Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I learned how to do cupping!

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 01:46:20 )

Day 1 of new job! I'm getting paid to learn more modalities of massage/manual therapy that I've been wanting to learn anyways.
We were using silicon cups so there's no heat and glass, but just a simple concept of pinching the cup to create suction. It can still leave bruising but we dont park them for long, so no one ended up with any of those crazy looking dark circles on their backs lol Our method is quite discrete while still being effective. I had it done on me for the first time too and it basically sucked my menstrual cramps through a straw and out my body xD
I loved it.
I want to study it more in depth in the future but I get to practice these ones on the other therapists until I'm confident in using it on public clients.

Also got to learn new methods of hot stone massage which has been my favorite modality from school. It helps my client while also healing my hands too, so a hella win/win!

In all, my first day was pretty friggin awesome :D
I'm only worried about forgetting where everything goes or forgetting what to restock for products we use in the rooms, or where those come from.
And not getting lost in the twisty hallways..

Donator — Whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 01:54:22 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Exciting! Sounds like it's beneficial in the paycheck department too

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 16:26:47 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
Ooh congratulations! I'm terrified I would ruin somebodys skin or something haha.
We did massages in cosmetology and I really enjoyed it. Wish I had taken school a little more seriously, but then again my class was full of really mean girls

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

Please ping me!

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 17:49:07 )

@Kitalpha Hart:
Yes, I'm stupidly excited! Eager to go to more work there, I wish I could get slammed with shifts already lmao

@milkshake:
I dont think it could "ruin" the skin (considering we dont leave them on for long) but I definitely need to do more research on the adverse effects. I only really know the health contraindications and the benefits to deeper tissues and circulation.

That sucks though, I had some mean people at my school as well. But overall it was still enjoyable since it was more about massaging anyways. Once I stopped having to rely on students and could just massage clients instead, I was pretty excited

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 17:53:46 )

apparently vampire cupping is a thing

:vanora_xd:
dont think I'd ever be willing to do this type of cupping! I like my gentle silicone cups that I can slide around and massage with

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.