Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Manipulation

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 07:03:55 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel thought for a moment.

"I'll come pick it up." he said.

"If you finish early... well... send a prayer." he told her. "I'll receive it." he said.

"And... thanks." he finished.

He then took a few steps back, and disappeared from where he was, leaving her alone with the feathers.

And more than a few questions about the request he'd made. But given what Zeke had told her recently about his friend Erica, and how she had a new archangel guardian... she could make some educated guesses.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 07:08:03 )

Aimee just chuckled lightly.

Seemed that whatever was going on with him, was certainly a good thing. She'd never seen him actually ask her for help before, nevermind not be an ass.

--

It took about six days before Aimee finished. She'd sent a prayer and was sitting in her backyard with the pillow in a rather nice box, waiting for the angels arrival.

"Wonder if I did it well enough." She muttered, glancing over to the box for a moment before returning to the book she was reading.

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 07:28:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

About 5 seconds after she sent it, she saw the familiar pillar of light, and Gabriel appeared a few metres in front of her.

"It's done?" he asked.

"Take a look." Aimee replied, setting the book down after marking her place, and handing the box to him.

"...huh." Gabe muttered, accepting it. "Nice box." he commented, peeking inside.

"...and that looks perfect." he told her, reaching in and testing it with his hand. "Feels as it should." he went on. "I'd say it feels super comfortable, but my perception of that is skewed, but I'd imagine that this feels perfect." he commented.

"But the real opinion that matters is the one that'll be using it." he continued.

"...thank you, Aimee." he then said to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 07:31:29 )

That was a first, and it caught Aimee by surprise. However, she did her best to have it that he couldn't tell, and that he didn't see the surprise at being thanked on her face.

"Anytime, Gabriel." She said with a soft smile, sincerity in her voice.

"You are family, after all."

"Ah, right. If there are any issues with the pillow, do let me know. If I need to fix anything, I can and will do so."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 07:51:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel nodded in response.

"All right." he said.

"I'll remember that." he told her.

With that, he disappeared from where he was, pillow in hand... but one thing was different from the other times he'd disappeared from her presence. Instead of leaving nothing behind, a single feather was left to flutter down and either disappear or be caught by her.

The only other time he'd done so was when he'd saved her from that fire so very long ago.

And now... he'd done it again.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 07:54:05 )

Aimee was close enough to where Gabe had vanished from, that it'd been nothing for her to catch the feather.

"... huh." She muttered, not entirely sure waht to make of that, but also not really worrying about it.

---

Erica was sitting on her couch, just channel surfing. She'd been having a hard time find any reason to do much lately, and she knewi t was because of how tired she was. The lack of sleep for the past bit was most certainly catching up to her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 08:16:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After however long of surfing the channels and finding nothing... mostly from being tired and distracted... she heard a knock at her back door.

"Hey!" she heard Gabriel call in. He'd been respecting her privacy more, now that things had calmed down, and she did appreciate that.

"Door's open!" she called back.

"In the den!" he said further.

She then heard the door open and shut, and a few seconds later, he approached her, box in hand.

"I got something for you." he told her, offering it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 08:18:13 )

Erica was silent before just turning the tv off.

"Eh?" She asked as she looked over.

"Firstly, hello. Good to see you again. Secondly, you have something for me?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 08:46:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel was silent for a moment, before setting the proffered box down on the couch, beside her, with her cat sniffing at it wildly.

"Hello." he responded. "Good to see you, too." he smiled.

"And yeah, I do." he told her.

"I know you've been having trouble sleeping lately." he said.

"I figured I'd get you something to help with that."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 08:49:02 )

Erica was silent, looking between the box and him

"... Why?" She asked, her voice curious. Grateful, but curious as she almost hesitantly pulled the box closer to her. It was shockingly light for how large it was. If anything it confused her.

What the hell could be inside?

She looked up to Gabe, who nodded and motioned for her to open it, before she did.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 09:04:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Inside she found what looked to be a gorgeous pillow. It looked like just the perfect size for her bed, and like she could really comfortably rest her head and shoulder on it, if she so wanted.

"Because... well... I care about you." Gabe responded.

"I... don't like the thought of you having sleepless nights, night after night." he went on.

"And I really wanted to help you." he finished, as she grabbed it and took it out of the box.

And the first thing she noticed was that it was the absolute softest pillow she had ever touched in her life... which was quickly followed by a sensation of being warm and safe... like she was protected from the horrors of her past, her curse, and her nightmares.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 09:07:50 )

"Oh... oh wow." Erica comented as she held the pillow before looking to Gabe.

"I... how?" She asked.

"How... how is it that... this is so much like you, in essence?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 09:25:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe just smiled.

"It's stuffed with my wing feathers." he told her.

"I know someone that... through her unique circumstances and mana, she is able to grab angel feathers and once she does, they solidify. And they won't dissolve or dissipate afterwards." he explained.

"So... I shed a bunch of my feathers and asked her to make a pillow out of it, as she's done it before, before herself, with one of my sibling's feathers." he said further.

"She recently finished it, so I brought it to you." he continued.

"Think of it as a way I can protect you, even when I'm not here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 12:03:55 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Erica was silent for a moment before just getting to her feet and making her way over to Gabe, leaving the pillow on the couch.

"... thank you. So much." She said, gratitude quite apparent in her voice.

"I will treasure it always." She then reached up, and just wrapped her arms around him. She would have stopped if he'd given any indication that that's what he wanted, but when he didn't, she didn't stop. She couldn't.

She just wanted to hold him for the moment, as that was the easiest way to show her appreciation... and there was something more, but she didn't know what it was.

Something new.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:32:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel returned the embrace and held her close. He felt her heart beating so close to him, and something stirred in him once more, stronger than before. It was almost like when he had stayed close to her while she slept the first time, but... different. The first one reminded him of his previous love, and had made him long for her, while wondering something about Erica. THIS one told him something else about Erica. Something FAR more definite.

"..." he was silent for a moment, before biting his lip.

He knew he had to say this. If he didn't, who knows when he would be able to.

"The... the truth is..." he started to say, trailing off a little, wondering how to word this.

"I also... wanted to do this... because the thought of your suffering... pains me." he told her. "I... I have this feeling. This feeling that... if I don't help you, then your time in this world will be cut short. Very soon." he went on. "And the thought of THAT makes me... miserable. Miserable, angry, and... well... sad." he continued. "And... I remember feeling like this before. This exact same way in the past, so long ago." he told her further.

"...the last time I felt like this, I wanted to spend the rest of that person's life with her." he revealed. "They... ended up disappearing, but that's not the point right now." he quickly clarified.

"The point right now... is that I feel the same way about you." he then admitted.

"I am Gabriel. I used to be nothing more than God's Love." he said. "But over countless years, decades, centuries, millennia, I've grown and developed into my own person. With my own love to give to others." he told her.

"And... I want to share MY love with YOU, Erica." he finally said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:37:51 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Erica was silent for a moment, not moving, at first seeming to be not breathing, for that matter.

"Thank you, Gabriel." Was all she said for a few seconds, just holding him closer. She didn't really know what the concept of love was, hadn't really had a chance for it in the past, and certainly didn't know what it was to expect with it.

So she wouldn't say it, not for the moment at least.

But... she couldn't deny what she felt, how close she felt to him, and how important he'd quickly found himself becoming for her.

Even if she didn't know how to word it, exactly.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.