Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Horror novel brain storm (not sure where to put this)

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/11 15:11:11 )

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Ok so National Novel Writing Month is coming up and I have three weeks to buckle down and actually start brainstorming. I actually started to brainstorm bach in march but in mid-august our landlord after 26 years of never hearing from her made a visit and fired the company we been renting threw all these years hired a new one and then terminated our year contract and told us we had to be out by October (we know we could of stayed but after all the rules she made we couldn't deal with it..... example having a deck but couldn't use underneath it as storage nor have anything on it like a table or chairs ) so after the move and everything i lost interest or memory of the original thoughts due to the rush of everything. Now that i'm pretty much settled in and actually having amazing neighbors (our housing area has a Facebook page and people actually look out for each other like miss placed packages and helping each other out) . So i remembered a creepypasta i read which parts bothered me but... that's another story.... But it was pretty much an origin story of a new urban ledge ..... Would anyone be interested in a story like that?.... Like a novel setting up creating an urban legend that may or may not lead to a squeal?

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/11 21:06:04 )

@Kittyzilla: sounds like it could be interesting. Sort of like a dark thriller. Do you have any ideas what type of urban legend it would be? Magical or mundane, etc?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/11 21:11:07 )
I can’t run away from the beast
RIP the scab and set it free
It’s the killer in me

@sunny: not sure cuz the other idea i was playing with is kind of someone having premonitions of murders and a beast being there but the beast not being the killer but more like a supernatural 'omen' for the person with the premonitions
but still debating

There is blood on the path I walk
And each step I take is haunting me
Embraced by the darkness, I'm losing the light
Encircled by demons, I fight

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.