Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Kinda-sorta new?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 12:34:25 )
Henlo friendos! So uh, because there seems to be no way of seeing how old one's account is (and my email apparently having yeeted anything in regards to making this account), I don't know how long I've been lurking here on Voltra. Judging by the oldest event items in my inventory it was late '18, but I'm only just now trying to get back into avatar sites again and want to give this place a real shot~

If anyone was on Menewsha, especially from 2009 through roughly 2013 or from hummy's threads, you might remember me as Lilianaire. My standard internet handle has obviously changed a lot since then, but I've already seen some names browsing through this welcome section that I recognize from Mene I'm basically the same geeky lil nerd, just a bit older and a lot more world-weary orz

When I'm not slinging bean juice at a certain coffee shop known for green aprons, I can be found making digital art or playing various games (current ones mostly being Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Pokémon Sword on Switch, and Among Us, Phasmophobia, and Genshin Impact on PC). I'm in an online D&D group run by my fiancé that tries to meet every week or so, though our group chat on Discord is usually where we also drop memes and just talk even outside of the campaign. I'm not as big of a weeb as I once was, but I'm always down for new show recommendations or geeking out about "classics" from the 00s to the mid-10s :vanora_xd:

Hope everyone's been having as good a year as they can, and a happy holidays to any who celebrate 'em

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 13:17:24 )
Hey there and welcome back to Voltra although I haven't met you before

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 13:19:50 )
@ChiffonOrange: Yeah, I looked around Voltra and then life got busy before I could even make an intro before :vanora_sweat: But I'm glad to be back and actively trying to use the site this time! :vanora_smile:

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 13:21:37 )
@chronicdreamer: I see. :o That's alright, I understand *nods*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 13:59:10 )
welcome!!!... back??

Lovely to meet a fellow nerd, especially an drawing nerd uwu!
I'm hoping to find more time to play animal crossing this winter after I finish my current art commissions!!! That's so cool to hear you and your partner play D&D together, that's so cute!
( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
art dump ll instagram ll twitter

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 18:39:59 )

@chronicDreamer: Hey there. Nice intro.
Welcome to Voltra. I'm sure you know this but I think that you will fit right in. I've been playing my Switch a lot in 2020. Mostly Animal Crossing, Pokemon Sword and Rune Factory 4S!
If you need a place to hangout my charity thread is always open. Click the banner in my signature.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 01:39:01 )
@Keturah: I'm hoping to find more time to play Animal Crossing, too! Life got crazy right before the Thanksgiving event and I've not touched it since :vanora_sweat: I love playing D&D with him, though I will admit that as his fiancée I sometimes get mild OOC knowledge dumps from him that lead me to be silently more excited for sessions than the others >:3c :vanora_xd:

@Totalanimefan: There was a good 3-5 months there where I played nothing but my Switch, and then it just kinda dropped off for a bit...guess that's ADHD for ya :vanora_sweat: Have you been playing the Sword DLCs at all? I bought the season pass and kinda started the Isle of Armor one but got sucked back into ACNH (the curse of having to change out cartridges because my dumb butt bought both physical :vanora_xd:)

@KDA Drew: I don't know if it's "worth" trying to register for Menewsha, as the site is sadly dying (partly due to apparent abandonment by the only person who was able to update the code) :vanora_cry: I've got lots of fond memories there, but I hope to build even more fond memories with the folks here on Voltra
also hoping I didn't miss the winter event due to work/IRL winter celebrations >_<

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 05:29:53 )

@chronicDreamer: Yeah I'm like that sometimes too. I have played the DLCs (both of them) but I haven't completed either. I like the wild areas and the raid system but I think it's a pain to find raids that aren't full, and a pain to get people for your raids.
I play ACNH for like a month straight and then I have to take a break cause I get brunt out.

Donator — I am Cat Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 07:23:06 )
Hello. I'm new here. I used too play on Ernya. I greatly miss that place and wish it would come back. But this place seems really neat. :frizzhappy:

Donator — I am Cat Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 07:46:34 )
What is Mene? Is that a ensure like this?

Donator — I am Cat Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 07:47:03 )
Website** not ensure

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 08:07:13 )
@YukiThePanda: I think I had an account on Ernya, another site I was sad to see go. And Mene is/was another avatar forum, but it's slowly dying mostly due to the only staff with code access vanishing. :vanora_cry:

@Ava: Hey Ava!! I agree, I'm so glad so many Mene-rs are coming over to Voltra. Even if/when the site fully dies, we can keep its memory alive by reminiscing here together I'm also on the Discord, but am a BIG time lurker there like idek if I've posted once in the Discord yet o_o" so I'm so happy to reconnect with peeps here x3

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 08:08:16 )
@Totalanimefan: That's how I tend to play ACNH too: play it hardcore for a week/month, then not touch it for another week/month+. The gaming burnout is real :vanora_sweat: But it's still so much fun!

Donator — I am Cat Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 08:30:38 )
@chronicdreamer:
Oh. I absolutely adored ernya. It was the best. And the way you dressed your avatar was really cool. I loved it! And you could create outfits and possibly have them made on there!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 08:32:21 )

@chronicdreamer: Hello there, and welcome back! 🙂

~ I like cats ~

~ Timezone GMT +1 ~

*°•.•°*~ My Wishlist ~*°•.•°*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 09:24:04 )
Nephila:

We have nearly the whole Mene crew here!

Welcome to Voltra hun. :3

If Amane ever shows up, she'll have a lock on the all-time poster spot within a week.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/28 00:49:38 )

@chronicDreamer: I agree! I missed out on most of the mushroom stuff but I only wanted the lamp diy. It’s been very hard for me to find holiday DIYs

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/28 07:50:08 )
@Nephila: Thanks Nephila! It makes me so happy to see so many Mene people here already~
ngl the amount of "teal" on your av rn made me think of hummy, if/when she moves here most of the names I recognize will be here x3

@onsenmark: omfg too true :vanora_xd: also hey there! :vanora-celebrate:

@Totalanimefan: I'm so sad that I missed like ALL the mushroom DIYs, and I haven't even tried getting any of the holiday ones yet :vanora_stunned: I've just been too busy.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/28 17:06:32 )

@chronicDreamer: I only have one holiday diy so don’t feel bad. You could travel back to Christmas Eve and get one diy

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 08:58:00 )
Hello! I am also from Mene, my name over there was Captain Pains, which was the only time I ever not used my internet handle like my current name here lol. I hope to see you around Voltra, I really like how most people here are from Mene so it's been kinda nice to talk to people again. The forums are slow moving but honestly I like it, lets me meet people better. c:
Comic | Cosplay

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.