Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Colliding Destinies

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 05:26:34 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Once he'd realised what he'd done, he started to panic again.

Should he restrain her right now? No, he didn't know if that would work. Should he lock her up? No, she might find a way to hurt herself. Should he call someone? Yes! But who? The police? They wouldn't believe him, surely, and it'd be considered assault.

Jaz saw him panicking, and just groaned.

"How about you call that Remmington doctor girl, hm?" he suggested. "She might know what to do here." he told him.

"Right!" Levi responded.

He then grabbed his phone and dialed Kiah's cell number, not really caring if he was interrupting anything.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 05:29:47 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Sure enough, Kiah was in the middle of a meeting with someone else, and rejected teh call.

However, Levi didn't stop. He called, repeatedly.

"Excuse me." Kiah said after a moment before sighing and grabbing her phone. She stepped just outside of her office before answering it.

"Levi? What's going on?" She asked, her voice a touch annoyed, but nothing extreme. She realised with repeated calls, it must be important, crucial.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 05:51:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Kiah, help!" was the first thing she heard Levi say in a panicked tone.

"Ally! She... she's unconscious. I hit her with a bat." he said further, before pausing.

"Wait!" he exclaimed. "It's not like that!" he insisted, quickly continuing on.

"Her shadow demon friend came up to me because he got separated from her and said that I needed to go and see her because something was wrong and I did and when I got to her she was burning herself so I put out the fire but she said she needs to correct the mistakes of the past and I told her she shouldn't do that but she kept saying it had to be done and then her shadow demon partner said there's something weird attached to her but he doesn't know what it is and then she pushed away from me and started to leave so I panicked and hit her in the head with a bat to make sure she wouldn't hurt herself and now she's unconscious and I don't know what to do now!" he then told her in one long drawn-out sentence.

"...." Jaz was silent as he heard THAT, before shaking his head.

"Well, that's ONE way to unload a lot of information fast..." he muttered, wondering if Kiah would have retained ANY of that.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 05:54:25 )

Kiah was silent a moment before pinching the bridge of her nose.

"All right, first off.... breathe." She tol dhim.

"Seriously. Take a good long breath. You sound like you need it." She added, but didn't say anything more before she heard him do just that.

"Now, what you're saying is that Alyssa is unconscious due to you smacking her with a bat for her own protection, right?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 06:14:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi was silent for a moment, before doing exactly as she told him.

She heard him inhale, hold it for a moment, and then exhale. He did it again, and one more time.

"...yes." he then said.

"Yes, that sums it up nicely." he told her, his tone still having underlying panic to it.

"And I don't know what to do now." he said.

"Please help me. Send someone here to get her and put her under some sort of protection." he pleaded.

"She wouldn't listen to reason. She just... seemed hell-bent on... on..." he went on, unable to finish the sentence, yet Kiah knew where he was going with it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 06:16:22 )

Kiah just sighed, heavily.

"I get it." She assured him.

"I'm going to go and talk to Sharp. She will either have someone arriv to pick her up, OR will suddenly vanish due to mana usage." She told him honestly.

"I'm not sure. :lease, just keep your wits about you. We'll take care of her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 06:36:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Okay." Levi responded.

"All right, I'll do that. Thank you." he said.

"And sorry... I... I didn't mean to interrupt what you were doing..." he then apologised.

Meanwhile, Jaz just looked at Ally's unconscious body, and narrowed his eyes.

'...what ARE you...?' he thought.

'You're no demon. And THEY didn't seem to have any effect on you. I didn't even think that possible...' he thought further, as he kept his eye on her shadow, but maintained his distance.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 06:40:22 )

"Levi, don't worry about it. I mean it." Kiah assured him.

"I told you that if you ever need me, and it's important, if I don't answer, keep calling. I will answer when that happenes." She continued. "So please, don't fret. Anyway, I am going to hang up here and get the ball rolling for Ally." After he'd agreed, she did as she said she would, she hung up, sighed, and made her way back into her office.

"I am so sorry about that." She said with a smile as she made her way back to her desk.

"Please give me another few minutes to sort something out." As she spoke, she was typing a message to Hal, as she knew he was quite quick on the draw with that.

Alyssa Duchannes needs help. If I may utilise your unique skillset for quicker help for her... I wish she was in the medwing. If not, please arrange for someone to go, as I am busy for the moment and cannot do it myself.

Thank you.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 06:55:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal looked at the text, before responding quickly.

So be it. he replied.

He then paused, and picked up his desk phone, calling the medical wing.

"Hello, Dr. Edwards?" he said when Angela answered.

