Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Manipulation

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 00:26:55 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal accepted the drive, plugged it into his computer, brought up the file, watched it, and was silent afterwards for a few moments.

"....I see." he then said.

"This is... concerning, most certainly." he told her.

"Mildly alarming, would probably be a better way of putting it." he went on.

"Has anything been discovered about this?" he asked her.

"Any traces of anything found in her office, or on HER?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 00:29:03 )

"Not so far. However, I saw that and brought it here immediately. I have no t orchestrated the search yet." Angela told him honestly.

"There was nothing unusual in the initial tests when she arrived in the medwing though." She added after a moment or two.

"And I doubt we will find much anything else. I think someone has already been in to clean the blood in her office."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 00:50:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Hal mumbled.

"Well, be sure to question Agent Windsor when she awakens." he told her.

"After ascertaining her wellbeing, of course." he stated.

"Still... this is certainly strange." he went on.

"I wonder if her curse is responsible..." he mused, pausing for a moment.

"...though I've never heard of it doing THAT before." he then admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 00:54:19 )

"I worry about a virus, or someone not playing nicely." Angela admitted after a few seconds.

"I will find out what I can, but I would appreciate if you could keep an eye and ear out as well." She stated.

"Do you know of anyone who could do something like this, perhaps?"

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 01:22:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal shook his head.

"I do not." he responded.

"I don't think so, anyway..." he then said.

"I'll check my sources and files for anything or anyone that might be able to." he assured her.

"For now, if you are concerned it's a virus, then have Virgil tested immediately, and have a team do a sweep of the interrogation department." he continued.

"If you find anything like that, we may need to enter lockdown proceedings."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 01:27:51 )

Angela nodded.

"I plan on it." was all she said for a few seconds.

"I'll let you know if anything is found." was the last thing she said before taking her leave from him, and heading off. She did have stuff to do, after all.

--

Sometime later, Virgil made his way into the medwing to find Angela at the front desk.

"Ah, just who I was waiting for." She said, getting to her feet.

"Sorry to interrupt your day, but come with me. Need to check a few things with you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 01:53:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Virgil was silent for a moment, before shrugging.

"Sure." he said.

"Whatever you say." he said further, following her.

"What's going on?" he asked. "I had a checkup last month, so... can't be that." he reasoned.

"So what's the deal?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 01:57:46 )

Angela led him into a private area before sighing.

"It just want some of your blood, to be candid." She told him.

"Just in case it was a virus or bacteria that caused Erica to collapse as she did." As she spoke, she was making susre she had everything she neded.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 02:29:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh..." Virgil responded.

"Oh, sure." he told her.

"Yeah, makes sense." he said further, sighing quietly.

He hated needles and syringes, and she knew that... but he did he best to remain calm and composed, despite feeling uncomfortable and slightly afraid. He then shook his head and looked around.

"How is Erica doing, anyway?" he asked.

"She gonna be okay?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 02:56:52 )

"She should be, but she's still unconscious." Angela answered as she finished what she was doing.

"All right, you're done." she said. "Didn't trigger too badly this time, I hope."

"However, we do not know what happened with Erica, so I want to rule out a virus that you may have contracted from her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 03:19:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just sighed.

"No, not too bad this time." he said.

"And fair enough, I can understand that." he admitted.

"...certainly hope it's not a virus or something." he went on, before pausing.

"But... if it IS, at least it's an answer." he then mumbled.

"At this point, answers would be great."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 03:21:02 )

Angela just sighed.

"Completely agree." She said.

"Now, you're free to leave." She continued. "Or if you want to go and see Erica, you may." She added before telling him where the woman was.

"Beyond that, I am going to go and get a start on initial tests for this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 03:43:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Virgil was silent for a moment, before nodding.

"Cool." he said.

"I have some papers to go through, but I'll stop by and check on Erica before I go." he told her.

"...man, walking in and seeing her like that was frightening." he then said further. "Possibly the most scared I've been in... a while, actually. Easily. Maybe ever." he added candidly.

About a month later, and Azazel was making his way to a café to grab something to eat, and something for Aedan.

She'd recovered from whatever it was that had downed her, and it was deemed to not be a virus, and no other presences were discovered or found on the premises. It was chalked up to her being overworked... though she DID seem to have 1 or two short blanks in her memory since then. She didn't mention them, though, as they were extremely short, and she hadn't ended up getting hurt over them.

It WAS strange and concerning for her, though. Not that HE knew about it.

He stepped through the door and saw Erica sitting at one of the booths, smiled, and made his way over.

"Hey." he greeted her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 03:54:35 )

Erica was silent, seeming to be paying more attention to the mug of coffee she had in her hands. It wasn't until he'd laid a hand on her that she'd looked up.

"Oh. Hello." She greeted, not saying anything more for the moment. She'd been seeming more and more withdrawn, subdued, and even vacant to an extent. She was still doing her work, but it didn't have the same effort and care as usual. However, it hadn't reached a hazardous point yet. Mostly, it was just all her little notes that she normally jotted down were missing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 04:17:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Azazel was silent for a moment, a little confused and concerned by her curt response.

"Heya." he replied, smiling again.

"Nice to see you out and about." he commented.

"Fancy meeting you here, though." he then chuckled. "I was grabbin' some stuff for myself and Aedan. If I'd known you were coming here, I would have asked if you wanted to meet up." he continued.

"How ya holdin' up?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 04:22:45 )

Erica was silent.

"I'm fine." she answered.

"Thank you." She added after a few seconds. She didn't say anything more though, which was odd. She'd normally be asking about how he and Aedan were doing, or Cain, or anything at all. This time though... there really wasn't much at all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 04:50:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Azazel was confused. And a little concerned.

"Uh... hm." he mumbled.

"So... whatcha gettin'?" he asked.

"Oh, and want to meet up for coffee and some point in the future?" he asked her.

"Maybe early next week or something?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 04:53:37 )

"Ah. I'm busy." Erica stated after a few seconds, but didn't offer any other information.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" She then asked.

"If not, I would like to be left alone, thank you." Even with her arm, the worst days, she was never like this.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 05:15:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her words hit him, and hard. She'd never acted this way before. Not to him, not to anyone.

He wondered if he had done something wrong.

"...Erica...?" he asked quietly.

"Yes?" she asked in response, slight annoyance in her tone now.

"...never mind." Azazel said.

"Sorry... to have bothered you." he added, his tone a little on the dejected side.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 05:20:33 )

He waited only a few seconds before sighing and leaving, not sure what it was that had happened to his friend, but also not liking it.

As he went to get his order, he watched her, but he didn't see anyone arrive before he left. She was just sitting there, alone. She said she was waiting for someone, and as far as he could tell... sh was still waiting.

Although the possibility of her having told him to fuck off, in essence, stinging, and puzzling him.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.