Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Grateful thoughts for a grateful day

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 18:04:07 )

Its hard getting into the spirit of thanksgiving this year. The past tenday has been almost harder on me than this year as a whole. Plentiful chaos.
But I can be very grateful that this holiday has halted all of that and I have a day where I'm not required to do anything but relax, have a delicious green tea latte and focus on the good around me.

I have a few people to be grateful for this year overall, and this site is definitely included. You guys are always here for me and each other when the year gets rough and that's amazing.

But I seriously cannot get over how amazing my partner has been. When things get rough again and I'm falling apart, he can pull me out of it faster than anyone has. We've been together for almost 4 months now but he still blows my mind, I've never been with a person like this before.
I worried a lot when he took me in recently, when my family troubles got to be too much, and I thought it was too soon for us to live together. Especially when this home is very small, its a student apartment (and yes I'm not supposed to even be visiting here, let alone live here, but they dont monitor anything. not like a dorm), so there's not much ability to spread out. But he gets so giddy about having me around and we have a lot of fun, his room mates are very kind to me and also are very supportive people.

I get a lot of grief from family and jobs, but I always have a safe space to be in, that is now a place I call home.
I could not be more happy about that and I appreciate these people being in my life so much. As well as a healthy partnership that feels so easy to be in, and soooo grounding.

tldr; tell me what you're grateful for! This year is really rough for many or most of us, but maybe taking this holiday to stop and think about what HASN'T gone wrong can be healthy for the brain <3

*edit
I ALSO WANNA ADD
I want to start an art shop on here very soon. I need to start rolling in some orbs.
So if you want to be on a ping list for that lemme know!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 19:51:14 )

I'm glad that to hear you are doing better. I also made an I'm thankful thread today

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 16:35:13 )

@totalanimefan:
Oh sweet~
I didn't realize you made a thread before posting mine xD

@koneko:
Thats a really good way to look at it, actually. And all good things to be grateful for <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 17:33:55 )

@Jolly: No worries. There were like 3 Thanksgiving threads yesterday lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 17:55:37 )

@totalanimefan:
Thats good though! more activity on the site :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 19:09:30 )

@Jolly: Yes there were lots of people making threads yesterday. It was nice lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 22:49:33 )

@totalanimefan:
thats very nice <3 probably cause a lot of us had time off from work

love the themed avi btw! very cute

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 03:21:50 )

@Jolly: yeah lots of us spending off of work yesterday <3
Thank you! I had to make it for thanksgiving! Lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.