Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I feel so iscolated

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 02:09:29 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

First and foremost, I'm not actually talking about situation with COVID-19.
My family is pretty religious, mostly my grandmother and father.
But lately i feel there has been a rift between my sister and I. And it's lately been taxing mentally.
Mostly because she seems to enjoy the religious stuff but it's very hard on me to take in that stuff mentally, which of course no one understands or tries to understand.

I have depression, 2 types of anxiety and a very high possibility of ADHD.
I am not against or hating on the religion stuff. As I understand why they got into it since my mother had a stroke 10 years ago
and it hasn't made life great for the past 10 or 11 years. And currently she is terminally ill with dementia but, I feel like a freak and the only one who can't agree with it and the stuff my dad and my grandma teach me about it and more and more i feel like I have to eventually leave on my own. And of course I feel there is something wrong with me because i can't get into it but a lot of my family members can. Including one or two of my cousins.

When they talk about the future stuff their religion teaches them, it very much stresses me out, but i can't really say "don't talk about it" because it means a lot to them and gives them hope for the future.

They talk about the world nowadays so depressingly, that i have 0 hope in anything. And i understand that life now is very hard and depressing but it's making it very hard for me to even bother study art like I want to in order to get better. It makes it feel like anything I do is pointless. including my art business im trying to build up. The smallest of things i feel instant guilt for because I know it's against what they believe in. I feel i can barely function at times on my own.
At this point i feel i have to pretend i agree with everything when i don't.
But moving out alone terrifies me but it might just be something I have to do.
Because my mental health is not in a good place at all.

And overall it makes me feel, if i don't say yes, im stupid, or evil/a bad person.
and often i will get guilted by them[mostly my dad or grandma] using my mother to get me into it.
And that makes me feel...even worse.

I'm not really here posting here to get advice, or to get attention. It's more so just need to let me feelings out i suppose and kinda
let people know why I sometimes don't post a lot, don't make art a whole lot, etc.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 07:33:18 )
@moodybats:
My upbringing was similar, but I was the only child.
Mother has cancer and my father has kidney failure.

Yeah, It was pretty overwhelming at times being the outsider in the family.
You are just on a different level. It's not bad but your not a part of the hivemind.
When you boil it down to it your family/parents/sister are just people. People have flaws.

I felt like that way too about moving out and being on my own.
I couldn't take it anymore it was my 18th bday I grabbed my stuff and went on a greyhound bus. ( that was 2008)

I'm sorry they are treating you like that. I've been there too and just wanted to say your feeling are valid.
And your art is really cool I followed you on insta.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 19:22:13 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Rebirth: its just hard since my sister is my best friend
and tells me i can talk to her about anything but i feel like this topic i can't.
Because we probably have different views on it. Not that different views is bad, and she is nice
but when someone has different views in this religion my family tends to go "You must be stupid if you can't see the truth."
Mostly my grandma and father are like that and i don't really like that kind of attitude.

With moving, I honestly have nowhere to go or skills really.
and i always wanted to live with my sister but now i just have no idea what to do as far as my life goes.
Moving out on my own terrifies me as i have severe separation anxiety. Being in an unfamiliar place with no one I know just scares me.

Aww thank you very much.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 04:59:23 )
@moodyb: ahh yeah sometimes certain topics are left to be off limits even with someone like your sis.
Religion is tough to talk about with a lot of people. I learned to be laid back to it where I live (texas) I lost friends due to my energy work.

Yeah its tough finding something to do for a living. I used to paint model kits and now use that skill for manicurist certification Im studying for.

Ever thought of doing something like that? Its fun I paint and use a hand drill on people's finger hahahah

.:: Insta :: Facebook ::.
Stay Vibrant, Soul Fam!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.