Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops Short Writing Snippets | F R E E

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 10:34:25 )

I used to have a passion for writing, then... gave it up. I don't know why, I guess I drew to love my sketchbook more than my notebook.

Anyway, I want to do some short little snippets.

SAMPLES: 500 Words |

Post your suggestions and roll a single 12 sided die.
BIG THING HERE PING ME or your 'order' doesn't count. At all.
Level One - If you roll 1, 5, 9 then you get a 250 word piece
Level Two - If you roll 2, 6, 10 then you get a 500 word piece
Level Three - If you roll 3, 7, 11 then you get a 750 word piece
Level Four - If you roll 4, 8, 12 then you get a 1000 word piece

First one is free for everyone.
I'll try writing anything not against Voltra's rules.

None yet

She stretched as she woke, before shaking the remaining vestiges of sleep from her form. She pushed the leaf that acted as a blanket off of her before getting out of bed and diving into the air, her wings catching and lifting her into the air more properly a matter of a fraction of a second later, keeping her safe and off of the hard ground. She saw the other fae around her, and while they were all acquainted and amicable, she wasn’t exactly friends with them. Usually, she was the odd one out, that the others often tried to exclude.

However, as she went to fly over a pond to clean up a bit, she heard her name. Pausing, she looked over to see a couple of excited little fae that were younger than she was. They were pointing at her, at her wings.

With a roll of her eyes, and biting back tears, she took off, not even giving them a chance to say anything about what they were pointing at, what they were excited about. She already knew; they were wanting to ridicule her about her wings, about how they still hadn’t acquired their gorgeous colourful sheen that they should. They wanted to beat her down, again, about being a youngling, despite having past the age for maturity already.

It wasn’t anything new. She knew she would deal with it, she would move on. She always did, this wouldn’t be any different. However, she couldn’t like: It really did beat her down.

She reached the pond she was aiming for before noting that there were others already there. It wasn’t something too surprising, plenty of her fellow fae would go to the pond to relax, refresh, and recharge. With others there though, she knew that she wasn’t going to be mingling with them, and oftentimes it wasn’t taken well when she just tried to keep to herself when around others.

As a result, she landed on a tree branch nearby, but still far enough to not be detected, and just stood there, watching the others. The almost stained-glass look of their wings was absolutely breathtaking, and she hoped for as intricate a pattern as her mother had one day. Although, considering she was already past the expected season of maturity for her, but almost a full cycle, she realised that it likely wouldn’t happen.

Once she noticed the pond was clear, she fluttered down, watching the surface of the water beneath her before pausing.

There was a definite colour shimmer on the surface.

It couldn’t be… could it?

When she looked behind her, she saw exactly what she’d hoped to see.

She had some coloured sections on her wings.

Without thinking about it, she took off back to the village, having to tell her parents. She knew they would be excited, hell, she was excited! She was nearly a full cycle late, but it seemed her time had finally come.

And come beautifully, too, it seemed!

None yet

None yet

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 10:34:54 )

Let's reserve this one for JUST in case I need or want it later

Deaa rolled a D12 1 times for; and 6. Totalling: 6
For a grand total of 6!
Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 18:07:07 )

@Amber Lynne: ROLLING!

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 23:14:57 )

@Deaa: 500 words~
Whatcha want?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 00:52:33 )

@amber lynne: ooooh 500 words about a late bloomer, either a fairy or a dragon
    your choice!

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 01:15:32 )

@Deaa: Err, that's ... very very little. Lol.
Do you have anything more specific?
If not, that's fine, but you can specify more if you want. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 03:05:16 )

@amber lynne: ahhh ok I wasn't sure how much you needed as a prompt!
    a late blooming dragon or fairy, finally coming into her elemental power/focus
    if dragon, her horns are still growing, if a fairy, her wings are finally getting their color!
    she's about 1 year behind her estimated maturing ceremony and she's excited to tell her parents they can schedule it
    need more?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 03:06:41 )

@Deaa: Hmmmm, I miiight have enough with that~<3
Thanks!
I should have it posted tonight.~<33

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 03:07:31 )

@amber lynne: wahoo! :'D excited to read it lol

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 03:37:20 )

@Deaa:
She stretched as she woke, before shaking the remaining vestiges of sleep from her form. She pushed the leaf that acted as a blanket off of her before getting out of bed and diving into the air, her wings catching and lifting her into the air more properly a matter of a fraction of a second later, keeping her safe and off of the hard ground. She saw the other fae around her, and while they were all acquainted and amicable, she wasn’t exactly friends with them. Usually, she was the odd one out, that the others often tried to exclude.

However, as she went to fly over a pond to clean up a bit, she heard her name. Pausing, she looked over to see a couple of excited little fae that were younger than she was. They were pointing at her, at her wings.

With a roll of her eyes, and biting back tears, she took off, not even giving them a chance to say anything about what they were pointing at, what they were excited about. She already knew; they were wanting to ridicule her about her wings, about how they still hadn’t acquired their gorgeous colourful sheen that they should. They wanted to beat her down, again, about being a youngling, despite having past the age for maturity already.

It wasn’t anything new. She knew she would deal with it, she would move on. She always did, this wouldn’t be any different. However, she couldn’t like: It really did beat her down.

She reached the pond she was aiming for before noting that there were others already there. It wasn’t something too surprising, plenty of her fellow fae would go to the pond to relax, refresh, and recharge. With others there though, she knew that she wasn’t going to be mingling with them, and oftentimes it wasn’t taken well when she just tried to keep to herself when around others.

As a result, she landed on a tree branch nearby, but still far enough to not be detected, and just stood there, watching the others. The almost stained-glass look of their wings was absolutely breathtaking, and she hoped for as intricate a pattern as her mother had one day. Although, considering she was already past the expected season of maturity for her, but almost a full cycle, she realised that it likely wouldn’t happen.

Once she noticed the pond was clear, she fluttered down, watching the surface of the water beneath her before pausing.

There was a definite colour shimmer on the surface.

It couldn’t be… could it?

When she looked behind her, she saw exactly what she’d hoped to see.

She had some coloured sections on her wings.

Without thinking about it, she took off back to the village, having to tell her parents. She knew they would be excited, hell, she was excited! She was nearly a full cycle late, but it seemed her time had finally come.

And come beautifully, too, it seemed!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 01:03:36 )

@amber lynne: Ahhhhh so satisfying ; u;
    I actually really like this premise and may write something myself about it
    I hope you enjoyed writing it as much as I enjoyed reading/experiencing it!

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 01:10:49 )

@Deaa: It was more difficult than I thought, actually.
I rewrote like half of it a few times, lol.

I DID enjoy working on it though, and I'd love to read your take if you do one~<3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 01:22:42 )

@amber lynne: yea I wanted to keep it kind of open ended for your creativity
    what was the most difficult part for you o:

for sure! I was going to ask if you'd want to read it lol

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 01:27:15 )

@Deaa: The most difficult? Trying to cram it all in 500 words XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 01:32:54 )

@amber lynne: LOL YES I bet that was a challenge!
    a lot of the time, the smaller the limit, the harder it is
    because you have to be concise and purposeful with each word/action/description/etc. you choose!

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 01:35:34 )

@Deaa: yuuuup
That's part of the reason why I wanted to try though~

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.