Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Howling Chorus

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 04:00:45 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The man shuddered a little as he slapped the sides of his arms, looking around in the blackness of the park that surrounded him, illuminated only by the late-night street lamps that shone overhead, as well as the moon in the night sky.

"...it's not that cold." he mumbled. "What is WITH this sudden and persistent chill?" he asked himself, as he felt himself speeding up. It was subconscious, it was automatic, almost as though his body was reacting to some unknown danger his mind was oblivious to.

Every single sound seemed to make him jump, and the height of it all came when he heard some rustling in the nearby bushes. It wasn't the wind, it sounded far to erratic, localised, and prolonged for that. All he could do was fixate his sight on the spot where it was, sweat pouring down his face... until he saw a squirrel pop out, look around frantically, and then dive back into the underbrush.

"...whew." he exhaled. "Just a squirrel." he said to himself with a small laugh...

...just as a large shadow lunged at him from behind.

Meanwhile, a younger couple were walking in another part of the park, enjoying a late-night stroll. They liked such things, mostly because they both didn't really like crowds, and the silence around them was soothing. Plus, they loved each others company. They really liked each other. Period.

However, their walk was suddenly interrupted, when the male suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. He sniffed the air, his golden eyes scanning the darkness around them, and fixating in one direction.

"I... smell something. It... it smells like..." he muttered, pausing. "...blood." he said.

"A lot of it." he said further.

"The air is... saturated with it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 04:04:32 )

His date paused, looking around.

"Where?" She asked, her voice curious, concerned as she dug her phone out of her pocket... only to find that her battery died.

"Dammit. I can't call anyone either. But where? What direction and how far, do you think?" She asked, her strawberry blonde hair whipping around them a bit from the wind, as her ocean blue eyes scanned the area immediately around them

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 04:34:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

His short brown hair ruffled in the wind as well, as he raised his hand up and sniffed the air a few times.

"...this way." he said, pointing northwest.

"Come on, there might still be a chance to help them." he told her. Was that an optimistic statement? Yes. Foolishly optimistic? Probably. But he always seemed to err on the side of optimism, which was something their friends and acquaintances liked about him.

He then started to run in the direction of what he smelled, but he didn't go as fast as he could.

He knew he was a lot faster than her, and he also knew that leaving her alone in the middle of the night, especially given what he was smelling... would NOT be a good idea.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 04:51:07 )

She followed, managing to keep up somehow (although it was mostly due to the fact that he wasn't going as fast as he could)

"Matt, go ahead!" She called to him.

"I'll catch up. You know I can find you easy." She added, a bit winded from the jog to catch up.

"Especially since I know the direction."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 05:16:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Matt was silent for a moment, before nodding.

"All right." he said.

"Be careful." he told her. He then sprinted ahead, and as his form got smaller and darker, she saw that he shifted from running on two legs, to running on four legs. And she knew what that meant. She wasn't alarmed by it, she knew it well.

However, he hadn't been out of sight for very long, before she heard something more.

She heard a scream, a yell, and very loud growling and snarling, the sounds carried on the wind.

It sounded like there was a violent struggle happening.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 05:22:37 )

"What the hell!?" She exclaimed before just taking a second to breath for the moment, then taking off. She was fast, but couldn't keep it up for long. She was a sprinter, not a runner, and that was something very well known. It was why she did interrogations instead of field work, for that matter. Or at least part of it.

She reached where she was close enough to smell the blood after about five minutes. It wasn't extremely long, but it was still long enough.

Long enough that when she reached the location, she saw a wolf she knew quiet well, but also a lot of blood, and everything else.

It was enough for her to freeze for the moment, for that matter.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 05:43:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The first thing she immediately saw, was Matt. He was still in his transformed state... a wolfman... but he was standing over someone. Or... was used to be someone. The mangled pile looked to have once been human, but the sight of it now almost made her throw up.

Matt then looked towards her, a crazed look in his golden lupine eyes... before he immediately seemed to snap back to being himself.

"Wait!" he exclaimed.

"I... I can explain!" he insisted, pausing for a moment.

"...I think I can..." he then mumbled.

That's when she noticed that there was blood on his clawed hands... and blood splattered on his snout.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 05:48:17 )

"Wh... what have you done, Matt...." She asked quietly as she backed up a few paces. She didn't turn and run though, merely kept her distance. Over the time that they'd been in the city, she'd learned of the horrors out there, and always knew that this was a possibility due to what he was. ... but she'd always thought it'd be her, not some random stranger.

"I... I need to call this in..." She then said before shaking her head and tearing her eyes away from the mess ahead of her. She was hoping to find a payphone, so she could call someone that could help.

It couldn't have been Matt that did that... could it? He'd never shown that much violence before.... but he'd been stressed lately, and something can always break a person...

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 06:09:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"WAIT!" Matt yelled, as he ran towards her and pounced into her line of view.

"Wait, this wasn't me!" he insisted.

"I didn't do this!" he declared.

While his voice sounded panicked and unhinged, there WAS a sincerity to it... however, she couldn't deny his eyes.

They looked like those of one barely clinging to sanity. Perhaps even having stepped over the line slightly.

"Don't turn me in for this!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 06:12:10 )

"Mathias, I have to. We can't leave this unreported." She told him, her voice begging him not to attack her or stop her.

