Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat So me is on this discord server

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/6 22:31:33 )

And it's a great server really but one thing. We have a music booth were we can lisen to music together. Earlier today someone invited me to join. Well hey why not. I added some songs and at one point one of my songs came up. Someone wanted to skip it and then 3 other voted to skip as well so it got skipped. Why invite me to join if you are just going to skip a song I've added? It just makes me not wanne join again.

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/6 23:44:21 )
Man, what is even the point of having something like that where you can share stuff, when you can just skip over it and be a dick? :/ At that point it's just listening to your own music.

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/6 23:53:48 )

I'd understand more if they were skipping each other's songs as well, but if they only skipped your songs, which I assume is the case, then that's very odd. If that happened to me then I'd kind of wonder why they were only skipping my songs. Unless my songs were really different than the songs everyone else there seemed to be suggesting, in which case it could just be that they don't like my taste in songs, which would be fine of course. Everyone has different tastes. If it were for sure a targeted action against me though due to them not liking me or such then I'd probably distance myself from those people. How have your other interactions with these people been outside of this incident? Have you noticed them behaving oddly toward you in other situations as well?

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/7 09:12:11 )
Man that's shitty. :c This is why I tend to stay away from discord servers. The ones I am on I tend to just lurk.
If someone skipped over my song after inviting me, I'd leave. It would make me feel unwanted but also that my music tastes sucked.
Comic | Cosplay

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/8 22:49:16 )

@Starlight: Most of the people that were also in the music booth are people I regular talk to. And it always goes well.
@Ava: Yeh me too.
@Bioshock: Exacly.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/8 23:22:36 )

@vengeance: Hm, that's odd then. Did they say anything when they skipped it? Or did you try asking them why they skipped it? If it seems to go against their usual behavior then maybe it was just a poorly thought out action on their part. If you express your displeasure with their action and they do it again then I'd be worried about it being an intentional snub though. If they still do it after knowing that it bothers you then I think that says a lot

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/9 00:39:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

It could just be a misunderstanding. It may just be they just didn't like the song
as people do have different taste in music. I'm sure they did not mean any harm by it.

You can always talk to them about it privately tho if it persists to only all of your songs being skipped.
If it was just one, im sure they didn't intentionally do it to hurt you.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.