Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat CO Fires are going nuts

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 20:24:20 )

I can't speak for Cali or the other we're-on-fire states, but sweet jesus
An hour ago one of my coworkers looked up the current AQI and it said 270
Here's a chart to know what that means:

On my way home this morning, ash was raining again. Seems to be an every morning thing this month.
I drive home, leaves and ashes swirling around me under the red, "cloudy" smog sky.
I sit at my desk to draw on my tablet, until I hear the most eerie sounding wind whistling and tossing things around outside. I lean to peek out my window and then I start hearing an adult-sounding shriek in the distance. Uncertain where from, or what to do, I just cease all doings and sit like..

I am safe from fires, still. Just close enough that smoke and ash has been the weather for 2 months.
Im always hearing that the fires keep having explosions and just getting worse and worse though.. Last I checked I think the "closer" one is like 135k acres? probably more by now?

Its easy to feel like the world is ending when it looks like it does outside today.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 20:31:07 )

Why is doom so dang pretty

credit

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:18:02 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

i was in oregon during all the fires, are you able to get a respirator or somethin? our AQI got up to like 700 it was fucked

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

pm me if u wanna donate 2 my living funds

┋ 𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐒 ┋ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ┋ 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ┋
questinghangoutgallery

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 22:24:29 )

That air quality is no joke. Do you have a in home air filter? You are gonna need one.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 02:34:23 )
Jesus Cali been on fire for awhile now. I hate that it’s like that and I’ll be praying for a heavy downpour that can at least bring some of it under control.

How do you even go about putting a fire like that out anyways?

Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 17:13:13 )

@vessel:
I'm honestly strongly considering buying a respirator mask. I just have normal cloth masks I got off etsy and teepublic (a step up from the cheap ones that retail stores hand out for free). But they definitely dont work for smoke, especially when ashes land on my nose and explode inside the mask >__< lmao

@totalanimefan:
I'm,.. not sure that I do? I feel like I have had one before but I move so many times, I can't remember which home had it LOL
I'll check!

@peptobismol:
Honestly no idea! I know its harder when its in the mountain terrain, cause you can't simply get vehicles over to it easily. So they rely a lot on helicopters and stuff like that to pour water and other stuff on it.
Last time a fire got close ish to me, I saw helicopters dropping what seemed to be sand on the ground around to make a barrier behind the neighborhoods. If the fire got close enough, I assume it would help slow it down so they can try to save the homes. :O

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 17:20:42 )

@Jolly: If not you can make one like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH5APw_SLUU&t=2s

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 17:46:06 )

@totalanimefan:
rofl
it just clicked what kind of filter you meant. I was thinking of a totally different thing, like those air purifier machine things.
I most definitely have filters in my vent :vanora_xd:

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 18:29:57 )

@Jolly: Good. In CA not many do.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.