Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Autumn Block Party 2017 The Autumn Box [Free Art and Stories!] OPEN!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 04:30:42 )
@Dowan: I am a medical illustrator and paralegal at a personal injury law firm. Basically, you get hurt, I draw your injuries, mostly spinal, and then I also draft really long papers to insurance companies saying GIVE US YOUR MONEY!
(I really dislike my clients, actually.)

By the way, I LOVE your avatar.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 04:38:36 )
@Concentricity: Ah, I see! That sounds like it could be very fulfilling work if you get clients that you actually like, or who you feel deserve help. Some clients I imagine are quite greedy?

Paralegal work is something I've always been interested in, and I may be combining some aspect of it with my pursuit of understanding human psychology. >.>

Thank you~
I've seen your avatar around and love the hat! I also prefer the simple aesthetic you got goin' on. ^^

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 04:43:04 )
@dowan: Perfect, thanks! ;D
Lol

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 04:55:59 )
@Dowan: Unfortunately, all my clients are the ones that are "hurt" ... they're really just looking for a pay day, sadly.

Law work is never dull, I'll say that much. There's always some sort of fires we have to put out because clients have gone and done something they shouldn't have or the opposing counsel is being a jerk ... it's something my entire family has been involved in for four generations. I actually went to college to become a graphic designer and illustrator (which I got my degree in), but I couldn't break from the lawyers, lol. I'm actually married to an attorney, too.

And thanks about the avatar! It's literally a representation of my daily wardrobe!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 06:40:33 )
@Concentricity: That's quite unfortunate but I expected as much. Some people just want what they perceive to be easy money.

Wow, that's some impressive lineage. In a way, you broke from it by incorporating something YOU wanted to be doing (at least, I presume illustrating is more your passion?) with law work. Kinda funny that you landed an attorney ontop of all that law history, though. XD

My apologies for the slow reply. I've been plotting for a D&D campaign I have coming up, and working on some writing projects. >.>

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 06:51:19 )
@Dowan: Yeah, it's not so bad since I'm doing stuff that I enjoy doing. Though I get stuck doing the menial tasks like filing and drafting really monotonous documents sometime.

In terms of lineage, my great-grandfather was the first generation to go to college and he and all of his dozen brothers (seriously) migrated from the farm to all become lawyers. My grandfather and his brother, my great uncle became lawyers. My mother is a paralegal. My great uncle has two out of his four children that are attorneys as well. I guess it's just a blood thing. :P

I loooove illustration though; I do it way more than the actual design part of graphics. I don't mind coming up with text-on-image documents, and I love print design like bookmaking and print presses ... I did actually make all the banners for the event threads for the NPCs. :3

It's fine that you're replying slow. I've been trying to cure a headache with food and warm baths and staying away from the bright screen. But unfortunately it's not been so helpful. ._.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 06:54:11 )
@Dowan: thanks and no sadly i have no dradwing talent i can just apreciat haha.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 08:14:42 )
I've been forgetting to number my posts. Oh well.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 08:30:06 )
@star2000shadow: Haha, no worries. I can't draw either, but we can still recognize good art when we see it! I love that you're using the blossom in the hair BTW. It's so cute.

@Concentricity: Going from farmhouse to law office was quite a feat for your ancestors. My family isn't anywhere near as interesting.

Actually, my great-great-great (I may have forgotten a few greats here) grandmother was an Indian princess and had TONS of children. Like, I don't know how she got through them all reaching an age of maturity with her sanity intact. XD

No one in my family went to college except for my oldest brother, and he's now the CEO of an international architect firm. I understand where you're coming from about doing the menial work because he complains about it all the time. He says he went through all the schooling to do architecture, but most of his job is just going through paperwork.

Oh, those were done by you? Great job. I usually dislike the blur effect utilized everywhere nowadays, but you made it so that the background isn't completely faded. Thus, you can make out some details while the font still maintains focus.

I hate websites that have a huge blurred out background on their home page. It's usually a person like... representing their service or whatever, but you can't make anything out and have to ignore it as you try to find information.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 08:52:39 )
Pretty thread :D

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 08:54:28 )
Hi okios! =D

I dig the animation on your profile.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 08:59:06 )
thanks! 8D yours is awesome. love the persona vibe

does this post count as #2 /15

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 09:01:31 )
Thanks! You play any of the games?

And you betcha. Any post you make here with some amount of substance is x out of 15.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 11:41:52 )
Ah, fell out of the conversation here...whoops!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 11:44:48 )
Haha, it's alright. It's been mostly me slaving away while my overlords sleep. D:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 11:45:58 )
Awwwww. That's no fun.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 11:50:32 )
You should yell at them for me when they appear. =D

I'll be sleeping soon. Should already be asleep, but y'know. Stuff happens. LOL

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 11:50:36 )
This place got so much traffic since I last posted, congrats c; hi everyone...
later.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 11:52:22 )
Hey ghost~

Yeah, it's been going rather well! What are you up to? O.O

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 11:53:22 )
Yeah, I should probably be sleeping right now too actually, XP
Or very soon anyway.

On the off-chance that they're on when I'm not at work or sleeping, I'll totally yell at them! :vanora_huff:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.