Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Manipulation

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 06:42:23 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe paused as he realised what he had said, but before he had a chance to stumble over his words, potentially, she complimented him on the pasta he had served her, causing him to sigh quietly.

'Thank heavens...' he thought.

"And thank you." he told her. "Also, you're welcome." he added, as Erica's cat started sniffing at the bowl and food within.

He then popped the top off of the bottle he brought, and poured a pale, translucent liquid from it, into the glass... similar to someone pouring wine for another. She also noted that it was carbonated, or seemed to be. Like champagne.

"Here." he said, offering it to her, as the bubbles rose out and popped around her face gently... and as they did so, she felt a small sense of clarity and refreshment on her skin.

"It's... well, it'll help 'detoxify' you, a little." he explained. "And it goes with the pasta." he continued.

"Non-alcoholic, too." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 06:43:40 )

Erica didn't say anything for a moment before looking around.

"Are you not eating?" She asked.

"Surely you made enough for yourself as well..."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 07:05:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe paused again for a moment.

"Oh!" he exclaimed.

"I did make more, but... well... I was going to leave it for you for later as a surprise." he told her.

"But if you'd like company while you eat, then I'll gladly join you." he said.

Erica just smiled and nodded, to state she would like him to eat alongside her. Gabe just nodded in response, and got up and left to get himself some, as the feline stuck its nose in the bowl, purring softly as it did so.

Gabe then returned with another bowl of pasta, smirking at the cat.

"Ah, the true compliment to a chef." he said with a light laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 07:14:48 )

"He's easy to please." Erica commented.

"Don't take his word or actions as any sort of denotation of it being good." She didn't move the cat though, let him sniff and try the sauce.

"Seriously though, thank you." She added.

---

She sighed as she sat at her desk, rubbing her temples. She had one hell of a headache brewing, but she couldn't leave, not yet. It was a stupid hour of the morning, and she wanted to head home, but she had to finish this paperwork first. When she looked at the clock and saw that it was 2:57am, she just sighed, again.

"Damn it all." She muttered before looking around. She was the last one in the room, the department, and she wasn't too surprised. Usually it was Roxie, but not this time. She'd actually managed to outlast the demon, somehow.

2:58am.

"I should go get some coffee... this is going to take me another hour, easily." She muttered before getting to her feet. She made her way off to the kitchenette that they had there, and started to prepare some. It was instant coffee, unfortunately, but it wasn't something that she was too surprised about. At this hour, there was no need to have some real stuff going.

2:59am.

She made her way back to her desk with her mug of coffee, but didn't sit down. She just grabbed the notes she had as she set the mug down, stayed on her feet, and started to look them over. She felt the need to stretch from being seated for so long.

3:00am.

Erica froze, the notes falling from her hands as she lost grip, as her mind was torn elsewhere for the moment.

And then she collapsed, hitting her desk on the way down.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 07:46:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

At about 7am, a male stepped into the interrogation wing, yawning loudly. He had slightly paler than normal skin, looked like he could use some sun, but nothing alarming. He had soft green eyes, bags under them, and looked a little on the lanky side, with short grey hair, though he looked to be in his early 30's.

He looked around and saw that the light in Erica's office was still on, and raised an eyebrow.

"Eh?" he muttered.

"Erica!?" he called to her, knocking on the door.

No answer.

"Hey, everything all ri-" he started to ask as he opened the door, before freezing as he saw the woman laying on the floor, motionless, a small puddle of red by her head.

"Good lord!" he exclaimed, making his way over and taking out his cell phone, calling the medical wing.

"Erica Windsor is unconscious and bleeding on the floor!" he said to whoever answered, he didn't let them say much before he spoke.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 07:49:20 )

"Medteam on their way." was the reply he received.

"Give me any information you have. Is she breathing? How much blood, anything at all." There wasn't impatience to the persons voice, and he heard some typing through the phone. Obviously she was putting this into the system so that this could be handled properly.

"If she is not breathing, I'll guide you through CPR."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 08:05:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He was silent as he checked Erica over, going through her other vitals as well.

"She is." he said.

"Faint, but steady." he told them.

"Obviously has a pulse as well." he continued, before looking at her desk.