"Please let me know what room I can teleport a patient into." he told her.

"It seems Miss Duchannes needs it." he went on.

"No, I do not not any more details than that."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 06:59:17 )

Thank you. Kiah replied with before getting back to what she'd been doing before, even if there was an element of concern to her now. However, it was not enough to interfere with her work.

--

"12B." Was the reply that Hal received.

"Feel free to send anytime. The room was just cleaned earlier today."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 07:21:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Thank you." Hal replied.

"She's there now." he told her, snapping his fingers, and knowing that Ally would be there in the blink of an eye.

"Do let me know how she's doing." he went on.

"Damages, prognosis and such." he continued.

"Again, thank you." he finished, before they ended the call and he hung up.

Levi, meanwhile, had decided that he should go to the Unit, as he knew there would be questions. And plenty of them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 07:29:49 )

"Thank you." She said before they ended the call. She sighed before making her way there, making sure she had some basic things in order to do some initial triage and care, before getting to work properly.

--

She made her way up to the main office with a sigh, before knocking on the door, ignoring the receptionist as she usually did. There was a decent amount of damage, and some readings were just... weird. She couldn't tell what was going on, but at least it seemed like she would be all right, if nothing else.

Once she was beckoned to enter, she did.

"She's alive, first and foremost." She started. "She has some minor burning on her foot, lower leg, and hands, along with some bruising on her head."

"... Do you know what happened?" She asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 07:57:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal shook his head.

"No." he replied.

"I don't." he responded.

"Dr. Remmington was the one that texted me about this in the first place, and I know she is in the middle of a very big meeting right now. Or she should still be, anyway." he continued. "So I am not going to pester her about it." he reasoned.

"However, I DID received a call from Levi." he then told her.

"He's on his way here as we speak, and should be able to provide answers."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 07:59:40 )

"Well, at least there's that, I suppose." She said after a moment or two before sighing.

"I'm just... shocked. What the hell caused the burns, is what I'm most wondering. The bruising is probably because of falling after getting burned." She reasoned.

"Do you want me ot hang around or head out?" She then asked.

"If heading out, could you let m know what is going on once you know it?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 08:25:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal shook his head.

"I received the call a bit ago." he said.

"He should be here any moment." he told her, before his receptionist buzzed him to tell him that Levi was there.

"Send him in." he told her.

The door was then opened, and Levi slowly stepped in.

"....how is she?" he asked Angela when he saw her.

"She gonna be okay?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 08:26:15 )

Angela looked over to Levi and nodded.

"Yeah. She'll survive. " She answered.

"She's resting... well, still unconscious... in the medwing." She added.

"What happened?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 08:47:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yes, I would very much like to know that as well." Hal chimed in, gesturing for Levi to take a seat.

Levi did so, and was quiet for a moment.

"Ally... she... she severed ties with her shadow demon." he told them.

"He came to me, said I needed to check on her. I did... and... and she was burning herself." he said further. "Said that that's what she deserved, and that she was rectifying the mistakes of the past." he went on.

"I stopped her, and tried to get her to see that that wasn't true, and she has people that love her." he then went on. "But she wouldn't listen. She pushed away from me and started to leave." he continued.

"...I panicked and hit her with a baseball bat to stop her from doing the unthinkable..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 08:49:03 )

Angela was silent for a moment, and if Levi was expecting some sort of judgement, it didn't come. Instead, she looked over to Hal.

"...... Think it's the same as the Aedan and Ty?" She asked.

"If it is, she'll likely wake and be fine, but who knows what the iniital cause was." She added before pausing.

"Might be worhtwhile to see if Az can get any information from her companion."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 09:04:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Indeed." Hal agreed.

"Her former companion actually told me something." Levi chimed in.

"Oh?" Hal asked him.

"He... he said he saw... something... attached to Ally." Levi told them.

"...something?" Hal asked. "Did he say anything MORE?" he asked him.

"No." Levi said.

"He said he couldn't. He couldn't make out what it was. Like... he didn't know. He'd never seen anything like it before, and couldn't make sense of whatever it was." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 09:07:30 )

"..... Maybe Miki's shadow companion could help?" Angela suggested, looking to Hal.

"I know that he's been beneficial at a few points." she added. Hal just hsook his head.

"He's unreachable for the moment." he told her honestly. "Some sort of collection of them that he's part of to make sure they don't invade here again."

"... oh."

"Doubt he'd be able to help anyhow." Hal then admitted with a sigh.

"Well, I have no more ideas. I'd put money down your usual avenues have turned up nothing." Angela commented before pausing.

".... I might have an idea, actually..."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.