Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Depression And Anxiety

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 09:30:20 )
I am very sad as I have applied to a couple of jobs and they basically said no to me. ;_;

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 06:12:25 )
Hang in there, the job market is tough right now. With covid and also from end of Dec to Feb is horrible for job searches since the holidays have passed. Try some mom and pop shops, I found to get hired faster there vs big name companies. Or try a temp agency, just to get the experience. It took me forever to get my first job so I know the struggle. /pat pat
Comic | Cosplay

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 06:19:18 )
@Ouja Akuma: Ok, thank you. :)

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 02:03:37 )
@Juliette: I work at a grocery store and I've been stuck at that job for nearly 3 years now. I absolutely hate it and I want to get a new job but none of the jobs in my area either hire for the hours that I need or have a position that I can actually fill because I haven't gone to college. : (
Male/20/gay/sad. :(
I usually only check this site like once or twice a day so it might take me a bit to respond.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 02:38:27 )
@Evilcupcakecat: Aw, that sucks. ;_;

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 12:46:45 )
Life update: I will be moving into my apartment soon as it will be closer to my campus.

I’m so excited! :D -happy dance-

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 03:36:46 )
I may move into the apartment w Juliette at some point in time too, as a room mate. There isn’t any particular urgency to do so w campuses as my study is completed for good. I do want to experience more independence w living on my own & it’s an exceptionally good place to hone my skills & help Juliette w travel. I’ll discuss it w my psychologist along w my other goals/issues, and we can tackle it (ex. my worries about always needing to know what the present/future brings) without any pre-conceived time constraints/deadlines.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 09:51:25 )
I wish I had some local friends. ;_; -is very sad and depressed and bored-

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/11 03:43:26 )
Juliette - I can relate to our parents contributing to depression/anxiety too & staying in apartment does help~

I understand more now that it’s more of a language barrier thing that our dad especially doesn’t know much what goes on with our lives as well as frustration I don’t have job outside his & mum’s family business. And also past frustration on stuff like constant reliance on transportation.

However, it is getting very disheartening and repetitive with my convos with dad mainly being him asking ‘what did you do today?’ & then answers his question with ‘nothing’. While I know full well I’ve done so much stuff in my life & met a lot of personal goals including transportation & uni. As well as confronting my longstanding pain with roleplay. And things like that, people not believing in what I can do just reduces my faith in humanity & highlights more painfully how abandoned I felt during my roleplay breakdown & then thinking about that just encourages me to distrust people & have angry outbursts. And like, I don’t live to please people, thanks.

My mum understands more & is more compassionate, but she does want me to have a career of my own, any type.

She did also suggest me going back to school if I still felt lost, which I adamantly was against, as I died and lost all my friends in uni, and after uni I found a ray of hope / personal journey to fix my life + to be happy & shortly during, I did another course, in which I barely held on to my scrap of sanity & listened to a lot of heavy metal/rock music & died less high key but it was still horrifying further on the year.

I’m going to try harder in job applying, with my faith restoring hopefully and most likely when I can go for in person appointment with my therapist again ; to practice interviews & talk abt life in general.
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 10:53:36 )
@Jessamine: Yeah, our dad isn’t really that nice. He keeps making fun of our OCD and says mean comments.

Also I find people keep underestimating us because of how quiet we are in real life, our OCD and how young we look. I mean it gets really annoying and I’m so tired of it. It makes me feel like we never really get noticed for who we really are.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.