"Looks like she may have passed out or tripped, and banged her head on the desk." he then reported.

"No, I don't know for how long." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 08:09:26 )

The one on the other end just sighed lightly.

"Well, that's pleasant."[/] She commented.

[b]"Should be easy enough to take care of, at the very least."
She added as he heard a voice from the entryway of the room.

"Where an I heading!?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 08:29:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, they're here." he said to them.

"Thank you." he finished, before ending the call.

He then made his way to Erica's office door, and poked his head out.

"Alicja!" he called to her.

"Erica's office!" he said further.

Alicja was a friend of his, but generally just within work walls. They would sometimes eat lunch together, chat when they had breaks, but outside of the Unit? Not much. He liked her company, though. Was appreciative of it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 08:35:50 )

The black haired woman made her way over, not entirely sure what to expect. She was silent, waving slightly, as she got on the floor bey Erica to check her over.

"You found her like this." She asked as she did what it was that she was doing.

"I did." he answered. Alicja nodded.

"If the dried blood is anything to go by, she's been here for a bit." She added before looking around, noticing the coffee, and resting her hand on the mug.

"Cold coffee, too."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 08:59:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I reported it as soon as I found it." he told her.

"She's breathing, though." he said further.

"Looks like she knocked her head... hard... and passed out." he went on.

"Anyway, just tell me what you need me to do, and I'll do it." he told her.

"If there's anything I CAN do..." he added with a small sigh.

"If it'd be better if I just stay back, tell me." he continued, looking off to the side.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 09:01:29 )

Alicja nodded, and it didn't take long before they were gone, leaving him alone by Erica's desk.

Sometime later, Angela made her way to security to find Jake.

"Need security camera footage." She said simply.

"Any chance you want to help a blonde out?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 09:24:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake looked over towards her, and nodded.

"Yep." he said, getting up from his desk. He called someone to take his place, before he and Angela made their way to a smaller room filled with screens and monitors. He sat down at the desk, and cracked his knuckles.

"Tell me what you need." he told her.

"Where and when." he said.

"Interrogation department. Between midnight and 7am." Angela responded.

Jake nodded again, entered the data into the computer, and the necessary group of screens lit up.

"All right, let's watch." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 22:48:40 )

Sure enough, they found the clip in question, where Erica went and got to get her coffee, was pacing, checking things over.

And then when she dropped the notes.

When she fell.

".... what the hell happened...?" She wondered before sighing.

"Thanks, Jake. I need to go speak with Hal. Also, be careful. There might be .. something in the building that caused that. I don't know."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 23:18:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake just sighed and looked at her.

"Got it." he responded.

"I have no idea what that was, but it DID look concerning." he agreed.

"Need a copy to show Hal?" he then asked her.

"I can give you a thumb drive with the file on it, or do you just want me to email it directly to him?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 23:19:48 )

"A htumb would be easier, I think." Angela answered.

"as it is always possible that I would reach there after he's already checked it, and has questions." she added.

"Thanks, Jake."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 23:41:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake nodded in response, and a few seconds later, handed her a thumb drive with the file on it.

"Here." he said.

"Hope you find out what caused it." he told her.

"And if it's a threat to anyone else." he added.

"Good thing Virgil showed up when he did, it seems, too." he went on.

"She was laying there for a few hours, at least."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 23:44:43 )

"Going to have to check him over, make sure it's nothing that can be passed from one person to another, and all that." Angela said with a sigh.

"And thanks. I'm going to go give Hal a heads up for this." She added after a few seconds. With that, she was gone.

She made her way upstairs to Hal's office, before knocking on the door, as it seemed his receptionist was out for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 00:05:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Who is it?" she heard Hal call from behind the door.

"Dr. Edwards." she responded.

"Door's open." he said.

She then opened the door and entered his office, shutting the door behind her.

"Welcome." Hal greeted her.

"I assume this is about Erica?" he asked.

"How is she doing?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/18 00:07:44 )

"Well, Erica is all right, however she hasn't woken yet." Angela answered honestly.

"But I am here with something potentially alarming." She said before holding the thumb drive out o him.

"Check the footage on here."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.