Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Testing, 1, 2, 3 Thread testing (please don't reply, I'm just testing codes)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 08:56:51 )
The Warlock's Haunted Attic]

Oh, hello there! I'm Geist, the proprietor of this little pop-up art shop. Feel free to come by and check out my wares, or simply stay and chat. I welcome the company.....

~Arts~

I'll do avatar art and OC artwork. If it's an OC, some sort of reference would be helpful; whether it's a ref that's already been drawn or a dream avatar pic doesn't matter, as long as I've got something to go on :3. If it's avatar art, specify if it's your current avatar or another avatar so I can save a pic of it to use as a reference!

For what sort of art to expect, have a link.

~Pricing~

For pricing, I'm going to do something a little different this time. Rather than having set prices, you can make an offer based on what you'd expect to pay for the arts normally. I'm changing it up this year because I want to get a better idea of what exactly to price my art at, as I'm hoping to open up a permanent art shop around the new year. I still plan on doing sales during events, the only difference is now I'll have a permanent shop year-round.

Of course, I still offer the same arts as during previous events.
-Headshot (lineart)
-Headshot (full color)
-Waist-up (lineart)
-Waist-up (full color)
-Add people: Add 100 volts OR 2 pawns per person.

-SKETCHES! Yes, the sketches deal is back! Unlike the main listing above, I'm keeping the starting price for these at 50v OR 1 pawn per sketch. For sketches that have more than one subject, it's the same rule as above.

REGARDING CHARITIES: If you're buying art for/on behalf of a charity, I'm willing to either give you a discount or for no price whatsoever. However, you must provide me with a link to the charity you're buying the art for, so I know that it's not a scam.

~Payments~
I'll accept payments by trade or donation, it doesn't matter to me.

To place an art order, just ping me and use this form here (minus the spaces):
[ B ]Username:[/B]

[ B ]Headshot, wasit-up, or chibi:[/B]

[ B ]What do you want drawn?[/B]

[ B ]References (if needed): [/B]

[ B ]Any other stuff I missed in the form goes here:[ / B ]

Quick note, since I've had problems with this before: pinging me is required. If you don't ping me, I will not see the post with your form!]

~Raffle~

Just as with previous event art shops I've opened, everyone who buys an art (lineart, sketch, chibi, dosen't matter) gets ONE entry into an art raffle! At the end of the event I'll do a drawing, and whoever's username comes up will win a free full-body, full-color commision of your choice. Just keep in mind that whatever you wish drawn cannot violate Voltra's ToS.

~Other Stuff That Should Be Mentioned~
-Follow Voltras ToS
-Feel free to chat~
-By default, I'll be putting all the drawings I do during the event up in a montage on deviantART. If you don't want your pic in the montage, let me know!

---
The Warlock's Frozen Attic]

Oh, hello there! Get in here; it's a nightmare out there, everything's snowed in--I'm surprised you went out. Anyway, I'm Geist, the proprietor of this little pop-up art shop. Feel free to come by and check out my wares, or simply stay and chat. And get something warm in you; there's space by the fire, and I've got a cauldron of hot chocolate going in the kitchen. Don't worry, it and the cookies are complimentary.

~Arts~

I'll do avatar art and OC artwork. If it's an OC, some sort of reference would be helpful; whether it's a ref that's already been drawn or a dream avatar pic doesn't matter, as long as I've got something to go on :3. If it's avatar art, specify if it's your current avatar or another avatar so I can save a pic of it to use as a reference!

For what sort of art to expect, have a link.

~Pricing~

For pricing, I'm going to do something a little different this time. Rather than having set prices, you can make an offer based on what you'd expect to pay for the arts normally. I'm changing it up this year because I want to get a better idea of what exactly to price my art at, as I'm hoping to open up a permanent art shop around the new year. I still plan on doing sales during events, the only difference is now I'll have a permanent shop year-round.

Of course, I still offer the same arts as during previous events.
-Headshot (lineart)
-Headshot (full color)
-Waist-up (lineart)
-Waist-up (full color)
-Add people: Add 100 volts OR 2 pawns per person.

-SKETCHES! Yes, the sketches deal is back! Unlike the main listing above, I'm keeping the starting price for these at 50v OR 1 pawn per sketch. For sketches that have more than one subject, it's the same rule as above.

REGARDING CHARITIES: If you're buying art for/on behalf of a charity, I'm willing to either give you a discount or for no price whatsoever. However, you must provide me with a link to the charity you're buying the art for, so I know that it's not a scam.

~Payments~
I'll accept payments by trade or donation, it doesn't matter to me. And I do accept items as payment! If you want to pay with items, shoot me a PM and I can give you a list of stuff I'm looking for, and we can work out a price there.

