Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Do u ever miss ur old (toxic) friends?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 17:06:50 )

I had to let go some friends not so long ago so I definitely experience this a lot but not so often anymore.
But when I do I think it's because I feel extremely lonely.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/31 20:15:59 )
There's something foul about the air here...

A big fat nope, I was gullible and malleable at the time and they were really really really bad people, they made me do and say some... rather not okay things that would get me thrown off the internet today and I'm haunted constantly that that stuff will come back and completely kill me and everything I've been working towards. I've changed almost completely from who I was then and I'm thankful for my newer friends that have helped me not be a horrible person.

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — Artist Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/5 23:42:36 )
My friend I said hi to replied to me, saying she wished me well too. I was quite anxious if she would reply to me or not for a few months, talking about it with my therapist. We are just being there for each other every day now, writing to each other, when we feel to. This delusional fantasy writing helps with just breathing in our reality. She wrote she was a bird and I wrote myself as a wolf, as animals help us to be brave.
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Donator Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/6 00:44:44 )
ˑؘ ۪۪۫۫Formerly known as ChiffonOrange ۪۪۫۫ ؘ

Honestly no. I used to have (so-called) friends during my secondary school (high school) years but I stopped keeping in touch with them after graduation when I realised they were toxic (even used some casual racist jokes/comments at some point which made me feel uncomfortable and wanted to get the f away from them) af.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/6 15:55:09 )
Sometimes, but most of the time no. I had to block my ex-BFF recently, who I have known forever. I was in denial that she is/has become toxic

I'll be slow to respond for this week
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/6 16:51:20 )
Man or woman... It doesn't matter! One of Strength.. And nobility...

I miss the companionship and deeper level of relationship I had shared... but do I miss the person that I shared that with? no.
Honestly I cut them out a few years back and I miss having someone to call up or who knows the inner workings of my life and family so I can just talk without explaining anything.
But I don't miss how codependent and suffocating the toxic part of that relationship was. I also don't miss being hurt all the time or feeling uncomfortable because my boundaries were never respected... or being call mean and angry all the time BECAUSE my boundaries were disrespected and I got agitated by it >:T
I don't miss feeling guilty for trying to make friends outside of her. Or like bending over backwards making comprises that I felt were one-sided in the name of keeping the waters calm. bleck never again!
Like man we weren't even in a romantic relationship and it felt like I was in an unhappy depressive marriage!!
It was exhausting.... and honestly I'd rather be alone than have the mental load it took to be their friend :Y

Though all this to say when our "friendship" crumbled I did the least healthiest thing ever and pushed away a lot of people thinking I was very undeserving of any type of companionship ;3;
I miss all those guys! I just... wasn't a very good friend to them >n<;;;

Is always a prince.
I'm gone babyyyyyyy~~~
You can find me on
DV // TH // Lasria
....Sry I don't do discord....

Donator Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/6 21:33:04 )
Yes and No. Depends on who I am thinking about... my ex I don't really miss him at all..... my ex best friend, yes. I miss the good times we had(she was like my sister and we were inserprable growing up.) But the name calling, the acting like she was better than me, the telling my secrects I shared with her to other people, no.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.