"If it was, your presence can't be hidden." She added before looking back to the mess.

".... and it's obviously a lycan attack."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 06:33:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Matt took a few steps back, fear in his eyes... and she could see desperation in them as well. And that was dangerous, as a scared and desperate individual was capable of anything.

However, he suddenly collapsed to his knees, grasping at his head, and growling loudly. This caused him to lean forward a little, and his cell phone fell out of his pocket, skittering close to her on the ground.

Whatever was happening, she now had an opening.

She knew his cell phone had to have been working, he'd used it not 10 minutes ago.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 06:38:13 )

She acted quick, darting in, grabbing his phone, and stepping back as she called who she hoped could help with this.

"Hi... There's... I think Matt may have killed someone." She greeted as he answered the phone. She was met with an expected silence before they spoke.

"Do you think you, yourself, are in danger?" He asked. She was silent, staring at Matt, watching him, before biting her lip.

"I ... I don't think so... but.. but I don't know." She told him honestly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 07:02:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Your safety is of the utmost importance." Hal told her. "Where are you?" he asked.

She didn't have the exact coordinates, but she looked around, and noticed one of the noticeable landmarks of the park... a small statue of a condor... and then told him that was in sight.

"Help is coming immediately." Hal then said further.

"If you feel your safety is in jeopardy, run." he told her, before she told him she understood, and they ended the call. Once it was over, he checked those that were working currently, nodded, and pressed the button for the P.A. system.

"Agents Greyson and King to my office. IMMEDIATELY." he said into it, stressing the last word.

One of the agents, Ty, had just been getting a drink from one of the machines in the cafeteria, when he heard the announcement. He was silent, before grabbing his drink, and borderline running towards Hal's office.

He knew that tone. Every second counted here.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 07:07:43 )

She just watched Matt, making sure to stay out of sight, as she didn't want to draw anyone else into this potential mess and possibly violence.

---

The other who was called paused.

"Eh?" She wondered before sighing lightly and setting the blade she'd had in her hands down. She didn't know what was going on, as she was almost never called up to the office. She m ade sure to lock the door as she left, as she'd always made sure, before heading up.

Ty arrived before her by a couple of minutes, but she'd been down in the lab area, so it really wasn't surprising.

"Yo." she greeted with a wave as she made her way in through the open door.

"Close the door." Hal stated simply. She nodded before closing it, her confusion for this most certainly hard to miss.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 07:26:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Once it was closed, Hal tossed each of them a teleportation coin.

"Condor Soaring statue in the park." he told them. "Mathias and Rebecca are there. According to Rebecca, she thinks Mathias may have killed someone, and she's genuinely unsure of her safety." he continued.

"Secure Mathias and make sure Rebecca is safe, so you can send a team in to properly barricade the area?" Ty asked.

"Yes." Hal confirmed. "You two are the only ones working that can deal with a potentially out-of-control lycan." he told them. "Bring them both back here, by force if necessary." he finished.

Ty nodded and turned to Mira.

"You good to go?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 07:35:08 )

Mira nodded.

"Yeah, I am." She answered, looking to Ty.

"Let's go." She added before pausing a moment.

"... Good thing I keep a couple blades in my boots." She added with a light chuckle.

---

Rebecca backed away from Matt, who was almost glaring at her, however it wasn't hard to tell that it was out of desperation. Plus he wasn't entirely thrilled that she'd called in the first place.

He wasn't attacking, but to say she was a bit on edge would be an understatement, if she was being honest.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 08:03:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Matt rose to his feet when she backed away from him.

"...so you called." he said.

"Which means they'll be here soon." he went on.

"Damn it, I can't... I just... damn it, no!" he yelled, as Ty and Mira appeared at the statue, the scene before them in full view.

"Mira, you're faster than I am." Ty said to the female.

"You going after Matt, or stepping between to defend Rebecca?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 08:12:33 )

"I'll get him down." Mira answered. After Ty had confirmed, she took off, her speed not as fast as Matt was, but relatively close. It was one of the reasons why she was good for out in the field like this, she had quite a bit of speed, and knew how to use it.

Rebecca, having not noticed the others yet, just bit her lip.

"I'm sorry, but... I had to." She toldhim.

"This... this will go easier with us calling." She then said, her voice betraying how uneasy she was. Matt just stepped closer to her, dangerously so.

"They'll lock me away, Rebecca." He stated.

"I... no... no they won't! They can't. You didn't do this!" She exclaimed.

"Then why did you call!?" Matt asked in response, irritating in his voice.

"I.... I had..." Rebecca started before ducking as it seemed he'd take a swing at her.

Moments later, Matt became aware of Mira's approach, and how she was getting to be quite close, at that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 08:36:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Matt looked over at the approaching Mira, and cursed loudly.

"Shit!" he yelled.

"I KNEW they'd send someone to deal with me!" he exclaimed.

He then looked at Becca and growled.

"I hope you're happy, because now I have to run, and they won't listen to me!" he said.

He then turned and got on all fours, ready to dash away.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 08:39:15 )

"Matt!" Rebecca called out.

"Why!? Did you do this?" She asked.

".... Is that why you're running?" She asked.

"They had to be contacted and told! If we didn't it would look a lot more like it was you or me!"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.