Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Ever get a song stuck in your head?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 03:08:46 )
@Kitalpha Hart: this is true. I can almost understand it when the lyrics are obscured by the music but the songs where the lyrics are clear and obvious...?

Donator — Whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 03:11:12 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Wildfire: that specific song, only the main bit is really belted out, the rest kinda has a low soothing tone so you don't give it much of an ear

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 03:13:07 )
@Kitalpha Hart: I guess...

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 03:46:23 )
Do you ever get a song stuck in your head?
- All the time.

If you do, do you usually know where the song came from (why it's there)?
- Almost always, but sometimes I do get random ones. I always recognize the tune at least.

Is it something you've recently heard or listened to? Or was it background music that somehow seeped in to your brain without realizing it?
- Usually it's something I've heard recently, although occasionally I'll get one I haven't heard in forever.

Do you mind it when a song gets stuck in your head? Or do you enjoy it? Does it matter what song or type of song gets stuck?
- I don't normally mind as long as it's not an annoying song. Sometimes it'll be a random ad jingle, and sometimes it'll be a song I heard on whatever media I was engaged in recently. Doesn't matter what type of song--the usual way I get it OUT of my head is to listen to it. Somehow that almost always works.

Do you hear more than one or two lines of the song, or is it on endless repeat?
- It depends on how familiar I am with the song or what type of song (with or without lyrics). Sometimes if I'm not super familiar with the lyrics, it'll be just the ones I remember and then the tune of the song. And it's usually on endless repeat until I go out of my way to listen to the song (see above answer).
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 14:08:18 )
@Aisukohi: Hi Aisu.

@koneko: I agree words or phrases seem to be less common -or at least less commonly recognized. It's hard to tell which. I suspect that it's more a matter of recognition than occurrence - songs are easily recognizable, and although they can be random, are more easily explained "Oh, I must have heard that on the radio or in the elevator or at the store"... but they do happen. At least to me. Numbers too, sometimes. Do you get the numbers too?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 19:50:20 )
@koneko: That happens to me sometimes too (the visuals). My mind tends to "slide" away from numbers and math but I still get random numbers popping in to my head sometimes.

So weird. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.