Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing 1x1 rp search

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 19:00:51 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

hi! i’m looking to do more writing and rp :-) i don’t have a ton of experience w rp but i have done a bit of fiction writing in the past!

some themes and genres i like:
- magic realism
- surrealism
- supernatural
- sci fi, cyberpunk
- dystopia
- dark fantasy, urban fantasy
- light horror (i don’t have a lot of experience but would be down to try!)
- celestial themes (demons, angels, fallen angels, etc.)
- multiverse / quantum shenanigans
- mythology-based (greek, egyptian, japanese, etc.)

would prefer worldbuilding / original characters as i don’t know a lot of fandoms… but if there’s one you like that falls under one of these categories, i’m open to doing a world based around it or similar to it ?

would prefer posts that are at least a paragraph - i think i tend to do longer posts but there’s no pressure to match my length! i’m pretty patient tho i think mostly someone who can post semi-regularly (at least once a week) would be ideal :-)

some writing samples:
writing sample 01
writing sample 02

some possible ideas / settings:
- a town on the moon … either thriving or somewhat dystopian
- something surreal and wonderland-like but takes place in the jungle, with different animals/characters/themes
- modern fantasy w angels/demons in the city
- something based off a retelling of a myth?

v open to other ideas as well! :-)

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 06:12:49 )
I don't usually role-play but I like to write my own stories so I would want to try this. :) All those ideas sound interesting especially dark fantasy and dystopian settings. :D

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 07:32:01 )
I've been itching for an RP for a hot minute and all my go-to sites are kinda.........well anyway
I'm interested in something celestial, I got loads of demon and angel characters to play with. Or something around Japanese myth! I got a new priestess character I'm wanting to try out. c:

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 19:12:51 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@juliette: ok cool! do you have any loose plot ideas you'd wanna try out or character dynamics you like?
i'm picturing maybe a darker setting where there's conflict in society?

@ouja akuma: yay ok cool!! i'd be down :3
hmm i like the idea of a modern setting but maybe something very loosely inspired by amaterasu maybe .. ?
same question to you too - any loose plot or character dynamics you'd wanna try? what's your priestess char like? ^^

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 22:33:48 )
@xvz: The town on the moon sounds interesting, maybe the government is really corrupt and controls people with a tracker because they are frightened they would rebel and steal their secrets or something? And there will be rebel groups who trade secrets and steal things?

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 00:07:59 )
@xvz: Mty priestess is actually one who serves under Amaterasu lol. Ngl she was 100% inspired by Demon Slayer so yeaaah. I wrote her to be paired with Muzan cuz I'm garbage But I can rewrite her to be whatever needed.
She's part of an ancient tradition in her temple where she inherits the title of Lady Amateru and serves under Amaterasu. The only way to be free from her duty is to wed the son of the previous head (and womp that was Muzan lol). So due to vague reasons, she's cursed to live and serve until she weds the dude. But I wrote her to not have a happy ending so anything goes.
If that doesn't work, I can rewrite it entirely.
Comic | Cosplay

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 09:54:35 )
@xvz: I was thinking maybe my character would be a thief and she hangs out with a rebel group who steals supplies and secrets?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.