Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Let's make a fake winter holiday myth together!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 01:51:51 )
There's something foul about the air here...

Or multiple little ones.
I made a small one in the butter tree thread about the "Smördjur" (literally "butter beast" in swedish) who will drink all your fizzy apple cider and eat all the holiday cookies if you don't set out the butter tree

So I thought: What if we got together to make a fake holiday/myth for the winter season?

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 03:20:05 )
I like it! What is the creative process? We all throw out random ideas? Perhaps we tell a story with each new post providing a new sentence? Some other way I'm not thinking of?
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 03:32:48 )

@Glume: I guess we could all just start with some basic idea then build up on it? Something like "okay so we could blahblahblah and if we don't then blahblahblah" then someone replies with "oh and then blah blah? or maybe blah?"

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 08:05:05 )

Sure :)
We make the paper snowflakes and uhhh... paste at least one on each window in the house. We do it because it calls winter to the area so it can balance out the weather between seasons. If the winter is cold, then the summer will stay hot. If everything gets thrown out of balance, we'd end up with the weather acting like it's a different season every day.
Or maybe it's some sort of idea that it tricks some sort of snow spirit into thinking there's already a bunch of snow so there's no snow disasters like heavy blizzards or flash freezes?

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 00:45:17 )
Maybe you HAVE to finish the butter tree within the day or else you'll have bad luck until you DO eat the entire butter tree
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.