Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Depression And Anxiety

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 11:47:52 )
So basically for many years I have had depression and anxiety. I basically have no social life and I am very shy which makes it hard to talk to people. I keep worrying about the smallest things and people always seem to judge me. When I get depressed, I tend to binge eat on chocolate and buy things. Also I have been losing weight and I can’t seem to gain weight again no matter how much unhealthy food I eat.

Also I’m desperate to find a stable job so I can finally move into my apartment which has been rented by several people over the years. ;_;

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 13:20:52 )
@Juliette: I'm very sorry that you had to go through it and I genuinely understand about your situation (I'm sorry if it seems like a poor choice of word... ._.;; )
Although I have no advice to say but don't let those judgemental people get into you and worrying is a normal reaction so there's nothing wrong about it.

Donator — SIR Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 20:47:39 )
🌈 Have you ever fed a lover with only your hands, or looked fear in the face and simply said, "I really don't care!"?🌈

@Juliette: Big hugs. Depression and Anxiety can take many forms, and I will say, none of them are pleasant. It is a terribly upsetting way to live when each begins to raise their head and attempt to influence and sabatoge you and your life. I am up for chatting any chance you get. I use Voltra, and Discord. Please know you are not alone, and there is help. I let my anxiety and depression get the best of me, and for over 2 years I was a complete shut in. It nearly killed me. There is hope and there is help. Please reach out when you are able to and comfortable with connecting. ~Xan

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 00:49:11 )
@ChiffonOrange: Thank you. :)
@Xanthan: Thanks, I might do that. :) I could use a friend. >.< -has literally zero friends-

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 01:55:48 )
@Juliette: You're very welcome If you need help, I'll try my best to help you as much as I could.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 04:19:07 )
@ChiffonOrange: Thanks, I appreciate it. :) Also staying at my parents’ house contribute to my depression and anxiety so I’m applying for jobs to be able to move into my apartment where it would be so much more peaceful.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 04:24:26 )
@Juliette: You're welcome ^^
Oh, I see *nods* Usually I find living with parents is normal due to several reasons or depending on situation (in my opinion, I don't mean to say in a rude way ^^; ). But I understand some may not want to live with their parents as they wanted to find somewhere to live in peace and quiet or any reason (such as independance, etc.) *nods*

And if is it okay to ask about what kind of job are you applying for? If you're okay with it, no pressure if you don't want to. I understand *nods*

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 04:38:27 )
@ChiffonOrange: I have applied to bookstores and stationary stores. :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 04:41:43 )
@juliette: Ooh I see :o *nods* Those jobs look less stressful or not too demanding although I've never been in a bookstore or stationery job before :viosweat:

Edit: Oops, I've misspelled stationery as stationary, my bad ^^;

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 04:47:49 )
@ChiffonOrange: Yes, I’m hoping they won’t be stressful. And that’s ok, I just realised I misspelt stationery as well. xD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 04:51:27 )
@juliette: *nods* True, I wish you all the best of luck :vivihappy:
Oh well, people tend to misspell most times and it's common regardless of whether they're fluent or not lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 05:08:12 )
@ChiffonOrange: Thank you. :) I’ll update this thread when I’ve managed to get one of the jobs and move out.

I would be very happy. ^^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 05:19:44 )
@Juliette: You're very welcome ^^

And alright, take your time

Donator — SIR Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 08:07:45 )
🌈 Have you ever fed a lover with only your hands, or looked fear in the face and simply said, "I really don't care!"?🌈

Juliette:
@ChiffonOrange: Thank you. :)
@Xanthan: Thanks, I might do that. :) I could use a friend. >.< -has literally zero friends-

You cannot say that any longer. :) consider yourself friended.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 08:10:55 )
@Xanthan: Aw, thank you. ;_;

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 07:57:43 )
-sigh-

I am depressed and eating chocolate. I’m just worrying about small things as usual. Is there any other suggestions that can help with depression? ;_;

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 09:15:29 )
@juliette: I know I'm not an expert on suggestions but... Try listening to an upbeat music or any song that makes you feel happy

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 09:22:07 )
@ChiffonOrange: Ok, I will try that.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 09:25:22 )
@juliette: Hope it helps ( ^^ ; )

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 10:59:21 )
I listened to Lovely by Billie Eilish for the hundredth time. The lyrics perfectly sum up my life. >.<

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.