To place an art order, just ping me and use this form here (minus the spaces):
[ B ]Username:[/B]

[ B ]Headshot, wasit-up, or chibi:[/B]

[ B ]What do you want drawn?[/B]

[ B ]References (if needed): [/B]

[ B ]Any other stuff I missed in the form goes here:[ / B ]

Quick note, since I've had problems with this before: pinging me is required. If you don't ping me, I will not see the post with your form!

~Raffle~

Just as with previous event art shops I've opened, everyone who buys an art (lineart, sketch, chibi, dosen't matter) gets ONE entry into an art raffle! At the end of the event I'll do a drawing, and whoever's username comes up will win a free full-body, full-color commision of your choice. Just keep in mind that whatever you wish drawn cannot violate Voltra's ToS.

~Other Stuff That Should Be Mentioned~
-Follow Voltras ToS
-Feel free to chat~
-By default, I'll be putting all the drawings I do during the event up in a montage on deviantART. If you don't want your pic in the montage, let me know!

For a grand total of 0!
Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/11 09:43:42 )
Voltra's Space Station
It's a Winter Wonderland In Here!

Original Hangout Here!
Spacey Discord Station

Helloooo Voltrans and visiting aliens! Welcome to our little Space Station; we're a little weird here, but that's normal for us. Another upside is this: we're not snowed in...but that hasn't stopped the festivities! We're having our own little Solstice celebration up here, bringing a little bit of Voltra to our li'l station.
Oh, the snow? Yeah, I know; we may not be snowed in, but some of the crewmen decided that it would be festive and kind of fun to have some artificial snow around the station...and I let 'em, as long as the simulated snow didn't impede anybody or get in the way of important systems, and that they fed the stuff back into the replicators when they were done.
I also let them replicate some [i]real
snow, but only in our arboretum; it's currently in "winter mode", so be sure to put on a coat or grab a personal warming shield before heading in there. We've got an ongoing snowball fight in there, kind of a battle royale; last one standing wins. Just...no chucking snowballs at people as they're leaving or entering the arboretum. That's just rude.[/i]

~~~

IT'S GAME TIME!

Game, you say? Well, I did say we had a snowball fight going on in there. It's Battle Royale, and whoever is the last one standing (and has the most points) wins.

What do I win?
A bundle from the event store! Woo!

How do I play?
This is a dice-rolling game. Everyone starts out with fifty Hit Points, and if you're playing you roll two dice; one twenty-sided (for hit), and one ten-sided (for damage)--be sure to declare who you're throwing the snowball at, though!
For defenders: You just need to roll a 20-sided die, and if the attacker's roll was higher you're hit. If it's lower, it misses and you're safe.

And now...for modifiers!
Yep, you heard me. Modifiers. There are several modifiers in this game, all of which determine how much damage you take and if you get hit by the snowballs at all. They are:
-Snowball Cannon: A potato cannon, basically, but for firing snowballs. This adds a +2 modifier to hit when you throw a snowball. Can be bought for 5 EXP points.
-Fort: What it says on the tin; it's a snowfort. This adds a +5 modifier to your defensive rolls. Can be bought for 10 EXP points.
-Snowball Catapult: Load 'er up and fling a buttload of snowballs at your target. Adds +5 to your hit roll, and can be bought for 10 EXP points.
-Personal Shield: Also what it says on the tin. If you like, you can pick up a full-body shield device and activate it, providing you some protection against snowballs. Adds a +2 modifier to defensive rolls. Can be bought for 5 EXP points.

How do they work?
First off, you've got to buy them, and once you have you don't have to buy them again. When you post to attack or defend, declare whether or not you're going to use it, and I'll calculate the mods in to the rolls.

All right, now how do I post?
Here's the code you'll want to use for your snowball-flinging shenanigans:
[color=#b600f5][size=40][b]I'M TAKIN' AIM AT.....[/b][/size]
[ping your target here]
[post any modifiers you're using here[/color]
@Geist:

For defenders:
[color=#00e8ff]I'M ON DEFENSE!![/color]
[ping the one attacking you]
[Post any modifiers you're using here]
@Geist:

A minor note; pinging me is required in both cases. Otherwise, there's no guarantee that I'll see either post and won't be able to reply properly.

~~~

Apart from this, just follow the rules of the Station and Voltra's ToS! If you've got any questions regarding the game (or any ideas on how to clarify it), lemme know so I can explain or implement it.
Noctem de Magia Academy
///
Voltra's Space Station
///
The Warlock's Frozen Attic--It's cold out there!
\\\
Space Solstice Shenanigans!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.