Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops Animated pixel art request, looking to buy your art!

Donator — ghost Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 04:49:40 )

Hello artists! Thanks for taking the time to look. I'm trying to find an artist willing to make me an animated pixel sprite to use as an avatar for a mobile game I've been playing that allows custom avatars. If anyone is good with pixels/animations, please let me see your work and let me know your prices! It's a fairly simple request of a pink octopus, I have a reference drawing of her as well that I can show you. :)

Thank you!

Donator — ghost Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 07:51:47 )

@KDA Drew: it's called SimpleMMO! Its really cute and has a nice little community.

Donator — ghost Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 07:57:09 )

@Nephila: I'm not on my PC to get the actual doodle I did for the reference, so I just screenshot and cropped it to post here from my phone for now! ^^;;

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 20:35:15 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

just passing by ... >0> and wanted to say @nephila: i really like ur pixel art!!

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — ghost Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 05:43:01 )

@Nephila: I love those, they're gorgeous!!

Maximum size is 52x52.
The animation can only last a max of 2 seconds before loop.
The file has to be lower than 50kb.

That's what the website says.

I'd love to have the octopus just moving her tentacles or something. If this is something you'd like to do, let me know!!
The only other thing I'd need is proof of explicit permission to use it on the website. They really try to protect artists, which I LOVE!
I was going to try and do it myself but I'm spending money to upload it so I wanna make sure I go with someone who knows what they're doing lol.

basically, they charge 200 diamonds (i spent $30 to get 250 of them for reference) to upload your own animated avatar. People can sell them to each other if they want to, I never would. There are also very rare in-game drops for ones the game artists made, but anyone can get those so it's not like only one person can have them.

EDIT: editing to add that when you sell your avatars in game, you can only sell them for game currency! You can't just have an artist make you one then make real money off it. Hope that clears that up a bit more.

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 06:09:32 )

Hello! I saw animated pixel art and a cute octopus and had to give it a shot.

The animation is a bit slowed down in these versions because I was testing the slides. Please let me know your thoughts. (I'm just doing this for fun and practice.)

Feel free to ping me. I'm forgetful.
Temp Free Avatar Art
Trading and Selling Items

Donator — ghost Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/4 11:23:47 )

@Selikait: OMF i didnt KNOW YOU'D MAKE IT ewbfesjdbn i stopped logging on again because im garbage, i LOVE IT, SO CUTE!! Thank you!!

@Nephila: im so so sorry for the late response. there isn't a place for that unfortunately, no :(

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.