Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Trip

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 03:44:36 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Vicki was completely silent for a moment before just looking to Ash directly, almost pointedly.

"Excuse me?" She asked.

"All right, next question. What the hell happened to the world?" She asked him. "Because this should have had more than enough charms and enchantments to keep it in good condition for another few millenia." She motioned to the room, the building, they were in.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 04:05:29 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"You don't realise it, but your question is very accurate." he responded.

"What happened to the world? It went to shit." he told her.

"The masses are grotesque abominations, sapping mana from living beings and spreading sickness and disease." he continued.

"Very few places are safe. This building is one of them." he went on.

"...one of the last bastions for humanity. For... normality. For... anyone that's surviving."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 04:07:14 )

Vicki was silent, taking this far better than was likely expected. Then again, she was being primed to take Hollie's position, and this was just further proof that she may actually be the perfect choice.

"Are there records? Any sort of written information about that?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Or is it shared purely by word of mouth?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 04:28:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Mouth." Ash responded.

"Well... mostly." he said.

"There are... sparse... records, but they mostly are accounts of after this went viral. If you'll pardon the expression." he told her.

"But for the most part, the origin of this is verbal." he sighed.

"And many people blame Kiah." he then said.

"Or Alice." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 04:38:45 )

Vicki was silent for a moment, thinking about it.

"What... why?" She asked.

"What is it that they have to do with this world's current state?" Followed a few seconds later.

"My mute medic of a sister and the chemist. I mean, I get that Kiah could cause problems, but I always thought she had a good enough moral compass..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 04:59:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just shook his head.

"I don't know." he said.

"All those that blame either only do so based on what they've heard, and even then... it seems like it's more about just blaming someone now." he sighed.

"However, that is a minority. Those that harbour ill will, anyway." he added.

"Many people blame them, but will not do anything rash." he assured her.

"But I do not know what either could have done to start this... this... whatever-this-is."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 05:02:04 )

"So... why are you locked up in here?" Vicki asked.

"And why am I?" followed.

"Also, any sort of information about what plagues this world would be lovely. If I'm stuck here for awhile, it'd be nice to know what is going to kill me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 05:22:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash raised an eyebrow.

"Locked up in here...?" he asked, before pausing.

"O-oh..." he stammered.

"I'M not locked up in here." he told her.

"...YOU are. Or... were. Or... rather, Vic was. Is." he verbally stumbled further, before shaking his head and growling.

"I hate not being able to word things right." he cursed.

"Vic... the you from THIS time... was infected. Her soul was eroding away at an alarming place. So, in a last ditch attempt, we... orchestrated a swap. Between you and... her." he explained.

"...even though it... wasn't a 'swap'... per se..." he then admitted, looking away.

"More like... she sacrificed herself so you could be brought here. To maybe find a way to stop this from happening."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 05:28:25 )

"So... so this is how I die." Vicki said quietly.

"Well, I'm here to avoid that death. Let's see what I can do, what information I can gather to stop this from happening." She then said, obviously trying not to freak out here. She didn't know if she'd be able to keep herself together, but she had to try, her life vary well made depend on it.

"I can feel the mana from the future me... is that going to corrupt and erode me?" She asked. "If... if you happen to know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 05:49:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...it will." Ash confirmed.

"But at a much slower rate than Vic." he then stressed. "Because, well... technically speaking, that soul doesn't belong in that body? And that disconnect slows it down." he said.

"In addition, if we manage to get you back to your time, the process will reverse. Or, it should, anyway." he continued.

"At least, that's what Vic theorised, and the research she did seems to back it up." he then said.

"Regardless, we need to act like you're on a timer. And we need to work pretty fast." he confirmed.

"To try and save the future."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 05:52:02 )

"Fun." was all Vicki said before sighing, heavily.

"All right. Well, I suppose we should start with this.

"Any ideas as to what was planned for me to do upon my arrival?"
She asked, ehr voice curious, and serious.

"That'd be a lovely starting point, if at all possible."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 06:18:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...ah." Ash muttered.

"Well, admittedly, this was done last-minute, to prevent the erosion and corruption from finally taking full hold of Vic." he admitted to her. "It... was what we did to save her soul." he sighed.

"However, she DID leave some notes for you." he then said, making his way to a small banged-up filing cabinet and opening it.

"She had some things written down for you, as well as some things that Alice had written down." he continued.

"They're encoded, and only she was able to start to decipher them. Perhaps YOU can help as well."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 06:21:26 )

Vicki paused, biting her lip slightly.

"... is... is our sister still alive...?" She asked, ehr voice quiet, curious, almost scared.

"For that matter... is anyone I would know alive, aside from you?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 06:43:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Ash paused when she asked her question.

"I..." he stammered.

"I don't know of Kiah or Alice's statuses." he admitted. "For all I know, they're deep in hiding, for fear of what people would do if they saw them." he told her, shaking his head.

"As for anyone else... aside from me..." he continued, thinking about it.

"Well... Vito's still alive." he said.

"Leo's still around." he continued. "...not alive, but you know what I mean..." he mumbled further.

"...and last I heard, Darrel and Sammy are still alive, though I haven't heard anything from them in months." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 06:46:34 )

Vicki was silent for a moment, sighing heavily.

"So, in short, basically everyone is gone." She said quietly.

"Can't... really can't say I'm surprised." she added as she grabbed the notes and started to flip through them.

"You have no idea what caused all this hell on the surface though, huh? That's unfortuante."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 07:10:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"From what I could gather, and not from just the people ranting about it or blaming them about it, it stems from something Kiah and Alice were doing. Whether that was together, or if two things converged into one, I don't know." Ash lamented.

"A lot of info got lost and confused because this happened so alarmingly quickly." he told her.

"As I said... 250 years." he muttered.

"Pretty short amount of time for the world to go to shit." he continued.

"I suspect... I don't know, maybe a virus or something?" he suggested with a shrug, minor frustration in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 07:13:28 )

Vicki just sighed, heavily.

"So, translation, you have no idea what happened, there is speculation that it was Kiah or Alice, or both, that were involved, and I need to figure out the cause before I can even attempt to get home." She commented.

"All right then. At least I know what I'm looking for, now."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 07:30:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just narrowed his eyes.

"Excuse my lack of knowledge on things I wasn't supposed to know about." he said.

"I'm going to get some supplies." he told her.

"Food and such." he went on.

"I won't be gone long. 20 minutes or so." he continued.

"...don't listen to anyone saying anything venom-laced through the door." he then sighed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 07:35:21 )

"There are others in the building? That's good to know." vicki said with a sigh.

"But all right then. Duly noted." She then said.

"Thank you." She said after a moment or two. "I do appreciate what information you have been able to give me."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 07:59:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"As I said, this is a safe haven from the monsters." Ash sighed.

"There are some people here." he confirmed.

"...maybe 50 or so." he said further.

"And about 17 or so will be hostile towards you." he then lamented. "The rest will be civil, seeing as Vic IS responsible for this place being safe." he reasoned with a shrug.

"Regardless, I'll be back in a bit." he continued.

"Bathroom is through that door. It's your own private one, but... well, it functions. Modern plumbing is rare to find intact these days."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.