Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Darkened Heartbeats

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/11 09:05:26 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

After a moment or two, Ilias approached her.

"Hey." he replied.

"Thank you for coming." he told her, able to sense the immense power within her.

"...how are you feeling?" he asked.

"I mean... well... yeah. How are you?" he repeated.

"Been... holding up well enough?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/11 09:07:31 )

"I'm... alive..." Jordan answered.

"And I think that might be the best you're going to get." She added after a moment with a sigh.

"Anyway, lead the way. I just... really hope that this works." He could hear it too, the... well, not quite desperation, but the desire, the hope, that this wouldn't be all for naught.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/11 09:30:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well... I'll take it." Ilias sighed.

He then led her through the department, until they reached a large room, where Kiah already was. But not Cameron.

"We had a hunter help us with this." Ilias told her. "However... well... suffice to say, while his goal was identical to ours, he did not wish to spend much more time with us." he went on.

"Long story." he muttered further, shaking his head slightly.

"But! We think we have a compound that will drastically reduce the speed of what's happening to you will... happen." he told her.

"As it stands, you have... er... well, as of now, weeks to a month." he continued. "With this, we should be able to extend that to outright YEARS." he assured her with a smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/11 09:34:47 )

Jordan nodded.

"That... would be amazing. Because it's getting to the point where even keeping a coherent thought some days." She said simply.

"Well, this should definitely help with that." Kiah commented with a light smile.

"Well, let's get this show on the road then." Jordan said with a bit of a sigh.

"Just tell me where to go and what to do."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/11 20:09:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias nodded at her in response, and set to drawing out a rune-like design on the floor, with everything culminating in a triangle shape in the middle of it.

"Step into the triangle." he told her.

"We'll then give you something to imbibe." he went on.

"Once you do, we'll put specific mana into the markings, and they should react to what you took in." he continued.

"And after that... well... it's just a matter of letting the compound and markings do their thing."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 00:21:26 )

Jordan was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah... yeah, all right." She said.

"I can definitely do that. Easy enough. I just hope it works." She added after a moment or two before stepping upto and into where she was directed to.

It was just a matter of doing it.

---

A couple of hours later, they were still waiting, before they weren't. All of a sudden, Kiah's rune exploded from within her, spreading across the floor far faster than she'd ever had happen before with a cry.

And to make it worse, it was spreading through the walls, into the hall, and farther.

The one she was on the phone with likely felt it, even if not as strongly.

"I..." She started, her words failing. She could barely even think for the moment, nevermind anything else.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 02:03:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"KIAH!" the one on the other end shouted, but the sheer force of it all was too much. It seemed she couldn't really say anything any longer, and it felt like the very structure of the building was being pushed to its very limits. Which was a feat in and of itself.

And he knew what this could mean. He knew what it DID mean. Something had gone wrong with the process.

And indeed it had. VERY wrong. Instead of slowing down the process, it had accelerated it. Immensely. There was nobody else in the department except Ilias and Jordan, and Jordan seemed to be immune from the effects of Kiah's rune right now. But Ilias wasn't. He felt his soul started to quickly and violently be torn from his body, and it would be mere seconds before he became a chain link, if Kiah didn't stop.

However, at that point, it seemed like time and space itself warped before him and Jordan, and a man clad in light blue jeans, worn grey sneakers, a shirt with the sleeves torn off, a small satchel over his shoulder, and a strange technological device that looked like a massively oversized watch on one of his wrists. His skin was almost that of a Spanish permanent tan, his hair was a short and ruffled dirty blonde, with silver streaks throughout, and his eyes were a hollow white.

"What the!?" he exclaimed, seeing what was happening.

"SHIT!" he yelled, rushing towards Jordan and taking a large syringe out of his satchel. He got close to Jordan, doing his best to withstand the immense power surging from her, and jabbed the syringe into the base of her neck, injecting the dark green liquid into her completely and fully.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 02:37:16 )

Jordan was completely unresponsive when he did what he did. It wasn't anything too surprising, admittedly. If anything, he'd expected it. It didn't take long though, but that was something he expected, before it seemed that the mana coming off of her froze. A couple of seconds later, the rune below his feet (that he protections from due to the aura of mana from Jordan) faded. It flickered a few times, acquiring strength again, before it finally vanished.

Jordan was basically frozen where she was, but it, again, wasn't surprising.

He made his way over to the whiteboards as the other one in the room - Ilias - collapsed. After making sure he was all right, he started to write things down on the board.

Meanwhile, the one on the phone, Kiah, just took a few deep, laboured breathes.

