Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Favorite Harvest Moon/Story Of Seasons Game?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 21:01:27 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I LOVE old school harvest moon and new school story of season games! Which one is your favorite and why? Personally I love Animal Parade on the Wii the most.

It was the best because you had love rivals! If you weren't fast enough you could lose someone you wanted to romance to someone else, and they had kids of their own! It was a very flushed out great game with characters and choices, plus the world was fun to explore as it was.

10/10

would play again if they remastered.

...If you wanna keep your head

Donator — Whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/26 02:58:00 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Mineral Town!
The female one was the one I started with. Also had the rival thing, though it seems in the Switch remake, which is very hnnnngh nostalgia, took that aspect out

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/27 05:36:30 )
It's hard to say which is my favorite... they've gotten me through some tough times though. There's just something relaxing and comforting about playing them.

I haven't really gotten to play Animal Parade, but I always wanted to marry the wizard. (//ω//) He just seems so sweet.

I did play the Mineral Town remake and am really enjoying it since I didn't play the original. I am kinda bummed they took out rivals though.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/27 18:09:34 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@Priestess of Pie:

The Wizard was 100% my fave and must marry of the game. (And because I married him no one else was spouseless of the NPCs)

IDK why they started removing love rivals in new games, I always thought it just made things more fun to have them, give it a challenge but not really since most people know who they are going to marry before they even get the game. (Looking at you Reina from the new game).

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/27 18:24:22 )
@fading kings: I read somewhere that rivals were unpopular among Japanese players so that's probably why. I just like that you're not the only one that gets married. It's cute.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/27 18:28:23 )
Oh, but yeah I usually have a good idea who I'm going after but this time I'm not sure... I need to know more about them first. (I also wanna know who the secrets are)

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 19:59:31 )

To start with, I think I've only played Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (GameCube), Harvest Moon DS Cute (DS), Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl (PSP), Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning (3DS), and Story of Seasons (3DS). I think I'll play Pioneers of Olive Town when it comes out as well.

I enjoyed them all, but my favorite has to be Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. Part of it might just be nostalgia since it was the first Harvest Moon game I played, but I remember having so much fun playing it. Also, I think it's the only one where I played as a guy since it was the only option. I wasn't bothered by it, although I do remember being excited to play Harvest Moon DS Cute and have a female character. Also, I didn't play the last two on the list as much as the first three.

★~~Questing~~★

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.