Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Cedar Fever, Christmas, and Vent

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:32:08 )
I have allergies year-round that I have to manage along with migraines due to it... But starting around November to March, my allergies tend to be the worst due to the pollen from cedar trees. I get sick every winter, on Christmas, because of how bad it gets to me. And this year is not a good year for this... I feel like I can't go out or do anything this year since so many people are deathly afraid due to covid and I don't want to cause worry. I'm thankful that our small town reminded people about cedar fever so fewer people will worry since the symptoms are different but it doesn't ease everyone's stress so I feel stuck.

And this year is so much more difficult to get into the holiday spirit. We couldn't even do our regular large fake tree since we're stuck in a small house atm due to drama. Thankfully, I have a wonderful family that let us stay here at their place. And I guess it's okay since we have full ownership now but I can't wait to move back asap... But we have no choice but to wait until the problem leaves so we can remodel a bit before we move back in so the messy/dusty parts don't send me to the emergency room.

I guess I just miss the extra room we had, this one is so much smaller than our house it's harder to get away from the noise so I'm suffering from migraines more often. I'm really trying to be thankful for everyone who helped us but I miss having our own home and the quiet. And I wish I could speak to my great grandparents... I really miss them and this year hitting harder and I know it's because I'm so much more stressed than normal for the holidays. But I honestly wasn't expecting the sudden and very overpowering grief. So I figured I'd ask for some suggestions that might help what's left of this year a bit better or easier to manage? I really want to make it a good Christmas for my kiddo so even if all I get to do is vent a bit, I'm hoping it'll help calm some of my aggravations because painting/artwork really isn't doing anything for me right now.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 04:09:02 )

I’m not really feeling Christmas this year either. It’s just all too much. I hope your allergies get better since you will probably be spending a lot of time indoors.
Also often I want to just cry over everything that’s happening but I can’t. It’s like a barrier that can’t be broken. That’s the trauma.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 05:52:51 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it really is. Honestly, I haven't been out much, to begin with. I'm a homebody and I tend to walk everywhere so that's a nope when we had snow. (It just melted here) We also had a covid scare, so had to keep my son home for a few weeks since we were not going to force him to get tested since he's little. (stayed the full amount home in quarantine without any symptoms thankfully and everyone else tested negative) This year got colder faster so the pollen has been really bad then with stress makes a weaker immunity. I'm stuck just trying to ride it out for now.
I fully feel that... I'm kind of glad I haven't cried cause it makes my family worry but I know I've been grumpier since it's been difficult to control my frustration. I think this year is a giant collective fail.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 07:29:08 )

@PoeticTorment: I read your whole post and I’m too tired to give a big reply but I’m glad your son is ok.
I agree with you on the getting mad easier and at least if you don’t cry no know worries about it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 18:25:12 )
@Totalanimefan: No worries! I was mainly venting anyway. Yeah, I'm super thankful he's fine. Yep that's very true. Makes it a bit easier to deal with I guess.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 19:25:39 )
I feel you on the allergies, I'm super allergic to the mountain cedar and always have a huge problem this time of year. I used to get sick every Christmas too growing up. I've managed to avoid it the past several years thankfully, but I'm usually sick at least once per winter. Now if I could just get those nose bleeds under control... Nasal sprays help a little when I can stand using them.

I also have migraines though not caused by allergies thankfully. I still feel you for having them in a busy household. Make sure you keep plenty of mediation on hand.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 20:20:59 )
@Priestess of Pie: Yeah, I'm not able to avoid it. The trees are everywhere here... XD
I'm glad you've managed to avoid it though. It's not fun to be sick for the holidays.
Oh, I have! I went up and got a new bottle yesterday so I knew I wouldn't run out.
My six year old has been jumping off the walls since it's almost Christmas so I need them! lol
On the plus side, I'm less stressed than yesterday since the paperwork for our house has been completed.
So hopefully that'll help decrease my migraines since it's one less worry. *^*

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 01:13:04 )
@Nephila: To-do lists sound like a great idea! I could probably do a planner so my days are set which means I wouldn't be rushing around as much.
I constantly clean so not so much relaxing for me. lol
Baking might be a nice change of pace! I do plan on making pies for our family get-together since my sis would like to learn.
Oh, a walk sounds nice! I don't tend to get out much, especially with the holidays so I'll chat with my SO so I can sneak off for a walk.
And I definitely haven't had time to listen to any music so I'll give all those a go!
Thank you for the tips, I really appreciate it.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 22:21:02 )
@Nephila: Thank you. :) I'm allowed to take a max dose now so I'm doing better atm!
And I'm staying inside as much as possible due to the wind so I'm managing.

Also, had to say that baking really helped great. We ended up making two pies and I'm feeling much better.
Never knew how much fun that can be. lol
Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.