"I..." she started.

"Are... are you ok?" She asked, concern in her voice, along with a definite exhaustion. She was going to fight through this to find out what it was that happened more specifically, and make sure that the others - Jordan and Illias - were ok.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 03:40:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one on the other side was silent for a moment.

"Yes." he replied.

"Are YOU all right?" he asked her.

"I... yeah. Yeah, I think so." Kiah responded.

"Good." he responded. "Now GO." he told her.

"Find out what the ever loving HELL that was!" he ordered. "And find out what's happening!" he demanded. "It felt like the process sped up, and now there's nothing!" he continued. "So go and find out what happened down there!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 04:17:20 )

"On it." was all Kiah said before hanging up, and heading to the other room, where it was that she'd left Jordan and Ilias. When she arrived though, she found Jordan, basically frozen in place, Ilias on the floor, and some new blonde at the whiteboards.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked as she made her way over to Ilias to make sure she was all right. Most traces of exhaustion were gone from her, almost instantly, once she saw the new person.

She had a suspicion that he was why her rune was controlable again, but she couldn't say for certain.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 04:31:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Someone that's here to help." he told her.

"He'll be fine." he then said, referring to Ilias.

"Now, what I did to her won't last very long, time is of the very essence here." he warned Kiah.

"So we need to get to work and make this compound." he continued.

"I've written the recipe for it, as well as the formulae necessary." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 04:34:42 )

Kiah was silent as she got to her feet again, as she'd crouched down to check on Ilias.

"..... All right.... what is the time limit?" She asked, her voice curious, concerned. If time was the of the essence, she knew that she'd have to work fast. She just needed to know how fast.

"We have under 30 minutes." Was his reply. Kiah froze a moment before sighing.

"Done deal. If you need an alchemist and Rev ain't an option, I'm the next best thing." Was all she said before getting to work. At this point, she didn't know if she could trust him, but she also didn't truly dare to not. Even she could feel that the situation with Jordan was ... precarious, to put it lightly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 05:06:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The newcomer nodded, and then looked around.

"Right." he said.

"At this point, you're the only one that can do this." he told her.

"We don't have the time to call someone else in."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 05:12:01 )

Kiah nodded.

"Let's just do what we can." She said simply.

She worked, diligently with his direction for about twenty minutes before nearly dropping a vial. She managed to catch it, not spill it, and set it down on the stand before leaning onto the table a bit, her weight on her hands, which were flat against the table as her world spun.

"... shit..." She said quietly

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 05:38:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The vial she almost dropped would have invalidated their 20 minutes of work, so the newcomer was panicked when she nearly dropped it, and sighed heavily in relief when she caught it.

He then watched her lean onto the table, weight on her hands.

"What?" he asked her.

"What's wrong?" he asked further.

'Damn it, we're so close!' he then thought, wondering how to keep this going.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 05:43:02 )

"I.." Kiah started.

"It's... it's taking everything I have to do not hit the floor." She told him after a few seconds.

"I just..." she started, shaking her head to try and clear it.

"Here." She grabbed the vial and held it out to him as she turned to face him, leaning her hip against the table, and allowing him to see how just close to dropping she was, strictly because of the mana expulsion earlier, and it showed in how her hand was shaking.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 06:09:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He looked at the shaking vial, and cursed internally.

"Crap, crap, crap." he repeated.

'What to do, what to do!?' he thought.

"There anything here that can help?" he asked.

"No." Kiah responded. "I just wish I wasn't so dead on my feet." she then said.

The newcomer froze for a moment, before sighing, smirking, and snapping his fingers.

That's when Kiah felt a jolt of energy course through her. It wasn't going to be for long, but she felt like she could easily do this now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 06:12:01 )

Kiah paused.

"I... have even more questions for you now." She admitted before sighing.

"I need you to take this anyway." She added after a moment or two.

"Since I need it out of the way to avoid any possible cross contamination with this next part."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 06:33:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The newcomer accepted the vial and held it securely, making sure he wouldn't drop it.

"Questions later. Work now." he told her.

"We have precious little time left, and I will answer... well..." he stammered, before thinking about it.

"I'll answer what I can." he said.

"Anyway, this last step is the most important, and if it's done right, her life will be spared." he finished, looking at Jordan.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 06:39:37 )

Kiah didn't say anything, merely set to work doing what it was that she knew she needed to do.

"You do realise how uneasy I am with this, right?" She asked, as she spoke, she was working.

"Now, come here. Needs three different mana types. I got my fire and tainted." She told him. "Come add whatever you have in."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.