different. You cannot 'properly' and 'fully' access the memories of Vic's body, even though technically it IS your own." he explained to her.

"I mean, to ME it should be possible, but Lindsay, Alice, and Vic are... were... whatever... smarter than me in terms of all that. I DO deal with souls, yes, but... well, not to THAT level of shenanigans." he then sighed.

"So no. As helpful and as easy at that would make things, it's not possible." he lamented.

"However, we DID surmise that, when you manage to get back to your home time, if you've forgotten anything, a future vision should be able to be triggered, seeing as the knowledge you get from this future will technically be your past." he then told her.

"...and yes, I DID get a headache when they first explained that to me..." he admitted grumpily at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 23:38:19 )

Vivki just laughed lightly.

"Isn't that how it goes?" She asked. "You get some detailed or complicated information that is needed, sometimes, and your brain can't quite keep up at first."

"But.... good to know, I suppose." she added. "I wasn't sure if it was something that could work, but.... " She paused here, before shaking her head.

"It's technically my future, so that'd be why it wouldn't work, I suppose. To just truncate it down farther. Because it isn't a case of memories. I'm psychic, remember."

"However, the time travel like this might be what would be the issue."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 00:00:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah." Ash responded.

"Regardless, sadly, not an option." he lamented.

"Which sucks. Immensely. But there's nothing we can do about that, sadly." he went on.

"Anyway, try and ignore the sounds outside." he then said.

"...and try not to look..." he then warned.

"They're... not pretty. They're nightmarish." he told her bluntly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 00:11:37 )

Vicki paused a moment.

"... duly noted." She commented.

"However, for now, I'm just going to brush up on the information that has been compiled of this world, and this situation." She sighed, heavily, knowing that this wasn't going to be easy, but also that it needed to be covered, and checked, and done.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 00:35:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...good luck." Ash responded.

"And try not to despair TOO much over what you read..." he went on.

"It's... harrowing shit." he told her bluntly.

"Anyway, I'm... well, I need to check the roof and survey the area." he then said further.

"I'll be back in a bit, okay?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 00:42:58 )

Vicki nodded.

"Yeah, you do that." She said simply.

"And no promises on the despair point." She added after a few seconds.

]"But... yeah. Go on. I'll just... be here reading."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 01:06:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was silent, before shaking his head.

"Right." he said.

"Understandable." he sighed.

"Anyway..." he mumbled, standing up and heading out the door, pausing at it.

"Hope you find something." he told her.

"About... ANYTHING."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 01:09:20 )

Vicki was silent for a moment, before sighing lightly.

"... you and me both, Jo." She said. "Just.. you and me both."[b]

[b]"I'd much like to get home, after all."
She added with a light, hesitant, laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 03:55:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I'd like you to get home as well." Ash responded.

"You don't deserve to be here. But you have to be here." he told her.

"You're the only one that can save this godforsaken future." he said further, before walking off.

She could tell. This world had hurt him.

And it continued to do so.

She really was the only hope for saving her future. To make sure THIS one never happens.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 04:03:49 )

Vicki hadn't a chance to figure out something to say before her brother left, and before she just sighed, heavily. She made her way over to one of the large windows that were part of the office, ignoring the extreme cracking, and the few holes, that were there. She could feel the barrier that kept her in there, but she could also tell that it was a case of sheilding her mana. The barriers around the council had been altered, boosted, over the decades, centuries.

"... what happened...?" She asked quietly, knowing that she couldn't actually answert that, that no one really could.

---

She didn't see her brother much for a few days, and even when she did seem him again, she just grabbed his wrist.

"Yo! Question." She said. "Before you race off again." She said simply.

"... what do you mean by 'godforsaken'?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 04:26:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash looked back to her for a moment, and was silent.

"Eh?" he muttered.

"When you said you were going on the roof for sentry duty a few days ago, you used the term 'godforsaken' to describe this world." Vicki reminded him. "Is there more to that?" he asked.

"..." again, Ash was silent, before sighing. Heavily.

"I meant what I said." he told her.

"God. Satan. Heaven. Hell. Their presence is no longer in this realm. On this world."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 04:28:47 )

"Did Dad and Sydney not take the positions?" Vicki asked as she released Ash's wrist.

".... did they live through this world so far? Or ... did they die to the creatures? Like, what's going on in that regard?" She then asked, her voice curious, and a bit concerned. She knew so little about this world, even after taking a few days reading the notes and whatnot.

"I just want to know the big picutre, the full picture, I suppose."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 04:47:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash looked at her again, before shaking his head.

"All right. The full story." he said.

He then sat down in one of the chairs, and looked out the window.

"Vincent and Sydney DID take the positions." he confirmed. "As far as I know, they still have them. They're both still the rulers of Heaven and Hell. Those realms exist, but they're essentially completely segregated from this world." he went on.

"...and it all started that one day..." he continued, trailing off a bit.

What Vicki saw next in him, she hadn't seem before. Sheer emotion in his eyes. Anger. Sadness. Fear. Terror. She knew what it was. Post-traumatic stress disorder. Her brother was suffering from sheer PTSD.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 04:54:15 )

Vicki was silent for a moment before getting on her knees in front of Ash, and just lightly grabbing his hands.

"Ash, stop. It's ok." She said.

"I can find the information myself. Don't... don't stress yourself out over it, for the sake of my curiousity." She then said.

"Please... don't get yourself worked up because I want to know something."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 05:14:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash shook his head slightly when she said that.

"No." he said.

"No. No, you... you need to hear this. And... and I need to say it." he told her. Before she could ask what he meant by that, he continued.

"Vincent organised a force to take down these creatures." he said. "The archangels. They were mobilised and sent down to deal with them. But... but they were too much. The archangels failed." he informed her.

"...they had to flee back to heaven. But... but not without loss." he went on.

"Uriel..." he said further, his voice quiet now.

"Uriel was taken. He's gone. They absorbed him. His mana. He's gone, Vicki." he said, biting his lip.

"And God's vengeance went back to Vincent. Vincent was unprepared for that, so... so even though he's not completely changed... he's taken the stance that this is what humanity... the world... now deserves."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 05:16:19 )

Vicki was silent for a moment.

"What." She said, her voice deadpan.

"Oh for the love of... right. I'm going to guess that Zeke and Aimee did NOT take that well." She commented. "And it probably rippled out to Lex and Angela, Liv too by association..." She sighed, heavily.

"All right. This is probably already been considered or attemted. Evona and Hal. Are THEY still around?" She asked.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 05:37:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash shook his head.

"When Aimee found out, she let loose an explosive amount of mana. And it weakened her. Severely. Unfortunately, it lead the monsters right to her. She... she didn't stand a chance..." he told her.

"And then... the archangel side of Zeke took over. Angela and Liv tried to stop him, but it was too late. He was too far gone. In the scuffle to keep him from doing anything rash, he left Angela with a broken arm, and Liv with a pair of cracked ribs." he informed her further.

"He died as a mindless berserker." he added.

"Lex is gone, too." he lamented. "He was caught off guard while sneaking out to get supplies. Nobody knew what happened to him until... until Lilim encountered one of those abominations with the same mana as Lex..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.