Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Happy Thanksgiving (from the US) - What are you thankful for?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 15:29:07 )

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍽🍁
I hope you all have a wonderful day. It’s been a rough year but I would like us to all say what we are thankful for. It can be serious or silly. I’ll start:
I’m thankful for my overall health and my families health. We weren’t without our health scares this year but we are all still on this earth.
I’m thankful for Voltra and its community. I couldn’t have gotten this far without you all. Thank you.
I’m thankful for my husband. We have been by each other’s sides since March and we still love each other.
I’m thankful that I have enough to eat. It wasn’t always that way this year and it still isn’t for many people.
I’m thankful for being able to move to DC. It’s a better fit for me here and I’m happier. I really like being able to bike here too.
I’m thankful for vaccine progress. Maybe this time next year we will all be living our lives normally.

You are allowed to be thankful for the same things as myself. I just want us to reflect and maybe feel a bit better today. It’s Thanksgiving after all. ♥️

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 15:37:00 )

@Totalanimefan:
I am not American but I'm thankful anyway.
I'm thankful for being healthy and secure, I am getting support for my psychological issues and am safe and well. I am physically healthy and have enough food. I am secure in my housing. I am not capable of working but if I was then I know I would get the support I need to find a job.
I am thankful for our NHS. I am at the hospital currently waiting for my mum to finish an X Ray and I am just so thankful for the NHS. The cleaners, the nurses, the porters, the techs - all of them. We are experiencing such scary times lately but they are all doing their best. I am so lucky to live in the UK.
I am thankful for my pets. I don't know what I would do without my rats, and I love my dog so much too <3
I am thankful for my friends and family - especially my friends here on Voltra. We are so lucky to have this community!!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 16:31:40 )
Im thankful for my friends on voltra.
Im thankful for my families overall good health and recoveries.

Come join me at my lil
&

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 18:55:12 )
I'm thankful for being here, even through hard times.

I'm thankful for all the strong people standing up for the lives of others.

I'm thankful to be under a roof and to have food and comforts.

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 11:40:20 )
I got engaged in October, so I am thankful and excited for that.

I am thankful that I was able to successfully cook my first whole Thanksgiving meal at home without ruining anything. Also thankful for the leftovers so I can be lazy.

I am thankful that my family is being more supportive of my decisions surrounding Covid-19. Earlier in the year I was completely uninvited for saying I was going to wear a mask and wouldn't hug anyone at an outdoor graduation party. Which is their loss because our area is now a hotspot and there's no way they're seeing me anytime soon. Since then they've accepted how serious things are and they've stopped being dicks about it.

I am thankful that my fiancé's job is stable even in these times and that he can work from home as much as necessary. It's saving me from having to search for a new job in the middle of a pandemic.

I am thankful that no one has pestered me to join zoom or video chats at all this year because I really hate it lol.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.